Alright, i'll be the first one. I'm ready for another update. Yes, this one was a good one that laid some groundwork but i'm ready for a significant upgrade soon. I thought they would release one along with the language packs that would coincide with the global launch. The language packs came with this update and now it's anyone's guess when the next update is.
    06-08-11 11:52 AM
    maybe around the UK launch, or around canada day.
    06-08-11 11:53 AM
    What's funny is, I was going to make a thread like this as a joke (really, the day after?) but I didn't feel like getting my sunshine-less areas reamed.
    06-08-11 11:57 AM
    Ya, I figured i would get reamed fo this, but I'm getting restless waiting for some apps for this thing. Sometimes I wish they just released it when it was ready.

Still waiting for Citrix and getting sick of the "it's coming" statement. I need dates...
    06-08-11 12:03 PM
    No one can give you dates at the moment, so suck it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 12:05 PM
    Nah, I'd rather have it half-baked and NOW than finished and "sometime this summer", whatever the f***nuts that means. I wish there were more apps and functionality too, but that doesn't stop me from taking it everywhere I go and using it constantly.
    06-08-11 12:10 PM
    I just spoke to a rep on the phone, and they assured me an update was coming tomorrow!!zOMG!!
    06-08-11 12:12 PM
    Oh yeah, well my inside guy at RIM told me it was coming the day AFTER tomorrow!! Everyone get your hopes up, cuz this is a SERIOUS rumor!!
    06-08-11 12:20 PM
    No one can give you dates at the moment, so suck it up.

I think the OP was kind of looking for some missing features that would have to be introduced with some pending launch. Like we all knew we'd get a new update with languages atleast.

I guess, next we should be getting some things that were guaranteed within 60 days? I dont think we have solid 3G/4G Playbook dates, so we cant really guess when the native PIM/email Apps will be here yet.
    06-08-11 12:23 PM
    ya, the CEO guy did say native email within 60 days. 60 days is june 19th.
    06-08-11 12:25 PM
    The next update is going to include all the iOS and Android apps plus an app that asks you how many squares of charmin you want to use to wipe...

And yet for some that still won't be enough....

PG
    06-08-11 12:32 PM
    Actually, if you want to be exact then 60 days is June 18th, which also happens to be my birthday so...

On the other hand, RIM stated that we would see updates AS OFTEN as (implying "no less than") every two weeks. 14 Days from the last update puts us at June 21st. Quite the conundrum.
    06-08-11 12:33 PM
    I don't even care about native email, i like bridge. I just need AAAAAPPPPS (citrix, kindle, etc..etc....)
    06-08-11 12:35 PM
    Actually, if you want to be exact then 60 days is June 18th, which also happens to be my birthday so...

On the other hand, RIM stated that we would see updates AS OFTEN as (implying "no less than") every two weeks. 14 Days from the last update puts us at June 21st. Quite the conundrum.
    60 days is just a timeline for them. they don't just have it ready and say "okay guys we'll wait 60 days to release it just for fun". they factor in all the coding they will have to do, debugging, minor delays, etc and 60 days is their best guess. same with the release date of the playbook. clearly they had it scheduled for earlier but they ran into unexpected delays.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-08-11 12:50 PM
    HUM .... well, the next upgrade should come in about five weeks after the last, midnight (Toronto time) July 15th. What it will contain only the guy in heaven knows. I thunk it will be about time for native email and Kindle. By mid-summer Android.
    06-08-11 12:50 PM

To be fair, they said we COULD see updates as often as 2 weeks. People saw 2 weeks and ran with it.

06-08-11 01:00 PM
    I can't wait... Bridge is killing me. As buggy as all heck in the newest version.
    06-08-11 01:11 PM
    60 days is just a timeline for them. they don't just have it ready and say "okay guys we'll wait 60 days to release it just for fun". they factor in all the coding they will have to do, debugging, minor delays, etc and 60 days is their best guess. same with the release date of the playbook. clearly they had it scheduled for earlier but they ran into unexpected delays.
    I understand that, but unfortunately (for RIM) they made a public announcement that it would be released WITHIN 60 days, and they're going to get crazy-bad press if they don't deliver. Do a Google search for "PlayBook 60 Days" and you'll see what I mean.

I can see the headline now "RIM lies to customers: PlayBook still has no email". I always figured that was the reason RIM didn't release specific dates - they'd rather avoid the bad press. Well, there's no getting around this one. I just hope they pull through, for their sake and for the sake of my beloved PB's future.

Also, wasn't email demoed (with all the oohs and ahhs) at BBWC last month, and it seemed to function pretty well? I'm thinking all they have left is a little debugging and some last minute tweaks. Of course, I could personally care less, as my bridged Messages app is working better than ever with the recent update.
    06-08-11 01:12 PM
    I know I get a lot of use out of my Playbook, so I'm glad i have it. However, for the sake of this forum, I'm not sure if I'd rather they released it when it was completely finished, or brought it out as it is: functional yet incomplete.

Can't decide if I'd rather scroll past "RELEASE THE DAMN THING ALREADY!!!" threads or "UPDATE THE DAMN THING ALREADY!!!" threads.
    06-08-11 01:14 PM
    60 days or 60 working days? haha
    lyricidal likes this.
    06-08-11 01:16 PM
    I understand that, but unfortunately (for RIM) they made a public announcement that it would be released WITHIN 60 days, and they're going to get crazy-bad press if they don't deliver. Do a Google search for "PlayBook 60 Days" and you'll see what I mean.

I can see the headline now "RIM lies to customers: PlayBook still has no email". I always figured that was the reason RIM didn't release specific dates - they'd rather avoid the bad press. Well, there's no getting around this one. I just hope they pull through, for their sake and for the sake of my beloved PB's future.

Also, wasn't email demoed (with all the oohs and ahhs) at BBWC last month, and it seemed to function pretty well? I'm thinking all they have left is a little debugging and some last minute tweaks. Of course, I could personally care less, as my bridged Messages app is working better than ever with the recent update.
    Mostly just people covering what Jim said. God, it'll be so nice when this thing is running up to par. I have been carrying it around again, but I still wish it did more. Like many have said, even the basics would be awesome!

Does anyone know why RIM needs two CEO's?
    06-08-11 01:24 PM
    Does anyone know why RIM needs two CEO's?
    The same reason I need two left feet.
    06-08-11 01:30 PM
    The same reason I need two left feet.
    1 turkey = tasty. 2 turkeys = very tasty.

Oh this isn't the Nokia forum

06-08-11 01:42 PM
    60 days or 60 working days? haha
    well, that made me chuckle.
    06-08-11 02:00 PM
    right before or right after the eu launch...my guess
    06-08-11 02:04 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD