Research In Motion just got out-fruited

unfortunately i cant find anything untrue about what theyve said.
    06-06-11 04:02 PM
    simple... not a single person has yet to come out and say the truth... apple is late to this party and is simply copy catting rim ... plain and simple
    06-06-11 04:11 PM
    It hasn't even seen or used by anyone in the general public and it's the first time apple is trying this and all of a sudden it's the bee's knees. Give me a break.
    06-06-11 04:11 PM
    There is nothing in there that is untrue! RIM has dropped the ball. The Playbook is VERY lackluster! I can't wait to see iMessenger. I am not an Apple fanboy nor am I a RIM fanboy. I have Apple devices and RIM devices and the only ones that are innovative are the Apple devices. I was really hoping the Playbook was going to end Apple's reign as the ruler of Tablets but as of right now it has failed miserably.
    trsbbs likes this.
    06-06-11 04:14 PM
    simple... not a single person has yet to come out and say the truth... apple is late to this party and is simply copy catting rim ... plain and simple
    This was a big consolation to Apple when Microsoft copied Windows from Apple and Apple almost went out of business.

It is not being first that matters. It is selling the most products and making the most money.
    06-06-11 04:14 PM
    lots of stuff they announced today is already being done, even by BB
    -BBM
    -tabbled browsing
    -notifications
    -wifi sync
    -OTA updates

cloud offerings: (not the first, and wont' be the last)
    -amazon
    -android
    -dropbox

etc..

cool things they announced:
    -camera features
    06-06-11 04:15 PM
    By that logic, one could say RIM was "late" to the tablet party and simply copied the iPad. Hint: neither assertion is true.
    06-06-11 04:22 PM
    There is nothing in there that is untrue! RIM has dropped the ball. The Playbook is VERY lackluster! I can't wait to see iMessenger. I am not an Apple fanboy nor am I a RIM fanboy. I have Apple devices and RIM devices and the only ones that are innovative are the Apple devices. I was really hoping the Playbook was going to end Apple's reign as the ruler of Tablets but as of right now it has failed miserably.
    yup, apple are the only `innovative` people out there,

they `just` made an IM client, something which google and RIM have had since their products inception. apple innovated there eh!

they `just` brought out notifitcations that pull down!! any android user will tell you this is years old tech! apple innovated there too.

they `just` brought out camera use from the lock screen, WP7 users will be ablke to show you that today if you wish! apple innovated there too!!

they `just` brought out a case that has a magnet to turn the screen on and off, BB users from many years ago will testify to this being last decades tech. but apple innovated there too i guess.

and whats untrue in the article? well saying an unused IM client will beat any other client is kinda foolish.

im sorry, i like apple stuff although i dont own any (sorry but it IS overpriced) and i have nothing against them, but they didnt innovate anything, they took what other people were doing (blackberry desktop manager wifi sync, google docs, blackberry protect and dropbox all together make iCloud) and amalgamated it as their own under a new OS. thats not innovating, thats called COPYING.
    curve1967 likes this.
    06-06-11 04:22 PM
    JG can EAD....Gimme an F - Gimme an A - Gimme an N - Gimme an B - Gimme an O - Gimme an Y - you know what it spells...

Completely onside with C_86...the cloud's been around for years, M$ was one of the first real forays into the cloud with Office, Google with Docs, etc, and a host of others...but for Apple its innovative. BBM has been around for years...but apple puts an i infront of it and its innovative...seriously?... some people are really lucky David Koresh isn't around anymore, they wouldn't last past a 2 minute conversation with him....
    06-06-11 04:30 PM
    "You know what was the other thing Mike Lazaridis is scared of most from Apple? A hardware keyboard on an iPhone. ****."

If they come out with an Iphone with a Keyboard... R.I.M can wave the white flag, alot of bb users including myself only stick with it because of the Keyboard almost everything else can be replicated elsewhere, Rim has its head stuck up its own ****, and I have a playbook here collecting dust because its appless.
    06-06-11 04:36 PM
    Yep but all the apple sheep wont think so....have a look at the frontpage of cb and see the video that Blaze put up...good artists copy but great artists steal....for me that just sums up Steve Job in a nutshell.

LOL @ people calling apple innovative...hahahaha hardly boys and girls hardly.
    06-06-11 04:38 PM
    Yep but all the apple sheep wont think so....have a look at the frontpage of cb and see the video that Blaze put up...good artists copy but great artists steal....for me that just sums up Steve Job in a nutshell.

LOL @ people calling apple innovative...hahahaha hardly boys and girls hardly.
    yup, if anyones seen the film antitrust, thats pretty close to apple imho lol
    06-06-11 04:41 PM
    I really hope RIM can get back to the top of the game. The Torch is my first BB device. It's not because I love Blackberry but I really don't want to be in a Market that is dominated by Apple and Android. I want to have the choice. Please RIM listen to your loyal customers and you wont go far wrong.
    06-06-11 04:44 PM
    I love this part...

"RIM�s BlackBerry OS 7 (also known as BlackBerry OS 6.1, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 6, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry OS 5, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.7, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.5, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.3, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.2, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.0�)"

That was great.
    luckily their arguement is upheld by the fact that iOS5 wont look at all like iOS4 which looks nothing like iOS3, which looks nothing like iOS2, which also looks nothing like iOS1 right??
    lyricidal likes this.
    06-06-11 04:55 PM
    oh burn!!!!!!!!!
    06-06-11 05:01 PM
    luckily their arguement is upheld by the fact that iOS5 wont look at all like iOS4 which looks nothing like iOS3, which looks nothing like iOS2, which also looks nothing like iOS1 right??
    I don't disagree. But that's to all the BB diehards who swear RIM has been moving in the right direction. They've been doing squat for almost a decade. Apple has been in the game for less than 4 years and is already eating RIMs lunch. And it's not just about looks, it's about functionality. How much more functionality does the newest blackberry have over one release in, let's say 2007? Or 2008? Not much. About the same.
    06-06-11 05:02 PM
    So? Apple was smart - they took the best part of a BlackBerry and but it on a cooler, more up-to-date device...
    06-06-11 05:05 PM
    So? Apple was smart - they took the best part of a BlackBerry and but it on a cooler, more up-to-date device...
    but they missed out big time, if they`d made it a cross platform offering then it would be a big issue, by making it apple only its not as great a threat as it could be, think facetime and how thats majorly overshadowed skype.....ah, maybe not then
    06-06-11 05:09 PM
    I love this part...

"RIM�s BlackBerry OS 7 (also known as BlackBerry OS 6.1, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 6, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry OS 5, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.7, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.5, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.3, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.2, also known as the same OS as BlackBerry 4.0�)"

That was great.
    iOS 5, also known as iOS 4, also known as.....you get the idea....
    06-06-11 05:16 PM
    but they missed out big time, if they`d made it a cross platform offering then it would be a big issue, by making it apple only its not as great a threat as it could be, think facetime and how thats majorly overshadowed skype.....ah, maybe not then
    I agree Apple's new messager isn't a threat in itself - the only "threat" RIM has to deal with is the "Cool Factor" of the other platforms and their hardware...
    06-06-11 05:27 PM
    I agree Apple's new messager isn't a threat in itself - the only "threat" RIM has to deal with is the "Cool Factor" of the other platforms and their hardware...
    There are other apps that do the same thing as BBM, although not as securely. I wonder how an "always on" iMessage app will affect battery life on the iPhone? The average BlackBerry phone has a lot going on in the background (i.e. push e-mail, BBM, etc...) and still manages to get great battery life... we'll see....
    06-06-11 05:30 PM
    Co-sign!!

I don't care who copies from who. Just give the consumer what they want! I drive a Cadillac, but would gladly trade it in for a Kia if they can duplicate all the features i love in my SRX AND make it look better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-06-11 05:37 PM
    The reason why Apple stays on top is not because of their hardware it's because they have the best marketing department on earth. An Apple messenger? Brilliant move on Apple's part. Company's borrow other company's ideas ALL the time. All Apple has to say is "RIM did it first but we'll do it better". Company's do it ALL the time.
    06-06-11 08:32 PM
    iOS 5, also known as iOS 4, also known as.....you get the idea....
    Actually, no. iOS has grown leaps and bounds since 2007. Can't say the same about Blackberry OS.

You guys get caught up in looks and think it's the same. Big deal RIM changes the icons is OS 5. Functionality is nearly the same. A few small changes but nothing really significant. Apple adds more features in 1 OS upgrade than RIM does in 5.
    06-06-11 08:32 PM
    all they did was closed the empty holes and now the iOS finally has everything thats expected in a smartphone. Im actually anxious to see what Apple comes up with the iPhone 5 next summer, might be enough for me to jump ship as well as the "new" features of iOS 5.
    06-06-11 09:07 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD