Here it is folks, official Pricing on the BlackBerry Bold from Rogers. $399.99 on a 3 year contract. Ouch. And here I was still hoping it would come in at $299 like the 16 gig iPhone 3G. Silly me. Once a Roger Robber, Always a Robber

Wow... If AT&T has similar pricing then I will be Boldless for a while. I just moved and $400 isn't going to help any.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 08-16-08 at 09:22 AM.
    08-16-08 09:20 AM
    08-16-08 09:23 AM

Wow... If AT&T has similar pricing then I will be Boldless for a while. I just moved and $400 isn't going to help any.
    You shouldnt have brought that silly a** Iphone. LOL
    08-16-08 09:25 AM
    Hey guys I just came back from Best Buy here in Dartmouth Nova Scotia and they have a floor modle out with a price of $199 for a 3 year contract. No mention of price without contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 11:21 AM
    LOL....Funny but TRUE.

I must admit I'm a bit shocked at that price considering the iPhone price. Maybe AT&T will be more competitive. We can at least hope until we get something official.
    08-16-08 11:36 AM
    Hey guys I just came back from Best Buy here in Dartmouth Nova Scotia and they have a floor modle out with a price of $199 for a 3 year contract. No mention of price without contract

That makes more sense and keeps it competitive with the iPhone.
    08-16-08 11:37 AM
    Price or no price when is The Bold coming to America? That's all I want to know.

08-16-08 11:38 AM
    iPhones are kewl.
    08-16-08 11:52 AM
    Price or no price when is The Bold coming to America? That's all I want to know.

trust me once we have a date it will be on the front page. im predicting the pricing to be about $299 w/ 2yr contract from at&t.

I bet people an e-cookie thats what it will be. Now if I was only psychic with the release date as well. We're still waiting on phonegeek to give us the thumbs up or thumbs down as to the conclusion of last weekends field testing. Good news we may see the bold in a month. Bad news which is what we've been hearing October is a more likely target.
    08-16-08 11:56 AM
    iPhones are kewl.
    kewl but not practical... and ill take practicality anyday over looking just looking chic, i'll have my cake and eat it too (blackberry cake of course)
    08-16-08 11:58 AM
    The cake is a lie.
    08-16-08 01:13 PM
    The cake is a lie.
    I lol'd at this^

08-16-08 05:05 PM
    kewl but not practical... and ill take practicality anyday over looking just looking chic, i'll have my cake and eat it too (blackberry cake of course)
    Who needs practicality when you can have a really kewl phone? Not me. Yeah, I was kidding hence the misspelling of "cool." BB for me as well. Hopefully, the Bold pricing will keep up with the iPhone pricing. Otherwise, like Jay, I may wait a moment before I rush to buy it.
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 08-16-08 at 05:57 PM.
    08-16-08 05:54 PM
    The cake is a lie.
    LOL
    08-16-08 07:54 PM
    CB's,

In Malaysia, the Bold will make it's debut end of the month or so. Over here, no such thing as contract and you'll be able to get the device at lower price! You've just got to purchase it upfront!

The Carrier is MAXIS. It's listed @ MYR2xxx. If my prediction is correct, it'll cost around let's say, MYR2,499. That's USD757 or so. :O ditto!!!

Oh wel, just thought I'd share this with everyone, any price you get in US or Canada or rest of the world, is way much better than I'll ever get in Malaysia.

My current 8310 cost me USD550.

Cheers!
    08-16-08 11:07 PM

At these prices, it would be a definite deal killer for me.

Dennis
    08-17-08 12:37 AM
    Ouch....
    08-17-08 12:55 AM
    I'm gonna call $299 on a new 2 year contract for the AT&T price. Hopefully I'm right because I think they will be hard pressed to justify the Bold costing more than the iPhone.
    08-17-08 01:30 PM
    According to my friend at Futureshop [who has the Bold Dummy and all], the Bold Retails, based on the SKU Price in the system, as $649.99 without contract.

Thats for Rogers.
    08-17-08 05:12 PM
    According to my friend at Futureshop [who has the Bold Dummy and all], the Bold Retails, based on the SKU Price in the system, as $649.99 without contract.

Thats for Rogers.
    I'd rather spend that kind of money on a laptop or something better than a Bold!
    08-17-08 05:30 PM
    CB's,

In Malaysia, the Bold will make it's debut end of the month or so. Over here, no such thing as contract and you'll be able to get the device at lower price! You've just got to purchase it upfront!

The Carrier is MAXIS. It's listed @ MYR2xxx. If my prediction is correct, it'll cost around let's say, MYR2,499. That's USD757 or so. :O ditto!!!

Oh wel, just thought I'd share this with everyone, any price you get in US or Canada or rest of the world, is way much better than I'll ever get in Malaysia.

My current 8310 cost me USD550.

Cheers!
    Damn thats pretty pricey but if you think about it. A curve for 550 while curves here sell retail for 399. So thats 150$ difference, and applied to the bold that puts the price at 599. Which after doing the math still isnt that pleasant of a sight.
    08-17-08 06:08 PM
    My Pearl will be dead in a week (it's been dying for about a month now), so I'll need to get a new phone soon. My upgrade isn't until next June, so I think I'll go with a Curve from AT&T, and then if I still want a Bold, I'll get one on my upgrade next summer. I can't afford to pay any more than $400 non-contract, and I highly doubt it'll be that cheap.
    08-17-08 10:49 PM
    $299 would have been a fair market price. 8800/8820 at 350 is a jip and should be pulled off the market (unless they are solely aiming at non-camera market with this).
    08-18-08 07:54 PM
    So, I hope the Bold comes in at $199. That would make a lot more sense businesswise for RIM.
    08-18-08 08:04 PM
    No kidding. It didn't have to go beyond the fact that my thumb on their precious touch screen keyboard covers nearly 6 entire letters. I'm sorry, but no software in the world can accurately figure out which frickin' "button" I meant to press in that type of situation. The fact that the geniuses at apple didn't allow you to turn the device sideways and use the keyboard that way (thereby doubling the size of the keyboard and making it more accurate) is the most obvious abuse of "upgrade pathing" that I've ever seen. How does the saying go? "Screw me once, shame on you... Screw me twice, shame on me".

I donno, maybe I'm cynical.
    08-18-08 08:17 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD