I had a Storm 1 with a hotmail address and received instantaneous emails.
    Problems with Bold 9780 OS6 and hotmail emails:

When I power off the device (at night to charge) and power on in the morning, it is always unpredictable with hotmail...sometimes messages will arrive on Bold within 20 minutes, sometimes several hours!!!

It's almost like the Bold 9780 forgets how to receive emails after a shut-down period??? My other emails will sometimes be delayed 5 to 15 minutes, but it's always a crap shoot with hotmail.

I'm not use to this issue, as I always had quick delivery on my "old" Storm Gen1.

I have read a number of forums regarding issues with hotmail, but it's not hotmail, it's hotmail and maybe OS6!!!

I have done all the suggestions like: resend service books, batter pull, etc...but these should be one-time solutions, not daily solutions.

Thanks
    06-09-11 09:44 AM
    Did you try removing the account from BIS and adding again?
    06-09-11 10:42 AM
    Yes, I have added and removed from BIS a number of times over the last week, including twice today, since I have sent myself about 10 test messages to my hotmail account, received 2 of 10, 2 from the middle of my testing cycle??? Therefore, a few emails never arrived, a couple did arrive, and I'm still waiting for a few more...all over the last 6 hours. I have been sending test emails every hour or half-hour...all of my work, BB, Gmail email accounts are receiving properly...but not hotmail.

Yesterday mail reception worked fine albeit slow delivery, since last nights power-off and re-start this morning, I have had little or no hotmail service???

The hotmail delivery itself is fine as I watch the emails deliver instantly to my Live Messenger Hotmail Inbox onthe PC.
    06-09-11 12:32 PM
    This may be due to the BIS upgrades.
    How long has this issue been going on for you?
    06-09-11 03:49 PM
    i've the same issue, i'm from spain, 9780 and vodafone...
    06-10-11 09:26 AM
    One thing I notice about Hotmail is that the email delivery will be delayed if you have your Windows Live Messenger status on "Available". Once I set the status to "Away", all emails are delivered almost instantly. Hope this will help.
    06-10-11 01:22 PM
    One thing I notice about Hotmail is that the email delivery will be delayed if you have your Windows Live Messenger status on "Available". Once I set the status to "Away", all emails are delivered almost instantly. Hope this will help.
    Your absolutely correct...this has been the issue!!!

If you are signed in to Windows Live Messenger on your PC (with Available status), you will receive new hotmail messages to your PC, but not your BB. I found by simply signing out, I would again receive my hotmails to my BB almost instantly.

I tried everything but the obvious!!!

Problem solved, but good to know for all PC users.
    06-13-11 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD