What's going on with 2.0? I thought it was supposed to be out in May or June. I am definitely ready for the update.

I understand it's in the beta zone, but I am not really keen on downloading software that isn't complete. Is there a developer blog on the native Blackberry apps and their progress?

Finally, is there anyone who has used the beta version? How is it, what's it like? Is there still the problem of messages staying in the universal message box despite the fact that they have been deleted? What new features are there? How is the chat feature?
    06-02-11 01:44 PM
    Chat feature was great until facebook change the Protocol for Facebook messages. Now notifications come in from 1 minute to 3 hours late.

Its annoying but it works.

Take note that it is not RIM's fault. This time Facebook failed to tell RIM to update the APIs that drive the application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 01:53 PM
    Chat feature was great until facebook change the Protocol for Facebook messages. Now notifications come in from 1 minute to 3 hours late.

Its annoying but it works.

Take note that it is not RIM's fault. This time Facebook failed to tell RIM to update the APIs that drive the application.

Are they going to update the APIs?
    06-02-11 01:59 PM
    I've been using the FB 2.0 beta since it was offered in beta zone and it is heaps and bounds better that the pre-2.0 versions. Even in this beta program, I have not personally seen the problems that others have seen. The chat feature has always worked well for me although I don't use it as much as other heavy users might. The newest update allows for the removal of posts and comments that you have made as well as posts on your wall. They also stated in the change log that they added wifi support which is great, but I didn't know that it didn't previously support wifi. I also noticed one extra feature that either wasn't included in the change log or I had overlooked it. When you are in your messages pane, if you delete a message, it offers the options similar to deleting an email in your native blackberry message box.....cancel, delete on handheld, and delete on handheld and facebook. I don't know if this addresses the issue that some have with deleting messages or not, but it is definitely a needed option.
    06-03-11 11:27 AM
    I've been using the FB 2.0 beta since it was offered in beta zone and it is heaps and bounds better that the pre-2.0 versions. Even in this beta program, I have not personally seen the problems that others have seen. The chat feature has always worked well for me although I don't use it as much as other heavy users might. The newest update allows for the removal of posts and comments that you have made as well as posts on your wall. They also stated in the change log that they added wifi support which is great, but I didn't know that it didn't previously support wifi. I also noticed one extra feature that either wasn't included in the change log or I had overlooked it. When you are in your messages pane, if you delete a message, it offers the options similar to deleting an email in your native blackberry message box.....cancel, delete on handheld, and delete on handheld and facebook. I don't know if this addresses the issue that some have with deleting messages or not, but it is definitely a needed option.
    +1 to this post.

To the OP, either get it in beta, or wait patiently... . It is supposed to be released public may/june, and as june just started, there's still plenty of time...

I have not had any issues with the beta version, and like it much better than the 1.x versions...

06-03-11 12:37 PM
    I'm using the 2.0 beta, and have been since it was first offered. The program has come a long way since the first beta release, and I'd say is nearly ready for Public release soon. You could always download the beta, and uninstall it if you are unhappy; which I highly doubt you would be.
    06-03-11 08:41 PM
    ^How can you get the beta? Don't you need to be part of a testing program for RIM or something?
    06-03-11 09:55 PM
    ^How can you get the beta? Don't you need to be part of a testing program for RIM or something?
    Blackberry Beta Zone - Free to Join. www.blackberry.com/beta

SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-03-11 10:03 PM
    Ive been using the beta for so long with no problems that i forgot it wasnt a standard release until i saw this thread. Anyone aware of the beta version but not using it is a fool in my opinion..
    06-03-11 10:47 PM
    Just got the beta. No obvious glitches at all. Amazing lay-out too.

Haven't tried the chat though, I heard there were a few problems with that, but its better than not having chat at all!

06-03-11 10:50 PM
    I've been using the beta for a long time as well and I am completely impressed by it. It is fantastic as has been pointed out above. The layout is very nice and easy to use.
    06-03-11 10:57 PM
    Just got the beta. No obvious glitches at all. Amazing lay-out too.

Haven't tried the chat though, I heard there were a few problems with that, but its better than not having chat at all!

They fixed the Chat issue in release 19. Release 23 has been working great. Notifications are working again too.

Personally I would give it a try. Create a Beta account and read the reviews and known issues and decide if it's for you.
    06-04-11 08:20 AM
    I have been using this Beta since it became available for OS5 and it's been great. I use the chat feature quite often as i'm stationed in Japan and can't exactly talk to family and friends much on the phone. :/
    06-04-11 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD