I know you guys are getting fed up with these threads but this one isn't a "I heard from a guy down the street, whose wife met someone in BestBuy who had spoken to someone from RIM 3 years ago"

This one possibly has some substance, not sure how reliable berryreview is?

Rumor: BlackBerry PlayBook OS Update Scheduled for Today? - BerryReview
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    06-06-11 08:16 AM
    06-06-11 08:23 AM
    Gahhh. I want to be excited but it's getting so hard to believe. Thanks for pointing this out, though.
    06-06-11 08:24 AM
    wow ... some solid investigative journalism in that speculative berryreview article
    06-06-11 08:26 AM
    Ah sorry ericlc2, I don't tend to look at the satirical threads as they don't normally have much of useful in them.

At least being a separate thread it will get people's attention...providing they haven't given up looking at rumour threads altogether now...
    06-06-11 08:38 AM
    Well, at least this is a "serious" update rumor.
    06-06-11 08:38 AM
    06-06-11 08:45 AM
    Well one popular theory has been that we'd be able to tell an update was in the offing only after the rumors appeared in the blog posts of places like Crackberry.com (or BerryReview). And the BerryReview author says they're working on getting the change log.
    06-06-11 08:49 AM
    [SARCASM]Wow these release rumor/theory threads, and threads of people whining about not getting an update every two weeks don't get old at all![/SARCASM]
    06-06-11 08:56 AM
    We actually need SARCASM tags. That would be nice to have.
    06-06-11 08:59 AM
    Bout time!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 08:59 AM
    Well it would be nice to get an update no matter or big or minor the updates are. And yes I am the OP from the threat that Eric posted here as I needed to put a satirical spin on how these updates keep being rumored and the days just keep passing without an update

06-06-11 09:03 AM
    could be.... just read the article.... even if it doesn't come today, at least its a solid sign that it is coming any day now.

06-06-11 09:04 AM
    I seriously bet RIM could release an update that did nothing more than increment the version number number on the Playbook to something else, and made no changes, and the placebo effect would make so many people think things are working better.
    06-06-11 09:13 AM
    Today is a good day to release an update. They should have it out before the iOS updates are announced.
    06-06-11 09:32 AM
    At this point I don't care if the CEO of RIM lands on my front lawn in the company helicopter and personally hands me a signed change-log stating the release date for the update along with a free 64 Gig playbook and a million dollars.

I'm not gonna post it here till I have an update installed and running on my Playbook!
    06-06-11 09:36 AM
    And yes I am the OP from the threat that Eric posted here as I needed to put a satirical spin on how these updates keep being rumored and the days just keep passing without an update
    Wasn't complaining about the thread, they're an understandable way of letting off steam considering the number of bs rumour threads that are out there, was just explaining why I didn't check that this hadn't been posted there already
    06-06-11 09:36 AM
    As I've said before... RIM will give CrackBerry the heads-up when an official OS update is coming. Until then, don't pay much attention to rumors.

OK, update. Looks promising that is coming tonight. Don't have official word via the RIM PR channel, but do have word from reliable RIM source that it should be coming late tonight.

Update 3. Ok, ok. So now it's looking like the update might not get pushed out tonight. It's ready, but with all the apple announcements i'm thinknig rim is going to hold onto it for a bit longer before pushing. Trying to find out more.

Update 4. Definitely, definitely coming late tonight. Pheww. Bring it!
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 06-06-11 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added update, added another update
    06-06-11 09:37 AM
    kevin.... you're alive... had me worried. Thanks for the tidbit... my new updatebutton is my crackberry dot com bookmark. lol

06-06-11 09:44 AM
    As I've said before... RIM will give CrackBerry the heads-up when an official OS update is coming. Until then, don't pay much attention to rumors.
    Kevin,

Nothing personal but RIM hasn't exactly been forthcoming with information, I won't be surprised if even the CB team gets caught off-guard when it does arrive.

(This in no way is meant to imply I think it is coming today or any particular day in the future, just that I don't see RIM announcing it to anyone)
    06-06-11 09:44 AM
    I seriously bet RIM could release an update that did nothing more than increment the version number number on the Playbook to something else, and made no changes, and the placebo effect would make so many people think things are working better.
    Ballsillie and Lazaridis his slapped themselves on top of the head and said "D'oh!"

06-06-11 09:52 AM
    When rumors come out on CB and Berryreview you can usually bet on it! Rumors from a reliable source!
    06-06-11 09:57 AM
    Just my advice Kevin, that's a brave statement considering the implications if an update comes out and you didn't hop on the forums and tell everybody first. The recordbooks are always open with some of us.

06-06-11 10:06 AM
    I think these threads should get instantly removed by the mods. I'm thinking the chap at BerryReview was just reading the threads here over the weekend and decided to generate some traffic to his site.
    06-06-11 10:21 AM
    All Rim employees are reading this forum to get as much feedback as possible. Unfortunately because there is so much stuff to read, they almost never work on the update. That is why it is not here yet. So please remove all threads about the possibility of a possible upgrade of the OS asap ;-)
    06-06-11 10:26 AM
215 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD