Has anyone else updated to the latest foursquare only for it not to work.

Yesterday I downloaded 1.9.93 via App world and installed it on my Torch (9800/6.0.0.570). The app went through the connection check, logged me in and that's as far as it goes. The usual display screen is blank, no matter how long it's left it won't bring up any details. It's impossible to check in as it won't bring up any venues.

I performed a battery pull, re-tried and still the same. I edited the permissions to all allow, another battery pull and still the same. I un-installed the app, battery pull, then downloaded from the foursquare website, checked for correct permissions, battery pull then run the app and still the same.

All I get is logged in and then shown the usual screen with the blue bar at the top empty and the white screen beneath the check-in and shout buttons empty.

Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone else have an OTA link for a previous version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 05:06 AM
    Using a 9700 and the new version no issues. My only complaint though is that it keeps giving me the orange thing saying I have contacts that are not added as friends in foursquare. Well, duh, there's a reason for that *shaking head*
    05-31-11 06:19 AM
    I'm using a 9700 as well with the latest update of 4sq. It is definately worse at finding locations. When I manually search for a venue not in the list, it never finds it. I'm probably going to downgrade

05-31-11 06:46 AM
    I have had no problems with the new version.

9650 6.0.0.524

05-31-11 07:42 AM
    I am running the new version on S2, no issues. Only problem I see is it keeps trying to add some of my friends on my contacts list to my foursquare list.
    05-31-11 10:10 AM
    Worst version by far. Unable to load venues, friend's details, my profile, badges, check-in history. Everything just says "Loading". I'm using a 9700 OS 6.0.0.576

05-31-11 10:15 AM
    I'm also having problems. Connection checked, logged in, but in the home screen it just says "Loading Recent Check-Ins" and that was it.

I'm on 9780/6.0.0.570
    05-31-11 10:21 AM
    I'm also having problems. Connection checked, logged in, but in the home screen it just says "Loading Recent Check-Ins" and that was it.

I'm on 9780/6.0.0.570
    That's exactly it. Over to foursquare to fix this issue or provide an OTA for the version we upgraded from.
    05-31-11 10:29 AM
    An OTA link to downgrade would be great. For now, it will keep finding my location with the cell tower location instead of the gps, it's faster, but inaccurate...

1.9.90 was the best so far, it only add that annoying contact notice "problem", there's a reason why the maid is in my contact list on the phone but not on my friends list, it's a location app!!!
    05-31-11 10:50 AM
    All of the 1.9.9x gave me the same problem...

My best version that worked well without any problems is the 1.9.85

05-31-11 11:04 AM
    Seems to work well on my 9700 running OS 5.0. The only thing I'm noticing is the location seems to be off a bit. I'm not sure if it's cell tower...or GPS. It's as if it's too close for cell tower; too far for GPS. I went into the application permissions and made sure everything was set to "allow" and then did a battery pull. Same thing.

It used to put my work location within about 17 meters (so under 100'). It's now telling me I'm 1774 feet from work.
    05-31-11 11:39 AM
    I miss the recent history it used to have for our own profile. Hope they bring that back.
    05-31-11 11:40 AM
    For those having issues, did you try logging off then doing a battery pull then re-logging in.
    05-31-11 12:10 PM
    For those having issues, did you try logging off then doing a battery pull then re-logging in.
    Just tried that, it only worked once. After exiting the app and opening it again, everything goes back to loading.

05-31-11 01:30 PM
    Seems to be working fine for me. I'm on .570
    05-31-11 04:00 PM
    Battery pulls, app permissions, log out/in, uninstall and reinstall.

The app is just a dud. Not quite sure how the version increase with inbuilt regression each time is progress.

The first foursquare app I downloaded worked perfectly, then came the upgrade where you couldn't add a venue, the fix to that slowed down the whole check-in process and now an app that does absolutely nothing.

If I can get far enough into this dud app I will try and submit a help request with foursquare.
    05-31-11 04:23 PM
    I thought I was the only one experiencing these issues. It deff sucks at looking up venues and when you search for it, it brings up the same exact venues from when I searched in the first place. Last version was way better
    05-31-11 10:32 PM
    sometimes i found exit app first then enter the app again.. bringing it back to alive!
    06-01-11 02:10 AM
    sometimes i found exit app first then enter the app again.. bringing it back to alive!
    That's something I had to do with the previous version occasionally but this one makes no difference what I do, it does nothing.

Did manage to get far enough in yesterday to get the logs and email an error report to foursquare so will see what they get back to me with.

I'll keep you updated.
    06-01-11 05:03 AM
    I've got problems with 1.9.93 on a 9800 Torch.

After upgrade I couldn't check in.

I checked permissions (all were set correctly), and did a battery pull.

Then I couldn't sign in. It would get stuck on the black screen with the foursquare logo in the middle, saying "signing in...." at the top. If I exited from there, I could no longer launch the app at all without a battery pull.

Now today, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and cannot even get past the connection check screen.

It's completely broken.
    06-01-11 12:16 PM
    Had an email reply from Foursquare acknowledging that this build has been an issue for some Blackberry users.

If this build is not working for you then check out www.foursquare.com/blackberry/alpha and download the latest version.
    06-01-11 05:59 PM
    Yep, I received the same e-mail too. Version 1.9.94 is now available and it seems to be working for me!

06-01-11 06:30 PM
    1.9.93 on a torch 9800 here and can not find location anymore. GPS working fine in Google Maps though.
    Previous version was working fine. Why did I update ? Whyyyy ?!

Anyone knows where we can download previous versions ?
    06-01-11 07:39 PM
    New version out and greatly improves the GPS issues. Also, it has that lil bar as well saying only 1 contact in my phone is using Foursquare. Before, it used to say 8. So so far, so good
    06-01-11 09:36 PM
    I just dl'd .94. GPS is actually worse on my 9700. Instead of being 1700 feet off...it's now 2500 feet off.

Any idea how I can get the version previous to .93 back?
    06-02-11 07:42 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD