Liveprofile claims it doesn't affect battery life this is definitely not true. A few days ago i installed this on my Bold 9650 two days in a row went to sleep with a full charge and woke with battery at 5%. So I got a brand new battery and ended up with the same result. As a test last night left it running till about 1:00am battery life was at 40%. So i went in and logged out by going into setting and reset all data which in turn logs you out. So now from 1:00am until 8:00am battery was still at 40%. I guess their claim is untrue anyone else experience this? By the way i tried both the current version .19 as well as the latest beta .22.
    06-10-11 01:19 PM
    hmn, i didnt download it yet, but i also read that some pple are experiencing battery life problems

but i rarely read stuff like that, it seems that most people dont have any problems with liveprofile+battery life
    06-10-11 01:25 PM
    It kills my blackberry and wifey's iphone.
    06-10-11 01:53 PM
    Ditto. I have even worse battery life than I usually have when I have liveprofile on my phone.
    06-10-11 11:39 PM
    I have had this installed on my EVO with no issues for months. I installed it on my wife's 9650 Bold and it destroys her battery. I know someone else who had it installed on their curve with similar issues. It seems to really kill BB battery life for some reason.
    06-11-11 03:21 PM
    Yup, same here... great app but kills the battery on my Torch.
    06-11-11 04:27 PM
    Installed it a few weeks ago on my 9650. It sucked the life out of my battery in short order. Had to get rid of the app. Oh well...
    06-11-11 11:15 PM
    hmn
    i actually wanted to dl this app, but seems like more and more people expierence battery life problems

i mean, i need a cross messenger for smartphones..

sure, i got

1) IM+ (lets me use skype / icq / msn / facebook chat / twitter etc)
    2) facebook, myspace, twitter etc
    3) BBM
    and all that stuff, but i really want another messenger, one only for phones (cross)
    BBM is really nice, but its only for BB's

i thought liveprofile or whatsapp might be the solution, maybe i should try them out
    does anyone know if whatsapp is always running in the background as well, just like liveprofile? or do you actually have to open it, or are you automatically connected all the time?
    and whats more popular at the moment, liveprofile or whatsapp? sure seems like way more people use lp

i wish BBM would be cross platform, wouldnt have to worry about my battery life then
    06-12-11 11:10 AM
    I'm resurrecting this thread to add my experience, which is that LiveProfile does indeed take a big bite out of battery life.

They claim in their FAQ that the app only uses the battery when actually in use. I have checked its CPU usage in Application Management and found that it actually uses several minutes of CPU time even on days when I don't use the app at all. I estimate that it has reduced my battery life by 30%, which is unacceptable.

It's too bad, because it's a nice app. It doesn't seem to have the same effect on my wife's iPhone or my son's Android.
    01-27-12 01:23 PM
    Exactly seijuro! Why can't bbm be cross platform? That would solve all the problems
    02-02-12 10:04 AM
    Exactly seijuro! Why can't bbm be cross platform? That would solve all the problems
    BBM is one of the remaining attractions of BlackBerry phones. RIM isn't about to throw that away by making it cross-platform.

I've been using Kik, which has a recent update and is very easy on the battery. It doesn't support pictures on the BB (RIM wants to keep BBM attractive) but for text messaging it works fine and is far gentler on the battery than LiveProfile.
    02-02-12 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD