6.0 feels sluggish on my 9650 despite whatever os, leak, hybrid, shrink I use.

I really wish rim comes out with a lite 6.1 or 7.0 os for this device.

I am not looking to run flash, I just want to retain webkit browser but with the os5 feel of speed.

Any chance fo this happening, or do Ihave to wait till august for rim to release new devices?

It is really taking rim too long to release new cdma devices, the bold 9650 design is over two years old, if you consider its just a slight 9630 refresh which was released april 2009.

This is a joke that I still support this company, when all my friends and family switched platforms to ios and android.
    Last edited by edlivian; 06-13-11 at 10:18 AM.
    06-13-11 10:15 AM
    I hear you man, not even 5 months since i picked up the torch. And its already outdated, and won't even support OS 7, LMAO. Atleast apple supports their devices for more than a year. Im gonna mis BBM but its a matter of time before iMessage ships.
    06-13-11 10:41 AM
    Is your phone broke? Doesn't work like it did when you bought it?

If 6 is sluggish what do you think 7 or 6.1 lite will be?

Apple can put new OS on old phones but not all new functions work since apple basically has the same OS and hardware.

RIM is moving on to new hardware and a new OS that takes hardware to support it. After this is done, whenever that may be then your older phone will more than likely get the updates. Not the older OS 4 OS 5 or OS 6 phones and probably not the OS 7 phones. But the QNX phones.

If that doesn't do it for you then you can always buy what makes you happy.
    Good luck with what you choose.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-13-11 at 10:50 AM. Reason: add about bb os
    06-13-11 10:48 AM
    Not to flame anyone, but i dont understand why people are upset that current devices do not support OS7. Its like purchasing a HDTV; as soon as you leave the store with it, you are outdated. I fully understand that the phone will be obsolete when I purchase it. I look at the phone to see if it will fit my needs and call it good. I really don't care if it has the newest software on it or not. OS7 will be buggy as soon as it comes out. I would rather wait and let them work that out before I buy a phone that uses that. You can be the guinea pig, I will thank you later...
    06-13-11 10:56 AM
    I can't believe people are still calling the 9650 a slight refresh of the Tour. In retrospect it's the Tour that should never have been released.But as to the original question,I'm sure there will never be an official OS 7 Lite for the 9650 or 97xx series Bolds.Perhaps someone will create a functioning Hybrid but,IMO,the 9650 doesn't even work it's best on OS 6 and is an OS 5 device at heart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 11:38 AM
    I recommend the King V6 hybrid for the 9650. Stable, lots of OS 7 files that make the web browser much faster, imo.
    mpagano37 likes this.
    06-13-11 12:15 PM
    I recommend the King V6 hybrid for the 9650. Stable, lots of OS 7 files that make the web browser much faster, imo.
    There's a new version coming out soon (maybe today). Lots of OS7 and the new .600 files.
    06-13-11 01:54 PM

I am not looking to run flash, I just want to retain webkit browser but with the os5 feel of speed.

Any chance fo this happening, or do Ihave to wait till august for rim to release new devices?

It is really taking rim too long to release new cdma devices, the bold 9650 design is over two years old, if you consider its just a slight 9630 refresh which was released april 2009.

This is a joke that I still support this company, when all my friends and family switched platforms to ios and android.

Are you done ranting/whining?? 9650 is more than a slight refresh from the Tour. Switch platforms like your friends and family, no one is making you stay with BlackBerry, no one cares if you leave.
    meistro likes this.
    06-13-11 02:01 PM
    There's a new version coming out soon (maybe today). Lots of OS7 and the new .600 files.
    Bring it on! Ready & waiting!
    06-13-11 02:16 PM
    @jb Scrid2000's latest build http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/6-...9650-a-622186/ ain't too bad either and a patch is coming out anytime now to make it even better.
    BlkScorp33's new build KV6.x should be out soon and will be good as well.

@pc Yeah, I gave up, just keep telling everyone now to "go droid and you will love it" or be back, can't hurt to try it out though I guess.
    06-13-11 04:45 PM
    Ew. Droid is out of date within a month of purchase. Lol.

Still. I'm wondering if anyone has the 6.1 that was supposedly for the 9650. I wanna see this on my phone. (Rip the image files for the options and whatnot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 05:04 PM

Is this available? My OS 6 feels sluggish as well. And I only use a few apps.
    Anything I can download to get better performance without screwing everthting up?
    06-13-11 08:08 PM
    1. RIM's not going to pour already strained resources into something like that. They'd have to support it too and get the carriers to support and distribute it as well. Nope not gonna happen.

2. Major OS revisions/upgrades almost always are slower on devices engineered for older OS'es. This goes for PCs, Macs, BlackBerries, iPhones, and well almost everything else. You probably would not like the results anyway.
    06-13-11 08:21 PM
    Thanks. I was thinking that but wanted to check. Love this site!
    06-13-11 08:31 PM
    I can't believe people are still calling the 9650 a slight refresh of the Tour.
    +1

hmm... Bold has a better processor, more memory, wi-fi, etc
    06-13-11 09:36 PM

No chance, the phone is hitting EOL soon.

If you don't like it move on. Please..

Tim
    06-13-11 11:48 PM

Tim
    Soon? As in 3/31/2011?
    06-14-11 07:14 AM
    Soon? As in 3/31/2011?
    ZING!!!

10Char
    06-14-11 09:12 AM

Tim
    Soon? As in 3/31/2011?
    It's a time machine thing.
    06-14-11 09:31 AM
    +1

Not so sure about the better processor and don't really want to rehash the old debate, but double memory, wifi and trackpad in otherwise same basic package could probably be called refresh or what the Tour should have been in the first place, basically 9700 with twice the memory.
    06-14-11 10:03 AM
    Ew. Droid is out of date within a month of purchase. Lol.

Blackberries are out of date before they're released
    06-15-11 08:03 AM
    what determines if a device is outdated?
    a new model in the same line being release? no manufacturer support/EOL notice?
    07-03-11 08:24 AM
    +1

Processor is the same as the Tour (528Mhz MSM7600)
    07-03-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD