Hi All - I installed the OS6 version Bell released on my Pearl and immediately downgraded due to a huge memory problem. I went from 125mb down to 70. Is there any way to stop that from happening? Also, are there any good FREE OS6 themes - I really hate the layout on most of them.
    06-01-11 10:30 AM
    you want to end memory issues? go to v5. want a clean looking interface? v5 - funny that most of popular themes are to make v6 look like v5.

v5=xp
    v6=vista
    qnx=window 7/8

imo
    06-01-11 12:23 PM
    I'll stick with the version I have then. I don't like V6's interface. It's not very user friendly. I'm pretty good at navigating around a phone and IMO, anyhow who gets a BB with V6 on it, is going to be SOO confused for a very long time.
    06-01-11 01:43 PM
    yep, its tedious at best to use - the horizontal areas to drop into areas are a nightmare, esp on a smaller device. oh wait, they are all small devices lol. love being able to make camera adjustments on the fly vs drilling down but that is about the only advantage I can see for me at least. everytime I pick up my gfs 9780 I want to toss it out the window. again, its vista
    06-01-11 02:04 PM
    i dont mind the os6 took some getting used to but find it effective. memory issues are solved by daily reboots. youd be surprised how little memory you actually need.

i was thinking the updated os was oddly timed with the release of new phones. memory hogging os might slow things down a bit making you think you need a new phone
    Last edited by Guyzer; 09-21-11 at 05:04 AM. Reason: im waiting for qnx
    09-21-11 05:03 AM
    You defiantly need a new phone if you want to use the latest OS
    09-26-11 10:02 AM
    Under os5 I had 100mb, after converting to os6 that dropped to 60mb within a few days that would further drop into 30's. After battery pulls I now start in the mid 50's, which starts dropping within the hour.

I've also noticed the backlight doesn't dim in darker environments, it's easy to read when you have good lighting. When it's dark, it's like starring into a headlight. Profiles also don't switch to normal & silent using the "#" key, which was something I use frequently. Instead your offered the option to assign a speed dial to the vary key.

I was perfectly happy with os5, under os6 the browser loads quicker, better and scrolls more fluidly. My memory issues outweigh my internet use and I'll be downgrading back to 5.0.0.748 when I can.
    11-07-11 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD