Is the speculation that this device will release with (or very soon after) the Bold 99XX (even though it wasnt announced at BBWorld, RIM doesn't have to announce every phone they release and we've seen quite a bit of this phone in the wild...). Plus, on the CDMA roadmap weren't the Monaco and the bold touch slated to be released at the same time (in the same quarter)?

OR, do we truly have no idea when or if this device will be released...?
    06-09-11 06:06 PM
    The latter holds more weight than the former of your questions. There's nothing definitive except rumors suggesting the Monaco (Torch apparently) will release shortly after the Bold.

But, if recent rumors/reports are true then neither phone has even entered mass production. So there's absolutely no way of telling right now.
    06-09-11 06:23 PM
    A CrackBerry poster said a few days ago that he was visiting a VZ store and the rep had the Monaco on the counter and quickly put it in his pocket saying it was a BB prototype.

So my question was (no one replied)if this was indeed a Monaco and was still in the hands of a VZ rep to test did this mean we're closer to having it released or it still several months away.

Any of you guys care to guess based on this?

TIA
    06-09-11 07:48 PM
    ^i hope it means we are closer to a release.
    But, I'm still a bit hesitant because the Monaco has been out there in the wild with verizon branding for months! (remember the old video from when the device didn't have the physical buttons yet and was being shown off with the VZW logo...)
    06-09-11 09:11 PM
    This device was in the hands of verizon testers back in April. There's a thread on here somewhere entitled "blackmanx tweets" where a poster named Blackmanx was testing the Monaco for VZW and he was giving his opinion on it. Who knows when it wil release. They may have changed the buttons, had production issues, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 06:23 AM
    Buttons or no buttons I'm ready to see this sucker.
    Hope it's soon.
    Good Luck
    06-10-11 09:07 PM
    I can see this device being very popular amoung new blackberry users coming from iOS or Android.
    06-10-11 10:58 PM
    CrackBerry Blog (today) says it'll be at Sprint 8/21/11 without the buttons.

Check out the blog.
    Good Luck
    06-11-11 08:06 PM
    I saw that too. Hope it's out for verizon sooner!!
    06-11-11 08:39 PM
    I saw that too. Hope it's out for verizon sooner!!
    I'm ready.
    Good Luck
    06-11-11 08:52 PM
    That date is a Sunday though? Do they release phones on Sundays?
    06-12-11 09:52 AM
    That date is a Sunday though? Do they release phones on Sundays?
    As a general rule Sprint always releases their new phones on a Sunday. It's the exception when they don't release on a Sunday.
    06-12-11 12:23 PM
    CrackBerry Blog (today) says it'll be at Sprint 8/21/11 without the buttons.

Check out the blog.
    Good Luck
    Pretty sure this was related to the Torch2 and NOT this monaco/monza which is most simliar to the Storm.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any talk about when the "storm3" will be released. Though it better be soon....
    06-13-11 10:33 AM
    Pretty sure this was related to the Torch2 and NOT this monaco/monza which is most simliar to the Storm.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any talk about when the "storm3" will be released. Though it better be soon....
    No not the Torch 2. The Monaco/Monza is releasing as part of the Torch series. IE. A keyboardless Torch. Its hard, but RIM wants you to forget about the name BB Touch or Storm.
    06-13-11 11:06 AM
    I heard that Harold Camping guaranteed the release date was May 21st.
    06-13-11 12:40 PM
    I can see this device being very popular amoung new blackberry users coming from iOS or Android.
    Unfortunately, I don't think phone will convert many to blackberry. While its specs are somewhat competitive, this is really a stop gap device. It will help stop RIM from bleeding customers who want ios and android devices. However, given how far ahead the iphone with its apps and android with its dual core processors are right now I doubt many will leave those platforms for the Monaco/Monza. On the other hand, I can see a lot of old Storm users picking it up so they can stay on a BlackBerry and some long time curve users who will buy it instead of going to an android slab device or an iphone. The ONX version of this phone due out sometime in 2012 will be the phone that attempts to lure users on other platforms to BlackBerry (or back to BlackBerry if they left). That device should have the horsepower and the software (QNX, like on the playbook) to compete. One can only hope that RIM hasn't fallen too far behind by then.
    06-13-11 01:17 PM
    come on... release the beast and we QA it for you
    so itching to jump ship
    06-14-11 12:19 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't think phone will convert many to blackberry. While its specs are somewhat competitive, this is really a stop gap device. It will help stop RIM from bleeding customers who want ios and android devices. However, given how far ahead the iphone with its apps and android with its dual core processors are right now I doubt many will leave those platforms for the Monaco/Monza. On the other hand, I can see a lot of old Storm users picking it up so they can stay on a BlackBerry and some long time curve users who will buy it instead of going to an android slab device or an iphone. The ONX version of this phone due out sometime in 2012 will be the phone that attempts to lure users on other platforms to BlackBerry (or back to BlackBerry if they left). That device should have the horsepower and the software (QNX, like on the playbook) to compete. One can only hope that RIM hasn't fallen too far behind by then.
    I imagine this phone has the ability to bring back a few former BB users that left for Android/iPhone's. The Storm series did leave quite a few bitter and there hasn't really been a comparable device since the Storm 2. They have all been stuck with OS5, which IS laggy and... bad (by todays standards). So this new device is a huge leap for them (us?). OS7 looks very efficient, GPU accelerated UI, some new features. The phone itself is a huge leap from the Storm 2. I think this phone will do well. OS7 just doesnt need a dual core like Android OS does, which can still get laggy with all that power (HOW?). Apps are still the only major thing BBOS is lacking. Short of maybe a front facing camera, this phone is pretty much on par with features of other platforms.

I think it may grab some of those who left back and keep quite a few users here, but it wont be anything like an iPhone level. A solid device for RIM though. The Torch will do well. The 9900 series will probably be RIM's strongest device this year. I couldn't really guess if the new Curve's will do well or not, but I'd assume the full touch Curve will be a great budget device.
    06-14-11 12:38 PM
    It will do excellent among the BES crowd. But given its competition, to spend $200+ for the device plus $60-100 per month for service, I think it will have a hard time competing against all the new dual core Android devices, and I-phone 4/5. Because of delays in implementing other OSes on our exchange server, my firm is not switching oer this summer.So I am going to get this puppy.
    06-14-11 01:47 PM
    Having been a really happy (or lucky) Storm1 and 2 owner- I have no qualms about it being branded with a Storm name- but whatever............I just want a new phone and this one is it!!!!!!!
    06-14-11 02:23 PM
    I really don't need to learn a whole new platform. I REALLY don't need to teach my wife a whole new platform. An updated Storm by any name is fine with me thank you very much.
    06-14-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD