Need help. My blackberry bold won't finish restarting, every time it only reaches the 75% and stops. Tried multiple times, took my battery out and nothings working. Please help! Blackberry Bold 9650
    06-12-11 02:19 AM
    06-12-11 02:24 AM
    will it work on a mac computer?
    06-12-11 02:27 AM
    will it work on a mac computer?
    No. You need to run Windows, either on a partition using BootCamp or in a virtual environment. If you cannot do either, you need to borrow a PC.
    06-12-11 02:31 AM
    Wait for it. How long does it take to get to 75%? After a few months with my Bold it would get to around 75% quickly, but then hold there for a few minutes (my reboot time is about 7-8 minutes normally and at least a third of that time is when it's stuck at 75%).

So, before you start playing with the OS and wiping your device reboot and just wait for about 10 minutes and see if it pulls through.
    06-12-11 02:34 AM
    it finally got passed the 75% way mark. took the battery out for what seemed like 25 minutes and after a while got back to normal. thanks guys!
    06-12-11 02:38 AM
    it finally got passed the 75% way mark. took the battery out for what seemed like 25 minutes and after a while got back to normal. thanks guys!
    Yah, that's what I was expecting. I'd it gets stuck there you just need to wait it out, the bold is prone to things like that.
    06-12-11 02:41 AM
    Um, that wouldn't be the case for OS6. It should only take 2-3 minutes tops to boot. But I agree. Leave it be for a while just to be sure it's nuked. But it sounds nuked to me...
    06-12-11 03:36 PM
    Um, that wouldn't be the case for OS6. It should only take 2-3 minutes tops to boot. But I agree. Leave it be for a while just to be sure it's nuked. But it sounds nuked to me...
    Actually 7-8 minutes is normal for a lot of people with an OS6 bold. I started a thread about it not to long ago thinking it was a problem with my device, but most everyone said it was normal...
    06-12-11 06:43 PM
    Actually 7-8 minutes is normal for a lot of people with an OS6 bold. I started a thread about it not to long ago thinking it was a problem with my device, but most everyone said it was normal...

Hmmm been running OS6 for months and never had it take more than 3 minutes. Weird.
    06-12-11 06:50 PM
    You are in the luck group Jadee. Mine takes about 5-6 minutes. I'm not sure what app(s) are making it boot longer but I do remember there are some that will do that.
    06-12-11 11:06 PM
    You are in the luck group Jadee. Mine takes about 5-6 minutes. I'm not sure what app(s) are making it boot longer but I do remember there are some that will do that.
    Do you have memory cleaning enabled? If you are on BIS, not BES, memory cleaning does not serve any real function. It will slow the boot time, though.
    06-13-11 05:15 PM
    I haven't a 7 minute boot since Storm2 with crappy OS5

Hmmm been running OS6 for months and never had it take more than 3 minutes. Weird.
    That's a more reasonable boot time.
    06-14-11 08:13 AM
    my reboot time on OS6 is also about 2-1/2 to 3 mins as well.
    Do you have memory cleaning enabled? If you are on BIS, not BES, memory cleaning does not serve any real function. It will slow the boot time, though.
    I agree with you lak611, my normal boot time is as i stated above and i decided to turn on mem cleaning one day, and found my reboot time nearly tripled to almost 9 mins! So i shut that off and back to the norm now
    06-14-11 08:16 AM
    Actually memory cleaning does serve a real function. There are a lot of people who have a memory drain issue and having the this option running helps alleviate the need to reboot several times a day.
    06-14-11 09:41 AM
    Actually memory cleaning does serve a real function. There are a lot of people who have a memory drain issue and having the this option running helps alleviate the need to reboot several times a day.
    It is a security function, not a memory optimization feature.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mem...ml#post4248354
    06-14-11 10:58 AM
    Idk if I buy into the claim that it slows down boot time either, doesn't make a diff on my Bold. And it does in fact free up memory.
    06-14-11 11:01 AM
    It is a security function, not a memory optimization feature.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mem...ml#post4248354
    It does more than act as a security function. Give it a try and you will see a paper going through a shredder. Yes, it does delete unreferenced or cached decrypted content, but it also clears the cache from the browser and other stored content. You shouldn't limit the usefulness of a feature.
    06-14-11 01:26 PM
    Idk if I buy into the claim that it slows down boot time either, doesn't make a diff on my Bold. And it does in fact free up memory.
    Agreed, I have had it enabled and disabled and the boot time is about the same.
    06-14-11 01:27 PM
    It does more than act as a security function. Give it a try and you will see a paper going through a shredder. Yes, it does delete unreferenced or cached decrypted content, but it also clears the cache from the browser and other stored content. You shouldn't limit the usefulness of a feature.
    I check QL's Device Info before and after running Memory Cleaner.

Memory Free: 253.48 before
    Memory Free: 258.00 after
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-14-11 at 01:34 PM.
    middbrew likes this.
    06-14-11 01:31 PM
    I'm having the very same issue with my 9900 but I've been waiting ALL DAY for it to finish rebooting. Any suggestions?
    04-18-14 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD