I contacted our corp. office yesterday to inquire about upgrading my company phone line from my Blackberry Torch to the iPhone4. They would not let me do it. They said Blackberry only even though the line is eligible for the upgrade.

I don't think I really want to carry around 2 phones all day and when I am traveling for work. And work pays for my current phone line so why incure a $100 plus bill just to carry another phone. I think my best option would be to go with the iPad that I can use at home and when traveling.

Do those of you that carry a BB and an iPhone get tired of dragging them both around? Does anyone else carry the Blackberry and an iPad?
    06-09-11 02:54 PM
    I carry around a laptop, iPad and a blackberry. With the iPad I don't need to use the laptop as often. But I use the iPad as a glorified web browser.
    06-09-11 03:49 PM
    Thats too bad i7 the iPad can do so much more when setup correctly in an enterprise.
    And DJ it's too bad your company is short sighted and not letting you get an iPhone.
    06-09-11 04:02 PM
    At this point my s2 serves my purposes. Associates have iPads with active sync, but so far I have not yet decided that I want the iPad to be locked down as an enterprise device.
    06-09-11 04:06 PM
    I would say leave the iphone alone strictly because of the extra monthly bill you'd have to pay. Having an iPad is a good complement to your smartphone but it does suck that you cannot have the 1 device that would probably consolidate all of that for you. Would you're company still pay for the line if you bought the iPhone outright yourself? Or they are only paying if a blackberry in on the line? Just wondering because you said they wouldn't let you use an upgrade.
    06-09-11 04:19 PM
    *Scorpiodsu* I agree, I am on unlimted Data and voice through my company so I does not make sense to pick up the extra expense. I guess I could pay full price for an iPhone and see if they would let me use that instead. Looking at the iPad for home and work travel I am thinking that is the way to go.
    06-09-11 05:04 PM
    At this point my s2 serves my purposes. Associates have iPads with active sync, but so far I have not yet decided that I want the iPad to be locked down as an enterprise device.
    My iPad is not locked down we use the citrix receiver and I have full access to all my apps
    06-09-11 05:43 PM
    My iPad is not locked down we use the citrix receiver and I have full access to all my apps
    I didn't mean locked down in that sense. I meant there are certain restrictions and monitoring. There is a lot to like about the iPad 2 as long as you stop expecting it runs like windows.

Old habits die hard.
    06-09-11 09:31 PM
    I agree but it beats lugging around a laptop.
    06-10-11 06:57 AM
    I no longer use a laptop at all. The iPad is, for most of what I do, a good enough replacement. Sure, every once in a while I run into something that requires that I borrow a laptop for a few minutes, but that is rare.

While I feel good recommending an iPad to you I would not recommend buying an iPhone if it is meant to complement your BlackBerry and not replace it.
    06-11-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD