Having trouble with this? The facebook app only seems to support photo uploads. Online, there is a video page that says I can email the video to:
    [email protected]

there's also [email protected]

so I did that, and got an email back saying the video format is not supported.

But, if I transfer the 3gp video to my desktop and upload it, it uploads and plays just fine.

What's up? Thanks?
    08-16-08 02:33 PM
    i have the 8130 and have tried all of the suggested email and mms addresses an no luck. guess no one here has a solution. Off to the web to search.

If I find anything I will come back and post.
    09-26-08 10:38 PM
    same here, except i get the "There was no photo attached" when i try sending one, or if i try to send more than one photo it only uploads one.
    09-27-08 01:45 AM
    searched for a few hours after my post last night and no luck. except for a third party program which ended up causing other issues I had to resolve.

Am I the only one who cannot figure out how to get video from my BB to Facebook?!!!

Someone please help.
    09-27-08 02:54 PM
    This my first post here. I too am trying to figure out how to upload a video on facebook.
    Hello everyone btw hehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 03:57 PM
    Hi All
    I have the Blackberry Bold

I shot a little video in MMS Format
    I went to my Facebook account and got the Video Application
    They said it was intialized

Then I sent my Video as a MMS to [email protected] and also
    [email protected]

I got an error message as well

Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this?

Thanks
    01-19-09 09:56 PM
    Having trouble with this? The facebook app only seems to support photo uploads. Online, there is a video page that says I can email the video to:
    [email protected]

there's also [email protected]

so I did that, and got an email back saying the video format is not supported.

But, if I transfer the 3gp video to my desktop and upload it, it uploads and plays just fine.

What's up? Thanks?
    I've been having the same problem. This thread just came up in my google search for an answer. If anyone finds the solution, please post to this thread. Thanks!
    02-02-09 10:46 AM
    i'm having the SAME PRoblem! I'm so annoyed.. i contacted facebook so i'll see if they get back to me! :-( I'm so upset! i just got my bb and never had issues sending videos to fb before on my other phone!
    05-14-09 10:43 AM
    grrr kust got the storm as a B-day/grad gift frm my dad nd not only cant i get the videos on to FB i cant even get them onto my computer for some reason :S this is my first BB so idk if ive done something wrong or wat ?? help ne1 plz
    06-04-09 11:14 PM
    Try the new qik application. Bla1ze had an article on it. No storm love though!

Found a link too�
    http://crackberry.com/qik-0-1-15-adds-youtube-twitter-and-facebook-auto-uploads
    Last edited by wilsopd; 06-05-09 at 09:45 AM.
    06-05-09 09:43 AM
    Try the new qik application. Bla1ze had an article on it. No storm love though!

Found a link too�
    http://crackberry.com/qik-0-1-15-add...k-auto-uploads
    Qik | Share Live Video From Your Mobile Phone
    You can actually stream almost live to the web also (on 3g networks)
    But its the only thing that actually uploaded videos to FB for me!
    06-08-09 03:56 PM
    I was having the same problem posting video from my Storm to Facebook. I have a workaround that does the job cleanly, and lets you post video from the Storm in High Quality (480x352) rather than MMS. The setup takes a few minutes, but other than that it's no big deal.

1) If you don't have one already, establish a Twitter account.
    2) Download UberTwitter to your Storm to allow posting of video to your Twitter feed (it even GPS's the location that you post from).
    3) In Facebook, search applications for the Twitter app, and set it up so that your Twitter posts synchronize to your Facebook posts.
    4) Use UberTwitter to post your video to Twitter (if you are in media, it comes up as one of the menu options). Once you post to Twitter, the post sync's to Facebook and your video is there.

Once the setup is done, there are really no additional steps to get the video onto Facebook- UberTwitter and the Twitter app just take care of it. It's as easy as the directions for posting to Facebook, with the advantage of higher quality video.

Happy posting-

PS- using this method, the file size limit on MMS does not apply as UberTwitter is uploading the file via the data side of you BB plan. Also, you are not using MMS messages to send the file.
    Last edited by jonrsf; 06-17-09 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add add'l info
    06-16-09 10:31 PM
    I just sent a video to mobile @ facebook.com. I changed my setting to MMS and sent it via MMS to that email and it worked.
    07-05-09 12:35 AM
    I just send a video to facebook...YES....this has taken me awhile to figure out. I changed my settings of the video to MMS. Then sent the video Via MMS to mobile @ facebook.com. Worked just fine.
    07-05-09 12:38 AM
    i have the same problem, trying to upload video to facebook through email. photos work fine. videos work fine if i transfer the video to my computer first and send from there. if i try to email it from my curve, it says it didn't find a photo attached to my email. i don't really want to use mms, as i don't have an mms plan and it would cost i think 50 cents per mms.

hopefully its just bugs that need to be worked out on facebook's end
    07-24-09 05:09 AM
    I just sent a video to mobile @ facebook.com. I changed my setting to MMS and sent it via MMS to that email and it worked.
    I tried again after not being able to months ago, and after sending an MMS video via MMS to mobile @ facebook.com, I got an SMS back from FB saying "Sorry, that video format is not supported."

How can it not be supported? It's a 3GP video shot on my Bold in the crappier 176 x 144 MMS mode.
    07-24-09 08:02 AM
    yeah its kinda weird how if i send the video to my computer then send that exact same video to the facebook email address, it works perfectly.

is going through RIM's servers doing something, or blocking it somehow?

ive also tried uploading through other email methods, like pixelpipe and yfrog for twitter. they don't work either..
    Last edited by barrist; 07-24-09 at 08:40 AM.
    07-24-09 08:35 AM
    i use the itookthisfrommyphone app with any problems. lets you upload videos and pics, of anysize or format from your phone to an online album on thier site as well as to facebook, myspace, twitpic photobucke, etc...
    all free and available from itookthisfrommyphone.com
    07-24-09 05:11 PM
    its exactly right what was said above. Change your video settings to mms mode. Send it as a mms to [email protected] and it shows up seconds later. I have a tour. Will try it on my storm soon
    07-25-09 01:29 AM
    My issue is that settin the video to MMS gives AWFUL quality!! everyone talkin about sending it via MMS but what about emailing it from my blackberry email?? would that work?? I've been trying but to no prevail...
    07-26-09 11:29 AM
    I was able to post a video from my blackberry curve to facebook...
    I did it by going to messages on the phone and clicking menu, then went to compose mms and oh I forgot I put facebooks email address of video at facebook.com this stupid thing wouldn't let me post the actual email address so look at the posts of people that show the actual email address. anyway I put that email address in my address book first. so wen I clicked on compose mms it took me to my address book and I clicked the facebook email above. then it brought up the email and I clicked menu again and went to attach video. It allowed me to choose the video I wanted and I attached it to the email and when it came back to the email I once again clicked on the menu after I wrote "video" in the body as well and I sent it... I then recieved an email back with a code that I went on my computer to facebook and under mobile video I entered the code which allowed it to recognize me and my curve so it would then post to my facebook account.... so it is possible And sorry about the spelling I suck at it...
    08-03-09 01:11 AM
    This my first post here. I too am trying to figure out how to upload a video on facebook.
    Hello everyone btw hehe

Welcome to the addiction!
    08-03-09 01:06 PM
    I've just discovered ShoZu (shozu.com). It's an app that allows you to upload from the blackberry storm to YouTube. It took a while with Tech Support but it's finally working. The next step is to find an app that imports YouTube video uploads directly into one's FaceBook page.
    09-21-09 05:19 PM
    heres the download link for qik for the storm

www.qik.com/dl/298

enjoy!
    10-01-09 01:57 AM
    i was able to figure out how to put videos onto my facebook and whatnot, but when i go to send the video as an mms, it tells me that the message content size exeeds limit. what does that mean, and why is it saying that...the video is like, 11 seconds long, if that.
    10-11-09 04:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD