Hello all,

My 9700 has been not been able to connect via wifi as of late. I do have BIS; my wifi works perfectly on my laptop. I have deleted the wifi profile from my BB, and reinitialized it, but the wifi logo stays grey. I'm running OS 5.0.

My 8900, before I dropped it and the LCD broke, would connect to my wifi pretty quickly. Upon receiving 9700, I noticed it took significantly longer to connect to my wifi as compared to the 8900 and now, it doesn't even connect any more.

Any potential fixes for this?
    06-05-11 10:19 PM
    Have you rebooted your router?
    06-05-11 11:19 PM
    May not be exactly your issue- But when I had an update to the latest OS 5 (979, I think) BEFORE the update to 6, the WiFi was all clanked up. It was intermittent if it connected at all- ESPECIALLY at home. I am lucky to still have unlimited data so I wasn't all that upset at the time, only annoyed at the slower speed. By updating to OS6, the problem went away instantly.
    06-06-11 08:49 AM
    Did you download anything from app world?

I just posted a new thread of the issue I'm having.

Wi-Fi was working fine until I donwloaded a free app. Now my wi-fi doesn't work at all. It keeps dropping and re-connecting and I can't browse out to the Internet anymore....it tries, then switches to 3G....
    06-07-11 10:17 AM
    Its not just you.. Seems to be a RIM issue. Same here
    06-07-11 04:56 PM
    Its not just you.. Seems to be a RIM issue. Same here
    Same here. Also a friend of mine in Germany has the same issue with his Bold 2. Routers that we have been able to connect to for ages all of a sudden will not connect to BIS / BES through even though it connects full strenght with the router itself and has a clear connection to the internet through it.

I posted the same over at Blackberry forums but no solution in sight.

Damn annoying as both my friend and I are both roaming away from home on long term contracts and the lack of Wi Fi is costing a bomb in roaming charges.
    06-08-11 12:04 PM
    Just called back to Europe to support at my home network carrier. They are as foxed as me for why it is not connecting via WiFi. Thought I would report back here so you know there does appear to be something up with the Blackberry network for "roamers" trying to connect to BIS or BES via a WiFi connection.
    06-08-11 12:49 PM
    This may seem odd but I remember it from my original Curve. If you have Google Maps uninstall it. It turns out an incompatible version messed up my entire internet.
    06-10-11 03:26 PM
    it's seeming to me like a major issue now, I don't even have google maps installed (wiped and loaded up 6.0.0.600), few apps installed and BIS doesn't work over wifi, yet it only does over 3G on telus. I googled it and was shocked:

BIS over wifi - Google Search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 07:13 PM
    If you read from here on in this very long Thread over at Blackberry you will see the issue was fixed by RIM during the last 12 hours. Mine has come back after nearly 6 days with out it.

BIS over WIFI stopped working - Page 22 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-11-11 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD