I had my bold 9700 for about 3 months now on the latest os6 update and everything seems to be working fine untill today my wifi stopped working with my bbm.
    I have the data plan and everything and i can perfectly connect to wifi and use the browser using wifi.
    but when i try use bbm with wifi it doesnt work anymore.

on the service status it would say:

Blackberry Internet Service
    Connection: Not Connected

but my browser works fine even if i turn my mobile signal off.
    before it would say:
    Blackberry Internet Service
    Connection: WiFi
    and everything would work fast, now it doesnt work anymore
    can someone please help me asap, thanks

can someone PLEASE reply witha solution and not with something saying you hae the same problem -_-
    Last edited by mahdi1994; 06-07-11 at 03:12 PM.
    06-07-11 03:06 PM
    Have you tried re-sending your service books and re-registering the Host Routing table?

Go to your Setup icon> Email Account> Log in> Hit the menu button> Select "Service Books"> Click "Send Service Books"

You can also do this from a computer by going to your carriers BIS site. It can be found by googling "your carrier BIS"

For the Host Routing Table: Options> Device> Advanced Systems Settings>
    Host Routing Table> Hit the menu button> Select "Register Now"

Do a battery pull after all of this and see if it works, if it doesn't then you need to call your carrier because it's a issue with them then.
    06-07-11 03:50 PM
    If your with Orange its apparently down atm and will be back up in 24 hours
    06-07-11 04:16 PM
    My blackberry is Orange but it's unlocked so its a t mobile sim stuck in there, isit because of that
    06-07-11 05:42 PM
    My blackberry is Orange but it's unlocked so its a t mobile sim stuck in there, isit because of that
    No. Please refer to the very first response to your question, your solution is there.
    06-07-11 05:47 PM
    by the way the email method didnt work nor did host routing table
    06-07-11 05:53 PM
    am experiencing the same problem since yesterday, but I'm with Virgin Mobile who apparently use T-Mobile's network. Could it be that RIM or T-Mobile have updated their servers which has caused this? I'm not too great with technology so I'm not sure.

I've re-sent the service books and host routing table and it's still the same.

Hope someone can help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 08:11 AM
    hey,

I'm on vodafone UK but roaming and i've got the same problem since a couple of days ago.

bis works fine on roaming data but not on wifi. Status: not connected.

Anyone get to the bottom of this?
    06-08-11 11:44 AM
    Hi,
    I'm on t-mobile Germany. I get exactly the same problem. BIS used to work perfectly with wifi when abroad.

i can use the browser and other applications such as whatsapp, however my phone wont send/receive emails or bbm message.

ive tried as suggested by ridesno but it doesnt make a difference. since most of us are on t-mobile i guess it has to be an issue with them.
    06-08-11 04:11 PM
    This is most likely the issue you all are having...

Possible BIS outage across Europe and North America | CrackBerry.com
    06-08-11 04:45 PM
    Mine is now working with wifi up and running

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 06:37 PM
    any solution how to fix
    06-09-11 12:32 PM
    any solution how to fix
    This is a general problem at the moment in Europe. Seems to be especially bad in the UK. RIM have now admitted that it is an issue and their support team are working on it.

Both my 9700 on OS6 and my wife's 9700 on OS5 have the same problem. All we can do is sit it out.
    06-09-11 04:04 PM
    I am with Telus in Canada but am currently travelling in the US. It's apparently not fixed yet because I'm currently having the same problem.
    06-11-11 08:55 PM
    I am having this problem still...
    07-12-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD