See this on BGR's report:
    BGRBlackBerry Bold 9900 won't launch until September

So exciting! NOT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 09:35 AM
    06-03-11 09:40 AM
    It would have been nice to release soon but it's RIM's style to leak a device very early and then by the time it gets here many are over it and of course so many other devices that will make the specs look even more outdated. It's unfortunate because this was a nice look device but by Sept I know I won't be thinking about this.
    06-03-11 09:43 AM
    Yep time to move away from Blackberry!
    06-03-11 09:44 AM
    not sure if im just parsing the words in the article, but it says 'globally'. could it launch in certain markets sooner?
    06-03-11 09:46 AM
    aint ready yet? bulll****ttt... i can't wait that long... my iPhone is falling apart. This is delay will definitely hurt sales for RIM.

RIM your assed out.
    06-03-11 09:47 AM
    not sure if im just parsing the words in the article, but it says 'globally'. could it launch in certain markets sooner?
    Yeah that's true but it would probably launch in Canada first. So I guess we would have to see the first place it's launched and then go from there. Because "globally" to RIM could mean anywhere outside Canada. We will see but I'm not surprised that it would take that long anyway.
    06-03-11 09:55 AM
    Yeah that's true but it would probably launch in Canada first. So I guess we would have to see the first place it's launched and then go from there. Because "globally" to RIM could mean anywhere outside Canada. We will see but I'm not surprised that it would take that long anyway.
    The US is a larger market for RIM so I do not expect a Canada release first.
    06-03-11 09:57 AM
    this is seriously bull ****.
    06-03-11 09:58 AM
    WTF are those guys are RIM doing? Its time for new management. They cant seem to execute anymore. Its one delay after another.
    06-03-11 10:00 AM
    You know, sometimes it's hard not to agree with the rest of the world when RIM continues to fumble their products around.

They have had hits and they have had misses, like any company. But lately it's been more misses than hits and as a fan I am getting a little.... I dunno... tired of the same story. Delay, delay, not quite ready etc.

People are screaming for a new phone and os and they just can't get things together. It's frustrating.
    06-03-11 10:08 AM
    Possible. Some device get launched in other countries before the US. In Canada, blackberry is still king so who knows. To me it doesn't matter because anything after this summer, I'm not interested in anyway because I'll be looking towards the new iPhone and Nexus devices this fall. But we will see.
    06-03-11 10:12 AM
    You know, sometimes it's hard not to agree with the rest of the world when RIM continues to fumble their products around.

They have had hits and they have had misses, like any company. But lately it's been more misses than hits and as a fan I am getting a little.... I dunno... tired of the same story. Delay, delay, not quite ready etc.

People are screaming for a new phone and os and they just can't get things together. It's frustrating.
    Agreed. It wasn't that long ago that I was BB die hard to the core. But RIM taught me to not be overly loyal to any one company. And the other thing is what if it is true they are come with an OS 7.5 before QNX? They haven't even come with OS 7 yet so who knows how long that would take to see 7.5 and then QNX.
    06-03-11 10:14 AM

Got to agree with you... Really makes you wonder. I'm sure people are working hard but something hasn't been 'clicking' at RIM for a while and it's harder and harder to say 'it'll be getting better'...
    06-03-11 10:17 AM
    Plus RIM's Canadian marketshare is still very high (43% i think). Makes sense to release it first in a market where they are losing marketshare.

This is typical RIM, I doubt you will see this before september which is a pretty big blunder. And those talking about a playbook 2? I wouldn't expect a new model until atleast spring 2012. It doesn't make sense that they would be working on a 2nd version when they are still scrambling to get the BB and Android players out, not to mention the native email client.

RIM needs to focus it's efforts better then this, they should be realistically be releasing one new device every 4 months. This shouldn't be hard if they stagger the releases of the Bold Touch, Curve, Monaco, Torch 2. They only need 4 devices (High end qwerty, low end querty, touch only device and touch slider) there is little to no market for the pearl or Style. If they consentrated on there key devices maybe they could get stuff released within 6 months of announcing it.

At this point it seems stupid that they didn't move right to QNX, the hardware is ready and that was the reason they gave for not moving to QNX.
    Last edited by RealDeal83; 06-03-11 at 10:24 AM.
    06-03-11 10:22 AM
    See this on BGR's report:
    BGRBlackBerry Bold 9900 won't launch until September

So exciting! NOT!

seriously? BGR are about as spot on as fox news!!

i played with a 9900 less than 24 hours ago. i know software is still beta, but several months? no way
    06-03-11 10:50 AM
    I'm so glad to have dumped BlackBerry. Who in their right mind is going to defend RIM this time around? The competition is getting better and RIM is just RIM.
    06-03-11 10:54 AM
    Bgr with their anti bb bs is getting old!

06-03-11 11:04 AM
    I honestly don't know why people insist on linking BGR anti-RIM propaganda here on CrackBerrry.

I'll believe there is a delay when I hear it directly from RIM. So far the official word from RIM is still a summer release.
    06-03-11 11:35 AM
    I honestly don't know why people insist on linking BGR anti-RIM propaganda here on CrackBerrry.

I'll believe there is a delay when I hear it directly from RIM. So far the official word from RIM is still a summer release.
    and when does summer end again? September! so technically the article and RIM are saying the same thing.
    scorpiodsu, 1magine and JoJoCal19 like this.
    06-03-11 11:40 AM
    Did anyone else notice the comment about there now being an OS7.5 before QNX for phones? This is new, and very significant.

The thing that disturbs me is the sudden, erratic nature of the shifts. Seems like there's no captain of the RIM ship, and if there is they really don't have a handle on things. First the marketing sucked, then the vision, now the execution.

Definitely calls for a leadership change. I would fire one of our team leads if they operated this way. Nothing vindictive, no one's a bad person, but this is just not the way to get results.

- R.
    1magine likes this.
    06-03-11 11:49 AM
    Where's the fork? Time to stick it in rim
    06-03-11 12:08 PM
    Someone wrote it on the internet so it MUST be true right??? WRONG!!!! We don't know when the 99XX is coming, other than what RIM has said which is sometime this summer. BGR has an agenda, and that is getting views, and this blog I'm sure will do that quite nicely. Is it true? Who knows????
    06-03-11 12:10 PM
    Someone wrote it on the internet so it MUST be true right??? WRONG!!!! We don't know when the 99XX is coming, other than what RIM has said which is sometime this summer. BGR has an agenda, and that is getting views, and this blog I'm sure will do that quite nicely. Is it true? Who knows????
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 delayed until September, IT admins everywhere weep -- Engadget
    06-03-11 12:17 PM
    This does nothing but quote BGR!
    06-03-11 12:20 PM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD