The PB is available for Pre-order in India today, and RIM is giving a free HDMI cable and leather case in India.
    I feel a little shafted for getting mine from US now.
    06-09-11 05:30 AM
    The PB is available for Pre-order in India today, and RIM is giving a free HDMI cable and leather case in India.
    Didn't Gandhi preach patience. You seem not to have learned from your own countryman. Maybe you can atone for your transgression by cleaning up your streets and installing public toilets. Karma is a *itch.
    06-09-11 05:47 AM
    Hopefully angry at yourself and not RIM.
    06-09-11 05:57 AM
    Indian people have to work 3 times harder for less than a third of what Americans make, it is nice rim is rolling out the product with perks. If you are from India an you bought the playbook from the US on launch day, then you got more money than the average Indian and you were able to be the first one in your neighborhood to have a playbook.

I bought my playbook on launch from Canada and had to pay the extra 10,000 yen in tax that I never got back. And my mother exchanged the yen I sent her at the local money changer for some crappy rate. All in all I paid an extra $200.00 after all was said and done. I bought the 64GB and leather sleeve and high speed charging doc, but I got exactly what I wanted when I needed it.

Gandhi would have rocked the playbook.
    06-09-11 06:53 AM
    I think that's smart of RIM to do. Throw in some extras but don't drop the price (I assume it's an equivalent price) to enhance the launch. I think you would have been angrier if they dropped the price.
    06-09-11 07:00 AM
    Indian people have to work 3 times harder for less than a third of what Americans make, it is nice rim is rolling out the product with perks. If you are from India an you bought the playbook from the US on launch day, then you got more money than the average Indian and you were able to be the first one in your neighborhood to have a playbook.

I bought my playbook on launch from Canada and had to pay the extra 10,000 yen in tax that I never got back. And my mother exchanged the yen I sent her at the local money changer for some crappy rate. All in all I paid an extra $200.00 after all was said and done. I bought the 64GB and leather sleeve and high speed charging doc, but I got exactly what I wanted when I needed it.

Gandhi would have rocked the playbook.
    Where did you get that figure? With due repsects to your Japanese sensibilities, Americans don't get free money. They work hard for their money as well.
    Indians might get paid a third of the Americans but then our expenses in India are a tenth of the Americans. Our medical insurance is less than one tenth of what the Americans pay. Auto insurance in India is not even an issue. Our higher education is practically free. That includes the Indian Institute of Technologies which counts amongst the top engineering schools in the world.
    Do you know how much the Americans have to pay for their College Education?
    Just comparing income is not enough you also have to compare expenses to figure out how much disposable money a person will have.
    Also India is getting very rich. Sure only 25% of Indians will fall in that category, but 25% of India equals 250 million people. Imagine the purchasing power.
    And finally Gandhi was an ****ole. That's the majority opinion in India today.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 06-09-11 at 12:20 PM.
    rlarsen462 and scorpiodsu like this.
    06-09-11 12:17 PM
    all your country needs to do is threaten to disconnect the BB service and then you can ask for whatever you want, like India did
    06-09-11 02:40 PM
    Where did you get that figure? With due repsects to your Japanese sensibilities, Americans don't get free money. They work hard for their money as well.
    Indians might get paid a third of the Americans but then our expenses in India are a tenth of the Americans. Our medical insurance is less than one tenth of what the Americans pay. Auto insurance in India is not even an issue. Our higher education is practically free. That includes the Indian Institute of Technologies which counts amongst the top engineering schools in the world.
    Do you know how much the Americans have to pay for their College Education?
    Just comparing income is not enough you also have to compare expenses to figure out how much disposable money a person will have.
    Also India is getting very rich. Sure only 25% of Indians will fall in that category, but 25% of India equals 250 million people. Imagine the purchasing power.
    And finally Gandhi was an ****ole. That's the majority opinion in India today.
    Exactly. That person made the dumbest comment of the day. Our country has worked out to build the infrastructure we have and get to the standard of living we have now. If you want to blame anyone for India's low wages and high work hours, then blame India. A country is responsible for their own living standards.

On a site note: This is a reason why RIM continues growth is other parts of the world.... offering their products and cheaper prices with incentives.
    06-09-11 02:46 PM
    I don't have hard feelings about RIM.
    I purchased the cable, of the length I needed, for $8.99 postpaid (newegg.com).
    There are country cultural differences which require makers to include accessories, or not.
    06-09-11 02:49 PM
    Well if anyone is getting shafted as you put it it is the americans, they missing out on a cable and case, just like you because you couldn't wait.
    So I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for you.
    NOFI: On an other note, India now days has lots of rich people, but they treat the common like crap, should complain to your government to distribute the wealth better instead of complaining here about some cheap things you missing out.
    06-09-11 03:01 PM
    Let's look at it from another angle.

All of us north americans are getting shafted because RIM is giving customers in India a free leather case and cable.

On second thought, is it RIM giving the extras or third party company taking the preorder giving the extras?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 03:18 PM
    My GOD, some people will complaing about EVERYTHING!!!
    Vidge likes this.
    06-09-11 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD