Another post about this below, but didn't have a credible source. Here is an article from a credible source that references the delays RIM is experiencing . Not good.

StreetInsider.com - Analyst Comments

Doesn't state a specific launch date (I would doubt anything that does at this point), but Citi's predictions indicate after August/September launch.
    Last edited by grujaz10; 06-09-11 at 03:39 PM.
    06-09-11 03:31 PM
    Nothing anyone says is official unless it comes from RIM directly...anything else is just heresay and rumor, no matter how many "inside sources" they claim to have spoken to. Not saying these rumors are wrong, just saying they are NOT verified by any means. RIM official press release on May 02, 2011 says "Expected for all carriers worldwide beginning this Summer". So we will hear directly from RIM or carriers soon about pending release dates "Beginning This Summer"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 03:57 PM
    Why this news source better than any other?
    06-09-11 04:16 PM
    from everything... sounds like us will get it in sept, and uk very soon.

But it's annoying me now that people keep saying delayed! It's not delayed! Rim have only said summer. Not an exact date. So it's right on track.. even of it's just on the edge. There has not been a release date announced ANYWHERE! So how can it be delayed??
    06-09-11 04:33 PM
    People made up in their minds that the release date was going to be early june, based on nothing...
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-09-11 04:41 PM
    People made up in their minds that the release date was going to be early june, based on nothing...
    yeah, exactly... on forums people have made up their own rough date, and now we are having a few threads the last few days saying they they are annoyed with rim for delaying and being so slow... c'mon... summer has only just started...
    06-09-11 04:45 PM
    This is what happened with the 9700 release. People (including me) grabbed any bit of information, however dubious, and when their predicted dates did not materialise, we became enraged.
    I've learned to listen to a handful of reliable sources.
    None of them include blogs or news stories citing "anonymous sources."

Summer runs June to September. It will be delayed if it's not released on Sep 23.

Not that anyone will listen.

sleepngbear and big_time2 like this.
    06-09-11 05:01 PM
    Also you guys have to remember that analysts have a job to do, and that is to either talk up or down any particular share in an effort to manipulate the market in order to buy or sell at a target price..

Surprisingly the share had a bit of a bounce back so a few more negatives have come out from analysts who are trying to drive the price down.

To add to this that scurrilous site BG* ran another post today in an effort to discredit Rim and their management

06-09-11 05:08 PM
    I firmly believe that the 9900 is in mass production already

06-09-11 05:30 PM
    This is what happened with the 9700 release. People (including me) grabbed any bit of information, however dubious, and when their predicted dates did not materialise, we became enraged.
    I've learned to listen to a handful of reliable sources.
    None of them include blogs or news stories citing "anonymous sources."

Summer runs June to September. It will be delayed if it's not released on Sep 23.

Not that anyone will listen.

If you go to RIM.com and scan thru their press releases for the Bold 9700 it starts Oct 21, 2009 saying "Bold 9700 avaiable worldwide beginning November" North America got the Bold 9700 Nov 02, 2009 and if you follow the press releases, it shows Japan getting it July 20, 2010. So if BGR ran this story they'd have said "Bold 9700 delayed globally until July 2010". IMO the Bold 9900/9930 will be relased in North America by mid July, and possibly earlier in the UK, and maybe later in other countries, hence the "Globally" in September.

06-09-11 07:10 PM
    Well playbook was suppose to be first quarter of 2011..came out 3 weeks after..so since summer ends sept 21...let's say mid october

06-09-11 07:13 PM
    Well playbook was suppose to be first quarter of 2011..came out 3 weeks after..so since summer ends sept 21...let's say mid october

I hope you're right. That's not that big of a delay
    06-09-11 07:22 PM
    Oy! This is getting tiresome, and repeated model after model. I like many of you have been waiting years for this fabled device. Whether it's July, or November at this point is hard for me to get worked up about. I'll believe it when either:

A. RIM states a definitive date, or....

B. I'm in a carrier store, and have it in my hands.

Anything else reminds me of an old saying. Wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills up first.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-09-11 08:04 PM
    I really don't think it's delayed until September, I would bet later July/early August at the latest. I just went to read this article at the NY Times and saw a google ad for the BB 9330. Why would RIM put an ad buy in for something that won't be out for 3 more months? I know for a fact hardware is now final, unless software issues have come up (and it didn't look like it at BB World months ago) this thing is in production now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/te...tapp.html?_r=1

Here's the ad I saw:
    Ads by Google what's this?
    BlackBerry� Bold™ 9930
    Get more of the speed, style and
    performance you love. Learn more.
    BlackBerry.com
    06-09-11 09:02 PM
    Why would RIM put an ad buy in for something that won't be out for 3 more months? I know for a fact hardware is now final
    Who knows, but from everything i have heard and seen its pointing to a September release. We know hardware is final, but something may be preventing the release. So my guess if its delayed it is because of the software.
    06-09-11 09:41 PM
    from everything... sounds like us will get it in sept, and uk very soon.

But it's annoying me now that people keep saying delayed! It's not delayed! Rim have only said summer. Not an exact date. So it's right on track.. even of it's just on the edge. There has not been a release date announced ANYWHERE! So how can it be delayed??
    If you're planning on releasing a phone in September, you don't put "coming soon" on your website in May, which is what RIM did after it announced the 9900.
    06-10-11 12:04 AM
    If you're planning on releasing a phone in September, you don't put "coming soon" on your website in May, which is what RIM did after it announced the 9900.
    Sorry but I do NOT agree!

There are people who after hearing about the 9900 will PATIENTLY wait for the device to be delivered. I think it is good marketing and so must RIM.

Your just miffed!
    06-10-11 05:12 AM
    Yeah, I would Love to see this phone released NOW, but on the other hand I rather see it delayed than RIM release something not ready due to software bugs, etc.
    06-10-11 06:03 AM
    Yup, voice of reason! Let them test...it'll be out soon enough.

06-10-11 06:16 AM
    So that people "patiently wait??" Plenty of people in business have moved to Android or iPhone, they've decided there are bigger and better things for themselves.

RIM seems desperate in displaying a message like that so soon. Just a rant.

06-10-11 01:28 PM
    So that people "patiently wait??" Plenty of people in business have moved to Android or iPhone, they've decided there are bigger and better things for themselves.

RIM seems desperate in displaying a message like that so soon. Just a rant.

Or, they put that because they're ready to sell it - if it's in the carriers' hands for testing, RIM can't officially announce it's ready for sale. They could, but then you'd be paying full price for a device that may or may not work on your network of choice.

Some of us have been waiting 3 years for this device. A few more months is not going to be a problem.

06-10-11 05:59 PM
    Listen up, my mom talked to a rogers dude (s) up here in canada and they said its due from now till august lol i had to put caplock on it soo you can see it
    06-10-11 06:31 PM
    One of our local verizon sales person were sent to some type of meeting where they were introduced to the playbook and the BT. This person for 2 years have been trying to get me to convert to android. All they said today to me was the new BT was actually a very nice device. Perfect size very snappy and a respectable browser. They said it would compete very well with android and iphone. They were not giving a certain date but said they hinted mid to end of July was a goal. So for what that is worth !
    06-10-11 07:29 PM
    One of our local verizon sales person were sent to some type of meeting where they were introduced to the playbook and the BT. This person for 2 years have been trying to get me to convert to android. All they said today to me was the new BT was actually a very nice device. Perfect size very snappy and a respectable browser. They said it would compete very well with android and iphone. They were not giving a certain date but said they hinted mid to end of July was a goal. So for what that is worth !
    I was told about mif-July by a Sprint call center CSR also over a week ago. He seemed very knowledgeble about Sprint getting it and possible release date.

06-10-11 07:47 PM
    ^^^I hope so! My bold is holding me over just fine but would be lying if I wouldn't be happy to see it released tomorrow!
    06-10-11 07:52 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD