Have you guys noticed that the notification functionality is not working properly at all !!!

I gives a notification that following apps needs to be updated....i update all the apps....after about 5-10 mins, i again see the notifications telling me to update the same apps again...even though they are all perfectly updated !!!

I dont think the notifications are working properly !!!

Any way to turn them off ???
    06-07-11 11:01 PM
    I didnt even get an App World notification. I strolled into App World to see the new Apps for the day and the "My World" icon had a notification star.
    06-07-11 11:20 PM
    Yes, getting repeated bogus notification that I delete and that comes back. Now App World just comes up blank. Rebooted, same problem.

Worse off with this update big time.
    06-07-11 11:59 PM
    wat is surprising is that no one else is reporting this issue ???
    06-08-11 10:14 AM
    hmmm... not sure if its the same problem but i have a nice update notification for 1.05... even though i did the upgrade... but it is nice to know that we won't ever need to keep checking for updates constantly!!!!!!
    06-08-11 10:29 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    06-08-11 10:33 AM
    Anyone else having trouble clearing the Bridge notifications? Playbook says I have new BBM and email messages, but I have already reviewed everything new on both Playbook and BB.

Is there any way to clear the box other than just clicking the x cause that doesn't work for me. The x just disappears and the cloud says I have no new messages, yet the icon still shows 1 or 2 new messages.

Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise the Playbook has been amazing! Hooked it up to HDTV yesterday. Amazing!

Naithan
    06-10-11 10:38 AM
    Notifications is definately buggy. Mine show updates for apps I deleted long ago. Cant clear them. Shows new emails too when all have been read.

This update is really three steps back, zero steps forward for me.
    06-10-11 10:49 AM
    Anyone else having trouble clearing the Bridge notifications? Playbook says I have new BBM and email messages, but I have already reviewed everything new on both Playbook and BB.

Is there any way to clear the box other than just clicking the x cause that doesn't work for me. The x just disappears and the cloud says I have no new messages, yet the icon still shows 1 or 2 new messages.

Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise the Playbook has been amazing! Hooked it up to HDTV yesterday. Amazing!

Naithan
    The only way to get rid of those strange notifications is to delete the current chat on your blackberry or restart the playbook!
    06-10-11 11:00 AM
    The only way to get rid of those strange notifications is to delete the current chat on your blackberry or restart the playbook!
    Sorry Tho26. I have done that and still no dice. I have checked on BB.com and there is no mention of this issue. Has anyone opened a ticket with RIM for this?
    06-10-11 11:13 AM
    I found that when I get stuck with an email notification even though all messages are marked 'Read' just temporarily change your 'All Messages' to the mailbox that is your default blackberry email address instead of 'All Messages' or some Gmail box. Then just tap between a couple different messages to change focus. When going back the notification is gone too.
    Last edited by blackmoe; 06-10-11 at 02:17 PM.
    06-10-11 11:17 AM
    hmmm... not sure if its the same problem but i have a nice update notification for 1.05... even though i did the upgrade... but it is nice to know that we won't ever need to keep checking for updates constantly!!!!!!
    Thats because you probably deleted one of the core apps or one of the email icons ie gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc etc....so they will be pushed to you again if you delete them...bit silly really but there you go.

As for the OP question??..yep i get the stupid notification bugs ie 3 of them are relating to apps that i have but dont need to be updated as ive checked in BB appworld so everytime i restart or reboot my pb they come up...then if i connect my BB to the pb via bridge i also get the silly BBM notification which when i check to seem, there is nothing there.

Very strange behaviour...i might do a wipe and re=load the update again.
    06-10-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD