Hello, sorry for my bad english. I love my playbook but...

like I say in another post I have this troublehttp://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=618592)

I have my Playbook and I get wifi and browse without issues when I tether with my iPhone 4, public and private hotspots, my router, etc

I have my Samsung Galaxy s2 and with the hotspot function I tether without issues netbooks, pcs, ipad, iphone, tablets with android. all these get wifi and browse perfect. But Playbook not

My playbook is connected to my wifi hotspot (Samsung Galaxy S2) with full bars, but I am not able to us any applications involving internet or browse at all. When I browse it says "Error: Couldn't reslove host name". When load a page freeze at 33%, get white and not more. After a minutes the error...

I try rename my SGS2 to short, long, alfanumeric, etc. with and without passwords, reset both devices, etc. always the same error. I try with other android phones (but froyos not gingerbread) and works perfect like hotspots for my playbook

not troubles Playbook and others devices
    not troubles SGS2 and others devices

It's specific incompatibility betwen sgs2 and playbook?

Please, what can I do?

Thanks to all

Alejandro
    06-10-11 10:25 AM
    Hi, I've got the same issue. I own a samsung galaxy s2 and it works perfectly on the hotspot wifi with any other device than my blackberry playbook. My playbook connect with every wifi network except with my samsung galaxy s2. So someone knows how to fix this problem , I would appreciate to read about it.

Thanks!
    08-22-11 01:17 PM
    Same problem here. Impossible to connect using Bluetooth or portable wifi hotspot. There is an incompatibility between the SG2 and PB bluetooth stacks. C'mon RIM! when / are you going update bluetooth to allow audio and better connectivity between other phone brands. I have no idea why the wifi hotspot fails on the PB, however this would not be my preferred method of tethering due to high power consumption. Pity RIM did not make the PB portable for those non blackberry handset owners who need data on the move!
    08-22-11 02:59 PM
    it works on my s2 the only way i think for you to try is start a portable hotspot but keep it secured
    08-22-11 09:10 PM
    The fact is, I did able to tether and also use SGS II as Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot to my PB weeks ago. But now I don't have it anymore so I can't proof it anymore.
    One thing I want to know, whether this happening to SGS II only?
    Or someone with another android smartphone can tether or act as Portable Hotspot for PB?
    Because I still have SGT 7" (which also run Gingerbread 2.3.3) and frequently use hotspot and tether features for my PB.
    I have yet to figure out the problems...
    08-22-11 09:28 PM
    it works on my s2 the only way i think for you to try is start a portable hotspot but keep it secured
    Hi Kuwari316
    Can you actually browse?, I can connect to the SG2 but the browser stops loading with a blank screen and eventually times out.
    08-23-11 03:02 AM
    The fact is, I did able to tether and also use SGS II as Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot to my PB weeks ago. But now I don't have it anymore so I can't proof it anymore.
    One thing I want to know, whether this happening to SGS II only?
    Or someone with another android smartphone can tether or act as Portable Hotspot for PB?
    Because I still have SGT 7" (which also run Gingerbread 2.3.3) and frequently use hotspot and tether features for my PB.
    I have yet to figure out the problems...
    You may have been able to use your SG2 before the latest PB update, but not since 1.0.7.2670.
    Also I am aware this issue is with other phones too. I can confirm however that bluetooth tethering works on the Nokia N8.
    08-23-11 03:09 AM
    I have this exact same problem - so infuriating. Bluetooth tethering worked between my old Nokia N95 Black but won't with my brand new Samsung Galaxy S2. It just says; "Not found" when it tries to connect to the phone even though they have both paired properly.
    Though looking at the details on the paired device on my Playbook is says; "No services available".. Wonder if that's the problem.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Having issues with the wifi hotspot facility not working either.. Grrr.
    08-24-11 10:23 AM
    Bluetooth tethering working with Nokia N8, C7, E7, E6, X7.
    Playbook doesn't support Ad-hoc wireless (so Joikuspot won't work). Phone isn't recognised in USB OTG mode (no drivers).

As for the SGS2 issue: definitely the weak Playbook BT stack is to blame but strange that it is only a problem with that particular handset. Not sure what the WiFi issue is.

Side note: Connected Playbook as a flash drive (USB OTG) to Nokia handset and it mounted the Windows CD with Windows drivers on it. I hope it can mount shared directories instead.
    08-24-11 10:39 AM
    any solution?
    09-03-11 12:26 PM

As for the SGS2 issue: definitely the weak Playbook BT stack is to blame but strange that it is only a problem with that particular handset. Not sure what the WiFi issue is.
    what does weak playbook BT stack mean?
    09-03-11 06:00 PM
    Hi Kuwari316
    Can you actually browse?, I can connect to the SG2 but the browser stops loading with a blank screen and eventually times out.
    You know what is funny, Whenm I actually wrote that post is that I made sure and checked that it was working and I had no problems with it at that time. It was slow loading but that isn't the fault of my galaxy s2 it's the fault of my bad 3g speeds at home
    09-04-11 07:34 AM
    I still can�t connect....
    10-02-11 11:55 AM
    Mobile hotspot works fine on mine, I haven't tried bluetooth tethering, maybe I will try that today just to see.
    10-02-11 01:44 PM
    Okay, mobile hotspot works great.

Bluetooth tethering does not work. The devices do the initial pairing, but will not connect with each other, period.

So the question is, what is the best way to run this up through the channels for a fix?
    10-02-11 02:16 PM
    still can�t tether...
    10-20-11 09:20 AM
    Was there ever a fix for this? I tried connecting pb to sgs2, via blutooth and it still didnt work. im on os 2.0.0.6149
    01-03-12 03:41 AM
    i have no issues connecting to the Internet with my Playbook using my SGS2 as a mobile hotspot. Works great.
    01-03-12 07:18 PM
    Was there ever a fix for this? I tried connecting pb to sgs2, via blutooth and it still didnt work. im on os 2.0.0.6149
    why bother? when I discovered the PB had issues bluetooth tethering to my android phone I simply continued using mobile hotspot. I only tried it out of curiosity and WiFi is faster than bluetooth anyway.
    01-03-12 07:28 PM
    My Samsung Infuse works fine with any of my laptop, Win7 Tablet and BB Playbook. I use the Mobile AP (WIFI Hot spot). The SGS2 is supposed to be a better phone than Infuse and is on newer software. This might be a carrier issue. I'm with AT&T.
    01-03-12 07:54 PM
    Just recently got my PB and like so many, it doesn't want to play, not at least when I try to use it with my Desire HD in portable wifi hotspot mode. Using WEP encryption, the two >say< they're connected and pages do start to load but the bar goes one third of the page across and that's where it stays. The page remains white until the error message appears. I'm so sick of it I'm going to invest in a wifi dongle instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 04:18 PM
    This is a solution for wifi tethering not working (connecting but no connectivity)
    I had the same problem when I was on gingerbread 2.3.3
    Luckily, I have found the solution. Update your Galaxy S II to the official KL1 (2.3.6) update or to a custom ROM (eg CM9 ICS)
    It works flawlessly for me. I even use kies air to send sms's and utilize my phones OTG capability. Feels like the perfect combination.
    01-08-12 10:59 AM
    I got my PB today and had to update firmware worth 350mb. I tried password protected hotspot I.e WPA2 PSK mode via my Galaxy Y and Playbook didn't connect. I made it open without any kind of password and alas it got connected and within 30 minutes my device was ready to use.
    01-08-12 11:54 AM
    Do you have Tethering plans? Because I think it is two different discussions for those with and without Tethering plans. I personally think that as long as you stay within your cap a Tethering plan shouldn't be required.
    01-08-12 11:59 AM
    i also have problems with wifi tether to the playbook. Bluetooth tether doesn,t work period. With wifi tether this is what i have observed

At home i can make a connection, the playbook shows i am connected to my Galaxy S2 (i use wpa2 security), but i cannot download a page, it starts to download but stalls and i get a white screen. i have tried this multiple times and i always get the same response - a white screen.

However, i can go to app world and download apps and updates! i updated my Tetris game with a 61mb download no problem, and downloaded a new app, the air browser.

So the connection works, there is something about the browser that is problematic between the Galaxy S2 and the playbook. i am not sure which is the problem.

The strange thing is that when i go to work, i can connect and use the browser... at least it worked the one time i tried it. This is very odd. Where i work i assume has more overlapping cell tower coverage and for some reason when it stalls another tower fills in? i will take it to work again to confirm.

Can those with issues confirm app world works ok?
    01-08-12 01:26 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD