So i got to work today (I'm a sales rep for bell) and i noticed a new Echo(memo) for all bell employees. The memo was to tell all customers to update to the new operating system 1.0.5 for the blackberry playbook.

Heres the change log that they offered;

� New languages, including French, are supported.
    � The device may be charged while it is powered off.
    � Video chat enhancements, with improved connection and user experience.
    � Notification of available Wi-Fi hotspots (when detected).
    � An improved process for future software updates.
    � Downloads and installations can be completed in the background.
    � Automatic notification reminders for updates.
    � Pre-loaded Facebook application.
    So a few new things. Kevin if you're reading this. the memo is available upon request.
    06-06-11 09:13 PM
    This is the same memo ive seen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 09:14 PM
    blahhhh seems like they're just pushing "something" out to satisfy the release dates. nothing we want/need in here =/
    06-06-11 09:16 PM
    Flash 10.3 and AIR updates? I can understand that not being listed, but I could also see it listed as a Flash performance enhancement or something. I mean, do they really need to test Flash much? Couldnt they just add it?
    06-06-11 09:19 PM
    Ouch. Hope there is more then that. Good thing i am not waiting up lol.
    06-06-11 09:20 PM
    i hope theres more. i mean something to shut people up for a while longer. this will only help for about 2 days. i really think we should get flash 10.3 atleast and maybe some browser update to fix the java issues too.
    06-06-11 09:23 PM
    I hope so too. Sounds minor. I'm sure there will be more not listed. But as far as major ones, doubtful if that list is official.
    06-06-11 09:26 PM
    I have my money on a June 16th software update to go along with the launch. I think there needs to be a bit more updated than this short list.
    06-06-11 09:30 PM
    Why would they push native FB out with this update unless it has new features... the FB app works pretty damn good right now..???

Hmmm inquiring minds would love to know.

Thanks to the OP.
    06-06-11 09:33 PM
    Why would they push native FB out with this update unless it has new features... the FB app works pretty damn good right now..???

Hmmm inquiring minds would love to know.

Thanks to the OP.
    facebook notifications maybe? would be nice for sure
    06-06-11 09:36 PM
    No native emil or bbm?
    06-06-11 09:37 PM
    what they mean by native fb app? i thought the one that came with the pb was the native one...

06-06-11 09:40 PM
    I am under the impression we should not expect native BBM/e mail etc until the 3G/4G PlayBook's are released. This summer-ish.

what they mean by native fb app? i thought the one that came with the pb was the native one..
    Presumably it will be for newly bought PlayBooks, so when they're updated when first activated it will include Facebook.
    06-06-11 09:41 PM
    Sounds pretty craptacular to me.
    06-06-11 09:48 PM
    Sounds pretty craptacular to me.
    its more about the little bugs which wont be in the changelogs to me.
    06-06-11 09:52 PM
    I'd like to see a real open source project-style changelog that covers everything down to spelling corrections in the code comments

06-06-11 09:56 PM
    im just happy bridge got updated today!!

06-06-11 10:54 PM
    Anyone else feel like you're charging a slot machine every time you hit the "check for updates" button? One of these day I'm gunna win the jackpot, and if the rumors are true then tonight is my lucky night! *kisses rabbit foot*
    06-06-11 11:06 PM
    Anyone else feel like you're charging a slot machine every time you hit the "check for updates" button? One of these day I'm gunna win the jackpot, and if the rumors are true then tonight is my lucky night! *kisses rabbit foot*
    No because I don't bother, I just keep refreshing the forums. I figure it will be posted here within 5 seconds of going live.
    06-06-11 11:16 PM
    It sounds good. Every little bit helps.
    06-06-11 11:19 PM
    But that means that the update will be in my hands five seconds faster, and that's a five seconds that I'm willing to waste countless hours in the pursuit of.
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    06-06-11 11:20 PM
    Out of all the things listed the only one that seems to be of any use is charging while its powered off, i suppose a close second is the video chat enhancements provided it actually does something. what a waste, you'd think they would've added an option for the screen timeout to be never......or added bezel scrolling....or made the power on LED blink when a notification (bbm or email) is received just like on the BB.

but no of course not, we don't need anything thats actually useful, just added support for french and a automatic notification for updates.
    06-06-11 11:28 PM
    its more about the little bugs which wont be in the changelogs to me.
    Amen to that my friend... fix the little bugs first and then slam the big features.... i mean this thing has been out for less than two months, we have to be patient. Apple just announce ios 5 and said it would be ready in fall.. i mean summer didn't even start yet... and fall could mean september 21 or dec 21 i mean who knows... I ain't a developer but im sure these things take time...

06-06-11 11:29 PM
    i work for telus and noticed a similar memo on our internal site today. Said update was available to playbook owners today. Included a few more things then the original poster of this thread had listed. Only one that comes to mind is that max volume will be louder then in the previous OS.

If the new OS hasn't been released by tomorrow morning when I'm at work, i can post the memo
    06-06-11 11:42 PM
    you should have posted it tonight!! haha
    06-06-11 11:56 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD