My DM updated to 6.0 for the Playbook and I can't seem to find the option to downgrade to a previous OS for my handheld. Is that still possible? I want to go back to 0.713. Please help.
    06-08-11 11:25 AM
    You have to search and find the OS you want. Download it, back up all your data on your phone, wipe it and the load the OS onto your phone (easiest with AppLoader).

There are several tutorials/stickies about downgrading on this website/forums.
    06-08-11 01:28 PM
    You can get 713 here:

http://appstore.vzw.com.edgesuite.ne...A5.0.0.713.exe
    06-09-11 08:43 AM
    You can also downgrade using the latest version of Desktop Software (6.0 or 6.1) by connecting your device and choosing Device menu > Update. (The Update option in this menu doesn't appear right away - it takes a little while after you connect your phone for it to show up). After it checks for updates and tells you there aren't any available, click on View other versions at the bottom left. This should show all previous versions available - for me it shows .1015 (currently installed), .713, .607 and .320.
    06-09-11 10:35 AM
    Since the OP is having trouble with the DM method, it's easier just to d/l the file from the link and install it with apploader. Skip all the "connecting to device" nonsense as well.

Install 713 to your PC and launch apploader from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    06-09-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD