The new version of MyCart! Pro is nearly ready!
    For those of you that don't know of MyCart, it is a feature rich list app for BlackBerry with both free and paid versions.

MyCart - Productivity BlackBerry Software
    MyCart! Pro - Productivity BlackBerry Software

There have been a few issues with OS6 and I've been busy with University and unable to update it.
    I am pleased to announce that the beta of the new version "MyCart! Pro 3" is ready to test!

If you wish to try out the new beta,
    • Email [email protected] and ask to join the beta for MyCart! Pro 3 and state your device model and PIN.
    • Leave a post here as well so that if your email is caught by any spam filters I know to double check for any lost emails.

I will start to email folk back on Thursday or Friday of this week.

Due to certain new aspects of MyCart this app is OS6 Only for the time being. I am unsure whether I will be adding OS5 support considering OS7 is on the horizon; along with a new age of BlackBerry phones which may result in OS5 support being a bit redundant if most devices will be either OS6 or OS7.

It still has all the same great features that everyone loved as well as some improved and new features.
    (CSV Export has not yet been implemented)

Changelog from version 2.x to 3.0:
    [Pros]
    • Font is your Device Font (Screenshots do not reflect the font you will see)
    • Always On List Searching (Free & Pro)
    • Automatic List Restore (Free & Pro)
    • Automatic Backup now stored on SDCard (Free & Pro)
    • New Backup Format
    • Improved UI for a New Look & Simple Navigation (Free & Pro)
    • Improved Overall Performance (Free & Pro)
    • Completely re-written code (Free & Pro)
    • No Ads on free version

[Cons]
    • OS6 Only (Free & Pro)
    • New Activation Key Required (Pro Only)
    • Removed Color Customisation (Deemed Redundant. May return.) (Free & Pro)
    • Device to Device Sync Removed until next update. (Planning and preparing a much better sync feature)

[SCREENSHOTS]

Last edited by GeniusDev; 06-02-11 at 06:49 AM.
    05-31-11 07:11 AM
    I sent you an email, and would like to test it
    05-31-11 07:16 AM
    I'd love to test it out. Sent you an email.
    05-31-11 12:03 PM
    Interested, Sent Email
    05-31-11 10:04 PM
    Thanks for volunteering to test! You should have received an email by now with a download link and activation key.

If you didn't receive an email or had problems activating let me know.

There has been a bit of a low response to this beta. Was wondering if anybody else would be willing to help me out?

If I get this app polished off it will be my first app in BlackBerry App World when it is ready!

Plus it will give me good exposure for commercial BlackBerry work. Right now it is just a hobby while I'm at University to further solidify my understanding of Software Development and its entire life cycle.

Everything I have learned at University in the past year has gone in to making this new version of the app!
    (By past year I mean my 3rd year of University, I start my 4th/final year in October and hoping to get a few apps out by then)
    Last edited by GeniusDev; 06-01-11 at 05:24 PM.
    06-01-11 05:21 PM
    Ok, I received the email. I will do some testings then get back with details.
    06-01-11 10:37 PM
    I'd enjoy testing this for you
    06-02-11 04:47 AM
    I'd enjoy testing this for you
    Awesome! Send me an email (email address is in first post) with your device PIN and I'll email you the download link and an activation key.
    06-02-11 05:50 AM
    I'm happy to report that so far I've only been told of small cosmetic issues and no major bugs.

I nearly have an update ready. To test the integrity of the backups on other devices, when the update is ready it would be best if you delete MyCart first and then install the new version from the OTA link.

This will ensure that any items saved on the BlackBerry memory is erased and will force MyCart to look for and load the backup file.

Before doing this, ensure that you have a MyCartBackup.txt file on your SDCard or Device Memory. SDCard is default but the app will fall back to Device Memory if you don't have an SDCard.

You will receive an email when the update is ready.
    06-02-11 05:54 AM
    I noticed that I forgot to include the change log in the email I sent about the update. I have pasted it here for those that may be curious.

Change log 2.9.3 to 2.9.6:
    - Fixed
    -- Cost not updating after changing price and/or quantity.
    -- Item field's Cost location when screen was rotated.
    -- Search bar so that letters are capitalised after holding down a key.
    -- Flagged Items will now show "Unflag" in the Menu after items have been flagged.
    - Added
    -- Enter key makes Add Item popup from Search bar as well as a button.
    -- Keyboard shortcuts to Menu for easy reference.
    -- Options Screen with Manual Restore button and Destroy Data button.
    - Removed
    -- JavaCafe icon from About screen.
    - Other various minor fixes.

Changes to come:
    - New icons? (Is a possibility and not yet final).
    - Searching will hide Items and not just grey them out.
    06-02-11 12:32 PM
    All beta testers should have received an email by now about the update from 2.9.6 to 2.9.8

If you never received this email, email me and I'll will send it again.

Be sure to check your junk mail folders just in case.
    06-06-11 05:20 AM
    I uninstalled 296 before installing 298. Installed fine. When I started 298 it didn't ask for activation key. At bottom of main screen it says the trial expires on June 14th. Is this normal? I don't see anywhere in the program I can enter the activation key.
    06-06-11 08:35 PM
    I uninstalled 296 before installing 298. Installed fine. When I started 298 it didn't ask for activation key. At bottom of main screen it says the trial expires on June 14th. Is this normal? I don't see anywhere in the program I can enter the activation key.
    Once you've activated the app once, you don't need to activate it again unless you wipe your phone, update your OS or replace your phone.

Yes the trial expiry is there until final release so that the beta app cannot be released in to the wild before its actual release date.
    06-07-11 06:14 AM
    Changelog 2.9.8 to 2.9.9:
    - UI Cleanup & Icon Fixing (App will be a slightly smaller size again)
    - Improved Check for Update and launches browser if Update Now selected
    - Other Minor Bug Fixes
    06-08-11 02:45 PM
    Another update is out. Changelog below as always.

Changelog 2.9.9 to 3.0.0:
    - Removed Expiry
    - Added Uncheck All to List Screen
    - Added Import CSV File* on Home Screen
    - Minor bug fixes

A little note about MyCart! Pro 3: The main purpose of this new version is to support newer BlackBerry OS's and improve code maintainability and stability.

It was written from scratch with these main aspects in mind. If you were looking for a spew of fantastic but unstable features then you will have to try another app.

After this releases I plan on adding more features slowly but surely in incremental steps unlike previous versions of MyCart, (I still had a lot to learn when it was first written). This will ensure a highly stable, fast and cleanly written app that is easily expandable with new features without becoming slow/laggy or problematic.
    06-09-11 01:27 PM
    The beta for 'MyCart! Pro' is now finished and all testers have been informed.

I'll make an announcement at some point when the app has been approved on BlackBerry App World!
    06-12-11 07:58 AM
    06-13-11 07:36 AM
    Is anybody using MyCart! Pro on OS 7 yet?

Does it work well?
    08-18-11 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD