I have been a long BB user. I currently have the 9650, but am thinking about switching to the EVO 4G. Here's what I do (or would like to do) with my phone:

Email (2 accounts)
    Text message
    Heavy contact user (600 contacts with full information)
    Heavy calendar user
    Third party apps (not a lot of games, mostly news apps, social networking apps)

I am a huge MS Outlook user for my calendar on my PC. Don't like the calendar feature on BB, and haven't found any third party apps to my liking. BBM while nice, isn't really used all that much.

I'm not sure I'm a true power BB user, and think maybe I'd be better served by the EVO. But since this isn't an impuse, I'd like to hear what others think of my situation.

Thanks for your help.
    06-01-11 06:06 AM
    You want an Evo 4G I'd recommend the Evo 3D. It just came out and is a year newer.

If you don't like Android return your phone before the end of the month and trade it back. It shouldn't be a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 06:08 AM
    For me, Android is definitely much better if you are looking for a mixture of both world (leisure and business). If solely on business, BB is much better.
    06-01-11 06:28 AM
    Well I've been on the fence about this same question for a little while. I had been using the Blackberry Bold 9700 then had to switch to Sprint last year and tried the Samsung Epic. After the 30 day period with the Epic I switched over to the Bold 9650.

The number one reason I gave up on the Epic was battery life. I have some pretty busy days where I am at school/flight lessons from 0700 to 2200. The Epic was almost never able to last through that long of a day before the battery died. The second reason was the lack of a good calendar/to-do application. I have actually found some Agenda applications for Blackberry I really like, however Android is much more limited in this category and I never found a suitable solution. Finally, I also use MS Outlook on my home computer to keep track of calendars and appointments. Android has no easy way of syncing with Outlook, they instead are integrated with Google calendar and use the 'cloud' concept. I finally found a work around for this using some expensive software but it was clunky.

That being said I love the nice big screen on the Epic/Evo and the better multimedia experience. Web browsing was obviously a better experience with the large touch screen. The app store is starting to become pretty good as well.

In summary Android didn't work for me because: 1. limited battery life 2. lack of suitable 3rd party Agenda applications 3. no MS Outlook sync easily

Here pretty soon I may try one more time to switch over to Android though, with the new Motorola XPRT. It has a blackberry form factor, front keyboard but with a larger touchscreen on top. Hopefully the battery life is acceptable on it.
    06-01-11 06:31 AM
    06-01-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD