06-10-11 11:08 AM
    Thank you! Entertainment for the weekend.
    06-10-11 11:40 AM
    d/l now will update and report
    06-10-11 11:54 AM
    06-10-11 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the upload.. downloading as fast as my internet connection goes
    06-10-11 12:12 PM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    06-10-11 12:41 PM
    any changelog?
    06-10-11 01:30 PM
    any changelog?
    We almost never see a changelog released. Most people have probably never seen one at all.
    For a leak you'll definitely not see one.

I've seen one 2-3 times. Once sent to me my Telus dealer rep for an 8530 update, and once or twice from a friend on here who happens to be tech support at one of the big US carriers.

If you know a carrier has officially released an OS, you can always try searching their corporate website for a press release section and see if it's there. (Very small chance!)
    2008jackson likes this.
    06-10-11 02:16 PM
    06-10-11 02:38 PM
    already downloaded it and booted it to my curve 3g , work wonders and it fixed my battery problem which is maybe caused by 6.0.0.488 . i don't find any major changes to the os , but im no pro . would love to hear the cons and pros from you guys. thnks guys for the leak
    06-10-11 04:05 PM
    niceeee
    06-10-11 05:39 PM
    already downloaded it and booted it to my curve 3g , work wonders and it fixed my battery problem which is maybe caused by 6.0.0.488 . i don't find any major changes to the os , but im no pro . would love to hear the cons and pros from you guys. thnks guys for the leak
    Where's the love for us 9330 peeps??????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 09:10 PM
    Just finished downloading after 3 failed attempts due to power outages in my area. I was pretty happy with the previous OS, but I like checking out the newest releases and beta's.

06-10-11 09:17 PM
    So far, no changes I see except that Six dot X icons won't work. Bummer.
    06-10-11 09:31 PM
    Dl'ed and anxious to install! .576 slowed my bootup to over 5 minutes so I downgraded, hopefully this leak addresses/fixed that for me anyway

06-11-11 09:31 AM
    mirror: Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
    Last edited by emrecanyrgc; 06-13-11 at 06:01 AM.
    06-13-11 05:57 AM
    scratch that. I wasnt paying close enough attention.

Apologies - and thanks for the link.
    Last edited by tryffan; 06-13-11 at 07:02 AM. Reason: correction.
    06-13-11 06:27 AM
    How is this verison?

Im using 6.0.0.448

Is the one im using the best one for battery and memory etc etc?
    06-14-11 04:22 PM
    As above - anybody still happy with this leak? I had a quick re-install of 526 last week during the Orange/BIS issues when I mistakenly thought my BB was acting up so I don't really fancy doing it again only to have to roll back soon after due to a few issues

An improved battery life would be my primary requirement...
    06-16-11 03:30 PM
    As above - anybody still happy with this leak? I had a quick re-install of 526 last week during the Orange/BIS issues when I mistakenly thought my BB was acting up so I don't really fancy doing it again only to have to roll back soon after due to a few issues

An improved battery life would be my primary requirement...
    Same here... Improved battery life would be my 1st... with .576 i'm getting about 1.5/2 days.. with other build (.448) i had up to 3 days O_O light/medium use.
    06-16-11 04:24 PM
    Is there any difference between the beta leaked and the official?
    06-30-11 08:19 AM
    Is there any difference between the beta leaked and the official?
    An official OS simply means that a carrier has approved it and a leaked OS is where it has not yet been approved by a carrier. A leaked OS, IMO, is virtually no different to an official one as they have both been made by RIM.
    If I'm not mistaken, a beta Os is one that is still in testing and has not been completed by RIM. Hope this helps

07-10-11 04:11 AM
    I just want to find something out. I updated to this latest version btw. I bought in south africa on vodacom. When I switch the phone on it shows the operator logo ect ect. Obviously in south africa its illegal for carriers to network lock phones so the phone work with all networks but it still shows that vodacom logo's and the default wallpaper is vodacom wallpaper. Is there any way to remove that or wil it always be there? I thought that updating would remove that but it didn't.

ohh and I bought the phone today too.

EDIT:

I'm comming from 6.0.0.448 and upgraded to this. It seems quite fast and decent. That said I have 1 problem. Seems when using the d pad it actually jumps down quite often. Quite annoying now not sure if its just me.
    Last edited by cavedog8; 07-10-11 at 01:58 PM.
    07-10-11 01:41 PM
    I'm comming from 6.0.0.448 and upgraded to this. It seems quite fast and decent. That said I have 1 problem. Seems when using the d pad it actually jumps down quite often. Quite annoying now not sure if its just me.
    I've noticed my trackpad acting wildly after updating to 600. It acts especially wild outside in the daylight. For example when i try to scroll down it always seems to want to go up on its own. Again this only seems to happen outside in daylight. Could just be a coincidence.
    07-11-11 08:17 PM
    I've noticed my trackpad acting wildly after updating to 600. It acts especially wild outside in the daylight. For example when i try to scroll down it always seems to want to go up on its own. Again this only seems to happen outside in daylight. Could just be a coincidence.

I got the same thing. Couldn't deal with it and went back to my fav-- 546

07-22-11 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD