I upgraded to 1.0.5.2304 yesterday without a hitch. The "about" section says I'm running 1.0.5.2304. Yet today I am getting another notification to upgrade to 1.0.5.2304.

Anyone else getting this?
    06-08-11 10:33 AM
    Did you delete the AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Twitter icons? The PB will force an "update" to reinstall these shortcuts. Very annoying, but eh.
    06-08-11 10:36 AM
    I too upgraded yesterday to 1.0.5.2304 (yeah!)
    &
    now it's showing 'Software Update Available Version 1.0.5.2304'

I'm going to hit 'Download Now' as I don't wanna upset the PlayBook

))push the button and walk back slowly((
    06-08-11 10:39 AM
    Yes, I did delete AOL & Yahoo icons... Cmon an AOL icon?? Where is the phone jack on this thing?
    06-08-11 10:40 AM
    Did you delete the AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Twitter icons? The PB will force an "update" to reinstall these shortcuts. Very annoying, but eh.
    Thanks. I guess one upgrade with no issues was simply too much to hope for.

(Seriously, RIM, that's f'd up.)
    06-08-11 10:42 AM
    Yeah I know, it's really stupid. You were able to delete the shortcuts in the older iterations of the OS - who knows why they changed it. Maybe to shut up all the people who think that not having an email app on their tablet is cause enough for panic and chaos, and have literally taken to throwing their PlayBooks against brick walls in anger (or so some of the posters in this forum would have you believe.) So yeah, maybe to shut them up until PIM is released on June 18th (60 days after launch RIM, 'member?).
    06-08-11 10:48 AM
    lol!!!! Soooooo that's why i got an update of 3megs!
    06-08-11 11:03 AM
    There must be at least 25 of these threads already.
    trsbbs likes this.
    06-08-11 11:21 AM
    I think 26 actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 11:25 AM
    There are only 25? What's funny is that it's basically the same problem people had when trying to delete NFB and Slacker - that issue alone spawning dozens of threads - and yet here we are.

This actually happened to me as well, since I hate having stuff that I don't use on my "ALL" screen (why can't I get rid of you, "setup" icon! I despise you!) so I of course deleted the pointless shortcuts. Had a sudden stomach-in-throat moment when I thought that another sequential update had already been released!! and so soon!!! and then "oh yay, my AOL icon is back".
    06-08-11 11:29 AM
    The amount of threads that are for the same things gets really bad here and other places that I bookmarked something for that same reason.

RicZoh likes this.
    06-08-11 11:37 AM
    There must be at least 25 of these threads already.
    I know,,its getting old seeing thread after thread on this.

Make sticky of it Mods...please??!?!??!

Tim
    06-08-11 11:48 AM
    I know,,its getting old seeing thread after thread on this.

Make sticky of it Mods...please??!?!??!

Tim
    Sadly even if you do sticky, people won't read it.

Look at the current stickies.

There's a sticky for the newest update yet people still start threads on the newest update.

There's a sticky for playbook improvements yet we still see threads started on what PB is missing.

There's also a PB apps forum yet people post it in the general PB forum.
    Last edited by narci; 06-08-11 at 12:12 PM.
    06-08-11 12:04 PM
    Yeah, once something becomes a sticky I rarely revisit it, so I probably wouldn't even notice a new one. What people NEED to do is learn how to a)search or b) try figure it out for themselves before starting a new thread.
    narci likes this.
    06-08-11 12:14 PM
    Yeah, once something becomes a sticky I rarely revisit it, so I probably wouldn't even notice a new one. What people NEED to do is learn how to a)search or b) try figure it out for themselves before starting a new thread.
    Agreed.

The issue I see is that people posting have a 'ME' mentality when starting new posts.

example post titles:

I got the new update
    I got a problem
    I got a 2MB update
    I got battery problems
    etc.

There should be a rule on CB that new people can't start a new thread unless they have posted at least X amount of times.
    06-08-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD