I was just wondering if you could install a hybrid OS over another hybrid OS, or if you'd have to go back to the base OS. I'm currently running Irtehun's Blazin' Torch v0.02+ and I want to upgrade to v0.03+. They both have the same base OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 07:30 PM
    I was just wondering if you could install a hybrid OS over another hybrid OS, or if you'd have to go back to the base OS. I'm currently running Irtehun's Blazin' Torch v0.02+ and I want to upgrade to v0.03+. They both have the same base OS.

You should reinstall the base. the mix from files can differ in the hybrid to hybrid and you don't want any conflicts.
    06-08-11 07:36 PM
    When I install a base OS for the first time to a computer, I copy the whole OS folder and paste it someplace else. That way when I want to install a different hybrid, or just the base OS, I can delete the folder with the hybrid OS and replace it with the one I copied before.

This just makes the process a little quicker if you mess with the OS often. As was said above though, you'll want to uninstall the hybrid OS first, install the base again, then run the hybrid installer. You might not have any issues at all, but you very well could brick the phone and make it more work than just re-installing a fresh base.
    06-08-11 07:48 PM
    Thanks for the insight!

06-08-11 07:59 PM
    Another question, would I downgrade to the base OS the same way as upgrading my OS?

06-08-11 08:06 PM
    Another question, would I downgrade to the base OS the same way as upgrading my OS?

For the most part, Yes, you might need to wipe the phone first though. Also, be sure when you run AppLoader check the box for older versions if it doesn't recognize the lower number OS (this wouldn't be needed if you wipe first).
    06-08-11 08:11 PM
    For the most part, Yes, you might need to wipe the phone first though. Also, be sure when you run AppLoader check the box for older versions if it doesn't recognize the lower number OS (this wouldn't be needed if you wipe first).
    So I should just do a security wipe?

06-08-11 08:15 PM

No, that just wipes your data, not the OS. You need to use a program like BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK), Jl Cmder, or BlackBerry Master Control Program (BCMP). It will wipe it to a white screen with a 507 error. I like BBSAK, but the others work.

You probably won't need to do this though. If AppLoader will recognize the OS then all is well.
    06-08-11 08:50 PM

In an ideal situation, you should, I always do if I were to install new things on my device. But it is not necessary.
    06-08-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD