Hey everybody,

I am trading for a PlayBook tonight. I am meeting someone from Craigslist, and I told him I wanted to play around with the device a little before purchasing.

Other than light leaks, physical damages, dead pixels, what are the big things I should take note of before I purchase?

He is bringing the receipt, but I would like to know some of the first things to look at as far as quality is concerned. Also, are there any red flags that I should not purchase it?

Thank you.

PS, I am not purchasing retail because I am trading some old electronics in exchange for it. I coulnd't afford to drop $500 right now.
    06-02-11 12:02 PM
    Sounds like you have the most common things covered. Make sure you are comfortable with the action on the buttons. Try out the wifi if you can, play some audio over the speakers to make sure they sound clear and no crackle. It would be good if you could try the bluetooth also but that would probably involve bridging it to your bb. If you really want to be picky, set it on its back on the table to make sure the logo doesn't cause any significant wobble.
    06-02-11 12:38 PM
    Check the power button and make sure you are okay with it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 01:13 PM
    Plug it in and make sure it charges!
    Bring headphones plug them in and check sound!

Over then that I think you are good.
    06-02-11 01:16 PM
    Craigslist? Priority #1 is Not Stolen
    06-02-11 01:20 PM
    Be careful too, I was robbed at gunpoint on a craigslist meetup. It was even in a very public place.

06-02-11 01:25 PM
    jeez..

well i hope if he has the receipt that its not stolen, but always a possibility

i hope i dont get robbed at gunpoint..not sure what precautions i can take but i went to college in one of the worst areas possible and i survived that..i guess we will see
    06-02-11 01:39 PM
    I walked away from it, luckily. I was armed also but didn't have a chance to draw, I wasn't expecting that in a public place at all! The police recommend using a local precint for craigslist meetings. Just don't drop your guard the way I did.

jeez..

well i hope if he has the receipt that its not stolen, but always a possibility

i hope i dont get robbed at gunpoint..not sure what precautions i can take but i went to college in one of the worst areas possible and i survived that..i guess we will see
    06-02-11 01:43 PM
    I walked away from it, luckily. I was armed also but didn't have a chance to draw, I wasn't expecting that in a public place at all! The police recommend using a local precint for craigslist meetings. Just don't drop your guard the way I did.

Next time (hopefully there wont be a "next time" though), drop your wallet/cash/item instead of handing it to them. Might give you a second or two. Glad you got out of it unharmed though.
    06-02-11 02:27 PM
    Craigslist? Priority #1 is Not Stolen
    +1

You guys are funny haha
    06-02-11 02:29 PM
    Some folks have complained about the "action" on their Vol Up/down buttons. Click or no click. And as mentioned some have found very low volume from the headphone jack.
    06-02-11 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD