I am so very sad! My poor playbook....
    06-06-11 09:14 PM
    I literally cannot see my one dead pixel. The only time I can see it is when I'm rebooting the pb and the screen is all black, and I look really close. Not an issue for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 09:18 PM
    where'd you buy it?

i just found out Best Buy (my place of worK) does 1 year over the counter exchange for the playbook according to RIMs warranty, interesting aint it?
    06-06-11 09:30 PM
    i bought it at a best buy but im scared to exchange it and get an even worse one...
    06-06-11 09:35 PM
    where'd you buy it?

i just found out Best Buy (my place of worK) does 1 year over the counter exchange for the playbook according to RIMs warranty, interesting aint it?
    Is this only in Best Buy Canada? Pretty sure they don't exchange RIM products no questions asked in the US for a year!
    06-06-11 11:09 PM
    i have couple small ones but im fine with it.
    06-06-11 11:11 PM
    aw what a pain eh. I have been really lucky with mine *knock on wood*
    06-06-11 11:15 PM
    Is this only in Best Buy Canada? Pretty sure they don't exchange RIM products no questions asked in the US for a year!
    it might be since RIM is based in canada also, but we got a big email from head office saying this is how their warranty program is going to work.
    06-06-11 11:20 PM
    My dead pixel's gone,
    06-06-11 11:41 PM
    Its very rare for dead pixels to form, it was there probably and you just didnt notice it. If you didn't notice it before, it means you'll forget about it soon enough. Just stop looking for it
    06-07-11 01:53 AM
    Trust me...it wasnt there before...
    06-07-11 08:12 AM
    I am so very sad! My poor playbook....
    I thought I was the only one! I had a dead pixel appear at the bottom right of the screen in the last row of pixels. This is after about a month of owning it and having zero dead pixels or issues. I have also noticed a spec of dust or something under the screen. I was so pissed I was going to sell my playbook and buy a new one but I couldn't bother.

I haven't had anymore issues with it...hoping it stays that way!
    06-07-11 09:01 AM
    I've got two dead pixels on my display. Not sure how long they've been there...but didn't see them until I changed my wallpaper to an image with a lot of black in that area. Doesn't appear to show up unless I have a dark color in that area of the wallpaper.

Create a solid black and set it if you want to see if you have any dead pixels.
    06-07-11 01:24 PM
    i used a website online that cycles different colored screens to see if i had a stuck or dead pixels on my laptop. bet it works on pb too since it was JS. some even report being able to bring stuck pixels (on a particular color) back to life by using a cycle program that cycles RBG very rapidly. dead pixels are another thing, on laptops some recommend rubbing it gently a bit to see if it comes back to life. on the capacitice pb screen though, id be more worried about damaging it this way so be careful if u try it
    06-07-11 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD