Hi All,

I am a sole trader and the reason why I purchased a BlackBerry this week is because I want to set up email facilities for my 2 separate pop3 email accounts so I don't lose business.

This is proving to be FAR more difficult then I ever expected and I'm not a complete muppet when it comes to mobile phones.

Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to set up Pop3 email accounts on the 9780 with Vodafone?

Thanks.
    06-11-11 07:11 AM
    Step by step.

1. log into the email setup option on your blackberry
    2. select "other email"
    3. enter email address and password for email account
    5. press enter.

Hope that is detailed enough.
    06-11-11 07:36 AM
    Before you even try the above, make sure you have a BlackBerry data plan
    06-11-11 08:16 AM
    Hi, yes I tried that, MM but it doesn't work.

I definitely have a data plan, Phil.

Vodafone have been useless. I'm sending the Blackberry back tomorrow.

I genuinely can't believe there aren't more BB users out there suffering the same problems as me.

Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.
    06-12-11 04:13 AM
    I definitely have a data plan, Phil.

Vodafone have been useless. I'm sending the Blackberry back tomorrow.

I genuinely can't believe there aren't more BB users out there suffering the same problems as me.

Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.
    Is it definitely a BlackBerry BIS data plan, because a normal data plan won't work?

Is the plan active? You can tell if it is as you should have the 4-dot BlackBerry symbol and 3G in caps next to your signal meter at the top right of your screen.

If it's not, then try registering:- Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now

You should receive a message confirming you're registered successfully.

Once you're registered, just follow MM's instructions above to setup your email account.

A BlackBerry is all about email, so don't give up so soon... you'll love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-11 04:32 AM
    Thanks for taking the time out Phil.

I have the 4 dots in the top right hand corner but GPRS in caps not 3G.

Following your above commands after "Host Routing Table" I don't get the option to enter "menu"

I get a load of "GPRS UK" numbers and one of them is in bold.

Any other ideas?

Cheers.
    06-12-11 04:55 AM
    Sorry, I meant press the Menu button (the one to the left of the trackpad) once you're on that screen, then select Register Now from the list.

Looks like you're already registered though, if you have the BlackBerry symbol up. No harm trying it again though.

The only other way I can think of setting up email accounts, is via Vodafone's BIS website rather than on the phone itself. Unfortunately I've never done that and don't know the address, but I'm sure it's out there on Google.

06-12-11 05:06 AM
    Flashthedeveloper - I am a BB newbie having the same problem! I completely understand your frustrations. It's likely I will be returning this phone as well.
    06-16-11 03:21 AM
    The only other way I can think of setting up email accounts, is via Vodafone's BIS website rather than on the phone itself. Unfortunately I've never done that and don't know the address, but I'm sure it's out there on Google.

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk
    06-16-11 07:19 AM
    OK, so this is now officially pissing me off.

Since I last posted on here I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to BT India, I had to pay a �30 BT engineer call out charge, god knows how many emails back and forth between the company I have my domains with, countless calls with Vodafone andwe've exhasted every avenue. We've reset all passwords. Set up new outlook accounts and everything is working 100% perfectly. But when I try to register my outlook express email address on to my blackberry, no matter what I/We do it won't accept it.

The only reason I got a BB is for this reason so you can understand my frustrations. It's gone past the 7 days so I can't even send the bloody thing back.

I still can't beleive I'm the only bloke to suffer this! There must be hundreds of small business owners out there who bought a BB so they could pick up their outlook mails when not in the office.

Please. Send. Help.
    06-21-11 02:52 PM
    could you explain how you are trying to enter your email address's? are getting any errors? setting up email on a bb is simple as you dont have to enter any port settings or anything just your address and password. if you could explain what you are doing we should be able to solve this.

cheers
    06-21-11 03:54 PM
    OK, so this is now officially pissing me off.

Since I last posted on here I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to BT India, I had to pay a �30 BT engineer call out charge, god knows how many emails back and forth between the company I have my domains with, countless calls with Vodafone andwe've exhasted every avenue. We've reset all passwords. Set up new outlook accounts and everything is working 100% perfectly. But when I try to register my outlook express email address on to my blackberry, no matter what I/We do it won't accept it.

The only reason I got a BB is for this reason so you can understand my frustrations. It's gone past the 7 days so I can't even send the bloody thing back.

I still can't beleive I'm the only bloke to suffer this! There must be hundreds of small business owners out there who bought a BB so they could pick up their outlook mails when not in the office.

Please. Send. Help.

quit trying to get your POP 3email ID on your BB. The mails downloaded on your outlook maybe deleting from server , thus not enabling simultaneous d/l on your BB.

Try doing the following.

1) Register yourself on the voda UK site mentioned above.
    2) You will get an option to create a vodafone email [email protected] or whatever.
    This email ID box will appear on your BB too, once it is created.

3) Forward all incoming mails on your pop3 to this new email id by going to your pop3 a/c settings. This option will be buried somewhere deep inside, close to your vacation mails and all those options

This vodafone email ID also has the option of spoofing all sent emails to show as they are being sent from your pop3 email a/c.
    This helps you in getting your emails both on outlook and BB.

I have been doing this for the last 4 years and many with pop3 a/c follow the same.

Once you create your vodafone id, let me know and I will send you a screen shot of what settings I have done,so that the vodafone ID acts as an intermediate/ facilitator email id.

Hope this will relieve you from your woes.
    Last edited by ritesh; 06-22-11 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Screen shot attached.
    06-22-11 07:23 AM
    Please, can anyone out there help me!?

I have tried all of the above to no avail.

I bought a BB to receive work email so I didnt lose business but I can only set up my hotmail account, not my business email.

We currently receive our emails via Outlook Express which is forwarded on from the company where we bought our domain name. I have triple checked and we are definitely entering the correct email address and password, but we keep receiving error messages from Vodafone. I have a mobileemail.vodafone.net account and we can send messages to that address with no problems.

This is the error message we receive:

"Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up.

You submitted the following information:
    Account Type: POP3/IMAP
    Email Address: [email protected]
    User Name: [email protected]
    Password: ****** (For security the password is not displayed.)
    Mail Server: pop3.nice-fish.com (we have tried mail.btinternet.com too)"

I have contacted our domain company and vodafone. Both of whom have been next to useless and I'm close to losing the plot!

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Flashthedeveloper; 09-04-11 at 10:32 AM.
    09-04-11 10:27 AM
    A work around is a program called LogicMail; works pretty well for me.

LogicMail for BlackBerry

m
    09-04-11 02:29 PM
    Hi, I came across this thread whilst struggling with the same problem after this week receiving a Curve 9360 on a Virgin contract in the UK, and have resolved it for Flashthedeveloper & anyone who might still be having the same issue.

Virgin tech support advised that our server (uk2 dedicated) or whatever server your domain happens to be on with your hosting provider could be blocking the Blackberry Internet Service IP addresses as a security measure and could be the reason for the errors, as we knew all the email settings were correct and working on Outlook etc, plus gmail could connect and work on the phone.

We asked our hosting provider to check if any IPs were being blocked from Blackberry by the server firewall aswell as giving them the below Blackberry Knowledge Base link Virgin recommended to us... And there was an ip address from blackberry being blocked by our server. Once they allowed the ip address on the server the pop3 emails connected perfectly on just the email and password without even having to add the server or username details. All the best.

Blackberry Knowledgebase article: KB11036

KB11036-Firewall and connection requirements for the BlackBerry Internet Service
    01-27-12 07:02 AM
    Hi
    I've had the same problem. There is no "email setup" option, only "accounts", "add account". There is no menu option to select "other email". Are you talking about a Z10?
    03-11-13 08:47 PM
    @Andy 1961 - you have dug out a very ancient thread about a Bold 9780. Check the date of the posts. There was no Z10 at this time.

If you have a 9780 issue - post more details here. If it is Z10, then go find the Z10 forum for better answers.
    03-15-13 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD