So I downloaded the lite version of the MusicMaster app, which I believe was released in App World yesterday, and am rather impressed. Basically, it allows you to easily make playlists of songs, which are then streamed from YouTube while a minimized version of the video plays at the bottom. Basically it's like having quick access to a whole ton of music without a subscription fee. I wasn't able to access some of the more advanced features such as searching and creating multiple playlists, because they're only available in the full version, but would like to hear from anyone who has purchased it.

I love the smoothness and the functionality of the app, as well as the idea behind it. It has a few bugs - occasional flickers, video/music freezing, the video placement is sometimes off when switching from fullscreen video to the program interface, and full screen mode has black bars on the top, bottom, and sides of the video. Oh yeah, and the UI is not the most aesthetically pleasing that I've seen - I like the general setup, but the colors are a little whack and the fonts are just plain ugly.

I'd like to hear from the dev about plans for future updates of this program (mainly how it LOOKS), but I think I might still buy it regardless. Hey, it's only a buck. Anyone else tried it yet, though?
    06-01-11 02:53 PM
    I bought the full version. Great app. Very easy to use.

Deffinitely worth $0.99
    06-01-11 04:04 PM
    In the full version, what does the "More" button that comes up next to all of the songs do? Also, how fast and accurate is the search feature?
    06-01-11 04:22 PM
    In the full version, what does the "More" button that comes up next to all of the songs do? Also, how fast and accurate is the search feature?
    The more button finds songs similar to the song your viewing or other songs by that artist.

The seach has been very fast and it has found every song I have searched for. I even searched for a song title that I knew had several artists and it pulled them all up.

I have also created a couple of playlists too.
    IndubitablyMe likes this.
    06-01-11 04:28 PM
    Sweet. Sounds like I'm about to be $0.99 poorer.
    06-01-11 04:34 PM
    This app is bad *** for sure and very clever actually. My favorite release this week.

When playing the video in full screen, it doesn't technically go to full screen. The video looks narrow with upper and bottom black bars. Hopefully an update will tweak this?

Also, it be nice to have the music playing in the background when minimize.
    06-01-11 05:11 PM

Also, it be nice to have the music playing in the background when minimize.
    Go to options on playbook, general and set application behavior to showcase...mine plays when minimized...
    06-01-11 06:56 PM
    Not too shabby at all. I checked it out in appworld earlier but didn't download. Might see how much I use it and then get the paid version. Now I could see a use for a HDMI cable here if the video plays in fullscreen. Like it
    06-01-11 07:27 PM
    I also purchased the full version. Really like the App. I agree it had no issues finding anything in the search engine, quality was excellent very smooth.

I initially couldn't get it to play once minimized but the developer was kind enough to explain the showcase setting on the Playbook....oops...

The only other issue I had is that I haven't been successful in getting it to work when tethered to 3G. I know it says Wifi but the developer only really mentioned it for cost as I asked him/her if they had previous issues with a tether. Not sure the small video makes it that labour intensive for the data stream.

Anyway fully recommend for 0.99.
    06-01-11 08:09 PM
    I have run into a strange problem, and have been talking with the developer to fix it.

The problem is..I purchased the app while I was on my wifi at work and it was working flawlessly. When I went home and tried to run the app, it would not connect to the server. It's really strange because the wifi signal at work is much weaker and the wifi signal at home is always strong. I don't have any special firewalls or anything like that at home that might be a problem.

I tried to delete and re-install the app at home and restarted the playbook with no success.

The developer has been very kind and helping me to resolve the issue. I hope we can get it figured out soon, because the app is great!

Anybody else have any suggestions for me to try? Thanks in advance.
    06-02-11 08:54 AM
    Best .99 I ever spent! Now of course you CAN search youtube on your own, BUT they guy put it at your finger tips, and lets you make play lists, AND he found the choice videos too.
    06-02-11 09:18 AM
    Great app - now if you could just make the full screen buttons a bit larger......loving this app
    06-02-11 09:23 AM
    Bought the full version last night, and it's great. I had a few emails back and forth with the developer, who was very receptive to comments, criticism, and ideas for future updates. Anyone who hasn't already, post a rating and comment in App World so the dev will continue working on it. The concept of this app is great because it's so simple, and the execution is very well done. Hope to see more intuitive apps like this for the PlayBook!
    06-02-11 10:05 AM
    Tried it at work and dam them for blocking youtube. Will probably spend the money on the full version when I get home tonight. Still annoyed that it $0.99 and I get charged �0.99 Nice exchange rate for RIM. Not so for me.
    06-02-11 10:42 AM
    After reading this thread I logged into appworld and purchased it. Downloaded fine, I did a quick search on "Eagles" no problem, added songs to my playlist and thought "this is great", then nothing!
    But suddenly up pops a yellow sign with an ! and " Network Error occurred please try again later"? There is a try again button, but it does nothing.
    Should have tried the free version before buying the full version as it does not want to work for me. Even did a restart of my Playbook, same thing?

When I close and reopen the app, I can see my playlist that I created, but nothing happens, I wait and get "network error"?

I can log into youtube using my playbook browser and play videos and hear the sound, so not an issue with my network. Not the best $0.99 I've spent I'll try it at home tonight and see what happens.
    06-02-11 12:27 PM
    After reading this thread I logged into appworld and purchased it. Downloaded fine, I did a quick search on "Eagles" no problem, added songs to my playlist and thought "this is great", then nothing!
    But suddenly up pops a yellow sign with an ! and " Network Error occurred please try again later"? There is a try again button, but it does nothing.
    Should have tried the free version before buying the full version as it does not want to work for me. Even did a restart of my Playbook, same thing?

When I close and reopen the app, I can see my playlist that I created, but nothing happens, I wait and get "network error"?

I can log into youtube using my playbook browser and play videos and hear the sound, so not an issue with my network. Not the best $0.99 I've spent I'll try it at home tonight and see what happens.

I'm getting the same error when on my home wifi network. Works on my work wifi though. Very strange.

The developer is looking into this problem.
    laserx likes this.
    06-02-11 12:32 PM
    laserx, that's very strange - I haven't had any real problems with this app thus far, and I've been using it pretty extensively for the past day. I'm sorry you paid for a program that isn't working for you. Did you restart your PB and see if that helped? If you can't get to to work, try emailing the developer. Their email address can be found on the Music Master app page in AW at the top right corner ("Support"). Let us know how it works out!
    laserx likes this.
    06-02-11 12:33 PM
    Bought the full version last night, and it's great. I had a few emails back and forth with the developer, who was very receptive to comments, criticism, and ideas for future updates. Anyone who hasn't already, post a rating and comment in App World so the dev will continue working on it. The concept of this app is great because it's so simple, and the execution is very well done. Hope to see more intuitive apps like this for the PlayBook!
    How did you find the developers email, I'd like to figure out why this will not work for me?
    06-02-11 12:43 PM
    How did you find the developers email, I'd like to figure out why this will not work for me?
    It's [email protected]
    laserx likes this.
    06-02-11 12:50 PM
    laserx, that's very strange - I haven't had any real problems with this app thus far, and I've been using it pretty extensively for the past day. I'm sorry you paid for a program that isn't working for you. Did you restart your PB and see if that helped? If you can't get to to work, try emailing the developer. Their email address can be found on the Music Master app page in AW at the top right corner ("Support"). Let us know how it works out!
    Thanks, yes it is very strange, as it load lists I ask for and makes plays lists, just goes to "network error" as soon as you want to actually start to play one of your list....yes, I created a couple just in case, but they all hang for a minute then the error.
    06-02-11 12:52 PM
    I'm getting the same error when on my home wifi network. Works on my work wifi though. Very strange.

The developer is looking into this problem.
    I'll be happy if it works on my home network...not a big issue if it does not work at the office....other than to show off my playbook to my employees.
    06-02-11 01:24 PM
    This is an awesome app.
    06-02-11 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the tip guys! Can't wait to get home and try it
    06-02-11 02:30 PM
    After my trial of the free app I have just made the purchase and loving it. 100% awesome app. Search is great. Very user friendly design. I just wish the videos were truly full screen when you select them.

So far is working faultless with WIFI and Tethering
    06-02-11 08:06 PM
    After my trial of the free app I have just made the purchase and loving it. 100% awesome app. Search is great. Very user friendly design. I just wish the videos were truly full screen when you select them.

So far is working faultless with WIFI and Tethering
    I'm so jealous of those of you who have it working. I've now tried it on 3 different ISP's and 3 different routers...just hangs!

I have been in touch with the developer (I checked him out, he has a ton of apps out there, all rated 5 stars for other platforms) he is very responsive and wants to fix the problem. Just makes no sense to me. I'll continue to work with him to try and figure this one out. It seems to be an outstanding app...when it's working.
    06-03-11 11:59 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD