well here's my problem I've been having issues adding large files ie media vids music pics other documents on my micro sd card via usb micro cable in mass storage mode but when i go over lets say 25mb it will disconnect from my pc, then my bb will ask weather i would like it to charge sync media or use as usb drive I've used multiple usb cables an ports,i have no issues writing from my sd car to my computer by the way and also I am running OS 6.0.0.546 i think an east Asia official. and have a samsung 8gb micro sd card and i just got a refurbished bold 9780 a week or so ago so i don't think its the micro usb port however my last bold had the same issues but it had a bad port. i am wondering if any has had the same issues or any remedies to this issue thanks in advance for any info/help.
    06-03-11 04:35 PM
    Not sure what your issue is, but I'm also on .546 and have just copied a 736mb movie to my media card via usb with no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 05:56 PM
    It is the card, not the phone.

I am having similar problems with the SD Card in my Blackberry. I pull the card out and put it into a MicroSD Card Reader.

In one brand of reader - never seen a problem.

In a different brand of reader - the problem occurs randomly. Once I am trying to transfer a "large" file, the card will suddenly disapear from the view of the OS.

I initially thought this was due to the card reader as it was cheap from EBay. But I have now found that the reader is fine using a SanDisk MicroSD card of the same size.

So... there may be something on that Blackberry MicroSD Card that confuses it.

I am mainly posting so you don't think you are mad and on your own here. But please dig out a MicroSD Card reader and try a test. This should show it isn't the phone that is failing on you.

If first spotted this when trying to just copy photographs from the chip to my GF's PC using the card reader. I can now reproduce this issue reliably on any PC with that same brand of card reader.

(Lurker finally registers as I share your bug...)
    Last edited by Batter Pudding; 06-05-11 at 01:05 PM.
    06-05-11 01:01 PM
    Just tested with Micro SD Card in phone, phone attached as "USB Device". Happy to copy all the files. Did a CheckDisk on the chip... just in case. No problems found.

Transferred chip back to my "dodgy" reader, and problem occurs as first files are being copied.

Have just copied all of my my Blackberry data from the "bad" chip to "good" chip and now have it behaving perfectly. So now sticking with the SanDisk chip instead.

Maybe that "free" chip that came with the Blackberry isn't of the highest quality... and this then shows up in some card readers. And maybe that corrupted card is so confused in your phone that you are now seeing the same problems.
    06-05-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD