but returned it and got my storm 2 back. Many reasons and no knock against the iphone...it's just a preference for me, I suppose. I got impatient waiting for a new touchscreen blackberry so I thought I'd try out the iphone.

Getting to the point...the reason I went to another phone is that the browser on this storm 2 is really slow. I keep all my apps closed except the 5 that always stay open...and only have 3 themes that I rotate. I don't know if those things have an affect on the slowness. I've read about opera browser but can't seem to find where to download it from....are there other browsers I could use that would be faster? And if I got them, how does it work when I use Quicklaunch? Does Quicklaunch only use the native browser?

I've looked all over to see if I could get answers to these questions in previous threads before I posted...but I can't get anything definitive.

Thanks for any help that anyone gives...and I LOVE my Storm 2.
    06-07-11 07:24 PM
    mini.opera.com type it in your BB browser, try that.
    06-07-11 08:08 PM
    I agree - I love my Storm 2 too. Too bad the Storm 3 is not coming out.
    06-07-11 08:39 PM
    I've had the storm series and I've had my hands on an iPhone. I found the iPhone so much better in practically everything. What didn't you like about the iPhone?

Your not going to find any halfway decent Brower for your storm. I've tried every single one, they're horrible. I've basically gave up browsing on my storm. I find it crazy when someone actually prefers the storm over the iPhone... this coming from a stormer lol
    06-07-11 10:16 PM
    As was discussed in another thread, browsing is slow because BB phones route data through RIM servers. EVen when u use wifi, browsing speed is abysmally slow. you want to browse speedily, get an Android or iPhone.
    06-07-11 11:33 PM
    You can also try the Bolt Browser - get it here
    It allows me to access some websites (like my online bank account) while the BB Browser and Opera doesn't. I keep all three browsers on hand depending on what I want to access. I prefer the BB's browser for the "column view" feature - I hate having to scroll left and right to read webpages.
    06-08-11 08:26 AM
    I have been using a storm since the 1st day the storm 1 came out. I love my storm2 in so many ways. My entire family switched from blackberry to iPhones. They love the iPhone and won�t look back.. I really want to stick with Blackberry, in fact I was going to pick up a blackberry playbook next week however with the new OS apple is coming out with and ICloud I might stray. Apple is so far ahead of Rim in every way possible. Crazy as this sounds the one feature that might keep me a blackberry user is the clock and bedside mode. I use my Blackberry as my alarm clock and love it. Apple doesn�t have anything like this.
    06-08-11 10:26 AM
    I've had the storm series and I've had my hands on an iPhone. I found the iPhone so much better in practically everything. What didn't you like about the iPhone?
    I didn't like that notifications were so slow and that so many things I do in landscape mode I had to do in Portrait mode on the Iphone. Those are the 2 biggies for me...and that's more of a preference than any slam against the iphone.
    06-08-11 08:39 PM
    mini.opera.com type it in your BB browser, try that.
    Thanks...I"m going to give that a try. I appreciate it.

Dave...thanks for repeating the point of why it's slow...I did some reading, before I posted but somehow I missed that.

CC_HangGlyder Thanks for the Bolt link...I'll try that one too.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.
    06-08-11 08:42 PM
    Not Trolling here...

I switched from S2 to Android a few months ago (Thunderbolt), and haven't looked back.

There are some things I miss, like sound profiles, BB Email, and some others, but overall, it's like night and day. The browser might be the #1 reason I'll never go back. When it became clear no S3 was on the horizon, I had to jump ship.
    06-09-11 02:24 PM
    Not Trolling here...

I switched from S2 to Android a few months ago (Thunderbolt), and haven't looked back.

There are some things I miss, like sound profiles, BB Email, and some others, but overall, it's like night and day. The browser might be the #1 reason I'll never go back. When it became clear no S3 was on the horizon, I had to jump ship.
    PDP.
    How's your experience with battery life?
    TIA
    06-10-11 07:26 PM
    As was discussed in another thread, browsing is slow because BB phones route data through RIM servers. EVen when u use wifi, browsing speed is abysmally slow. you want to browse speedily, get an Android or iPhone.
    How many more days Dave? I guess I missed the news.... No Storm 3?
    What is BB going to do for a full screen replacement for the S2?
    06-13-11 05:56 PM
    I guess I missed the news.... No Storm 3?
    What is BB going to do for a full screen replacement for the S2?
    From what I understand, the CDMA Torch is the S3.
    06-14-11 03:53 PM
    I actually think Opera Mini 6 on the Storm is great. It is fairly fast too and only get EDGE and Wifi. I'd be lost without Opera Mini. 6 seems much more reliable than 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 06:28 PM

Your not going to find any halfway decent Brower for your storm. I've tried every single one, they're horrible. I've basically gave up browsing on my storm. I find it crazy when someone actually prefers the storm over the iPhone... this coming from a stormer lol

Many people do prefer Storm. It's crazy to go with iphone.
    06-17-11 08:10 AM
    The iphone rocks in every way except for email. Email reliability on the iphone just sucks. I contantly get requests to type in my password and i never know when an email has been sent from my desktop. I have to check my BB for email.
    06-27-11 10:03 PM
    M.opera.com is the best browser out there try that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 10:13 PM
    i never know when an email has been sent from my desktop. .
    Does the iphone have a "desktop redirector" capability like BBs? My company doesn't support iphones like they do for BBs, but I always wondered if an iphone had that capability where it would redirect your work mail coming in to outlook to your phone. I used this feature prior to being "allowed" to be on the corporate BB enterprise system. Since I work at home my laptop was connected all the time so I would always get email on my BB except for when I was traveling.
    06-28-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD