Not sure if this has been posted before me, but I got an email today thanking me for participating in the Verizon PlayBook Without Limits program. It listed all of my feedback both positive and negative that I put on the beta website.

At the bottom, it said in regards to me stating that it needed native email that the functionality would be included in an update scheduled for July. Nothing more specific but I thought I'd pass it on.

Hopefully only a month or so to go!
    06-09-11 06:06 PM
    my source says before July... but native bbm is doubtful. just sayin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 123berryaddicted; 06-09-11 at 06:15 PM.
    06-09-11 06:13 PM
    Im thinking July is when Verizon will carry it
    06-09-11 06:22 PM
    I am hearing the same thing from my sources, no native bbm. That will be a part of 3g/4g versions. No confirmations on native email but i am hearing last week of June.
    06-09-11 06:31 PM
    My source said next year.

06-09-11 06:33 PM
    Why would they exclude BBM on the Wifi version? If someone doesn't want it they just don't need to set it up. Doesn't really make sense to me. I think a lot of us would be extremely upset if this model didn't get native BBM

06-09-11 06:34 PM
    three weeks from now the night of 27th I could see that
    06-09-11 06:35 PM
    I still don't understand why anyone would need native bbm. That's what the bridge app is for.
    omgitsalive likes this.
    06-09-11 06:38 PM
    My birthday is not till Fall but when I blow out the candles, I will make a wish!
    06-09-11 06:51 PM
    I still don't understand why anyone would need native bbm. That's what the bridge app is for.
    For people that want to use BBM groups or bbm chat without requiring the bridge or owning a BB phone.
    06-09-11 06:53 PM
    Bridge is nice for now, but I dont want to depend on it for BBM. Obviously a lot of people want it, why even make it an issue. Just give it and give us the choice.
    06-09-11 07:08 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted before me, but I got an email today thanking me for participating in the Verizon PlayBook Without Limits program. It listed all of my feedback both positive and negative that I put on the beta website.

At the bottom, it said in regards to me stating that it needed native email that the functionality would be included in an update scheduled for July. Nothing more specific but I thought I'd pass it on.

Hopefully only a month or so to go!
    Got the same email with the same comment about native email in July. The way I read it is that's when it will be available.

Here is the quote:

The Power Button has already been improved for future shipments. And, we will have a native mail/calendar and contact client launch in July 2011, this announcement was made at BlackBerry World� in early May. We are also happy to communicate that we have many business features planned for launch in late 2011.
    06-09-11 07:26 PM
    i love how since the Playbook came out, almost everyone on CB now has a "source" in RIM

on another note, i'm source-less, but i look forward to the update that brings native email client on my PlayBook!
    06-09-11 07:37 PM
    i just hope it allows the sending of files and such and there isnt a ridiculously small file size limit. as it is when itried to send a file from gmail never got the option. plus a better fioe structure for saving files received would be nice.
    06-09-11 07:45 PM
    My local Verizon asked me to come demo the unit for their staff so they have an idea of how it works with their phones and to actually see one in action before they sell it. They were quit amazed over the bridge functions and power, but even they saw a lack of critical apps as a flaw.

Native email and printing would make this thing pretty much untouchable. Reliable printing I should add...

Personally I would like to see usb attachments like usb/ethernet adapter and serial adapter support for network diagnostics. Maybe an adapter to allow us to use these with our tuners and race cars. That would be reeeeeeally nice.
    Last edited by whackamac; 06-09-11 at 08:19 PM.
    06-09-11 08:15 PM
    Please, please print! I could mothball my laptop already if I could print from here.
    06-09-11 11:59 PM
    Please, please print! I could mothball my laptop already if I could print from here.
    no doubt. I'm with ya on that. One thing i do have confidence in is that rim will eventually get all the features we are requesting... just look at the blackberry... has tones and tones of features that iOS is only adding now.... problem is.... always takes them so long.
    06-10-11 12:12 AM
    agree although it would be good I guess for the ones that don't have a bb phone.
    06-10-11 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD