I have had my Playbook for a couple weeks now and so far really like the UI. Like most, I'm anxiously awaiting OS updates. One thing I've noticed is the pics that are taken with the camera. Although they are decent, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do with them. I don't see any way to email them, send them to facebook or any other useful thing. Am I missing something?
    05-30-11 11:14 AM
    EDIT: It seems that my answer was not only wrong... but so wrong it wasn't even wrong any more. It was uber-wrong.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 05-30-11 at 12:53 PM.
    05-30-11 11:20 AM
    What do do beyond sharing-
    there are a couple of photo editing programs
    a freebee cropping program
    and'a a few apps that distort iMaGeS

yes ... you can email photos as attachment, there is a paperclip icon on top of the bridge message app
    Last edited by mandony; 05-30-11 at 11:33 AM.
    05-30-11 11:28 AM
    I uploaded some of mine to facebook, but not through the facebook app. I didn't see anywhere to do it on there. I just went to facebook on the pb browser and uploaded them just like you would on the home computer. Seemed to work well, no problems.
    nanddm98 likes this.
    05-30-11 12:43 PM
    on facebook right beside the box where you upadte status, theres an icon which allows you to upload pics
    anon(3415124) likes this.
    05-30-11 01:35 PM
    D'oh! Thanks for the heads up. I guess I didn't look very hard!
    05-30-11 06:11 PM
    you can email attachments in the browser, but that probably depends on each type of email account. I know you can attach pictures in AOL.

I just noticed you have a Blackberry. You can use bridge for BBM and email also.

Is this a legit question? Kind of doesnt seem that way.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-30-11 at 07:09 PM.
    05-30-11 07:01 PM
    you can use bluebox to upload them to the internet then do what you will with them.
    05-30-11 07:09 PM
    Just curious, what is it specifically you'd like to do with your photos taken on the PlayBook? Despite everything it is a fairly new device and OS so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before more custom apps are created to catch up with demand for capabilities to perform certain tasks.
    05-30-11 07:40 PM
    Neat thing about taking pix with the PB, you can take secret pictures 'cause the folk in front of you think you are playing with some kind'a portfolio
    05-30-11 08:50 PM
    thanks for the input. legit question. it just sticks them in storage and doesn't offer much in the way of manipulation. i toyed around using it through the facebook app. noticed there are pictures that show in my camera folder that don't show up when i ask to attach or send through Facebook. Must be a glitch. i wish you could rename the file and or move it without hooking up to the pc. thanks for the input.
    05-30-11 08:55 PM
    I was wondering this myself I just got the Playbook, and after a couple of days wanted to try out the camera take some pics and videos and show it off to my friends. I don't use facebook and I don't have a Blackberry phone, so after taking the pics I couldn't do anything with them on the device very disappointing. I don't want to have to go to my computer each time and move them over. I love how I can take pics with my ipod and email them straight from the device.

They should really have an app for handling email and sending attachments, would be a great way to promote it. Like how you always see those sent from ipad, iphone, ipod messages on apple devices.
    05-30-11 09:45 PM
    thanks for the input. legit question. it just sticks them in storage and doesn't offer much in the way of manipulation. i toyed around using it through the facebook app. noticed there are pictures that show in my camera folder that don't show up when i ask to attach or send through Facebook. Must be a glitch. i wish you could rename the file and or move it without hooking up to the pc. thanks for the input.
    You can, grab AIR Browser (or one of the other) file managers that allow you to browse and rename files.
    05-31-11 02:04 AM
    I was wondering this myself I just got the Playbook, and after a couple of days wanted to try out the camera take some pics and videos and show it off to my friends. I don't use facebook and I don't have a Blackberry phone, so after taking the pics I couldn't do anything with them on the device very disappointing. I don't want to have to go to my computer each time and move them over. I love how I can take pics with my ipod and email them straight from the device.

They should really have an app for handling email and sending attachments, would be a great way to promote it. Like how you always see those sent from ipad, iphone, ipod messages on apple devices.
    You have access to the whole web.. Aside from emailing pics from your iPod what do you do with them?

Twitpic, Picasa, smugmug, image shack..

Whatever you want to do with your pics is available to you. You can edit them through an app like TouchUp Pro.. or even through the browser on sites like Pixlr.com / Pixlr-o-matic .. whatever you would do normally with your pics you can do on the PlayBook.

Seems like most people wondering what to do with their pics never move beyond "there is no app, so I can't do anything".. try experimenting for once, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    05-31-11 02:07 AM
    You have access to the whole web.. Aside from emailing pics from your iPod what do you do with them?

Twitpic, Picasa, smugmug, image shack..

Whatever you want to do with your pics is available to you. You can edit them through an app like TouchUp Pro.. or even through the browser on sites like Pixlr.com / Pixlr-o-matic .. whatever you would do normally with your pics you can do on the PlayBook.

Seems like most people wondering what to do with their pics never move beyond "there is no app, so I can't do anything".. try experimenting for once, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    All I really do with them is edit a bit and email. I love doing it all from the device. The camera is so good I don't really need to edit them which is great, but I do however want to be able to email them. Which you cannot do and it's a shame, because I don't want to wait until I get back to a computer or I'll forget by the time I do. Such a simple function and really helps to promote the device yet it can't do it.
    06-03-11 11:08 PM
    "We don't NEED an App for that."

You can attach and upload in the browser, like we have already said. You can even add a signature saying it was sent from your Playbook.
    06-03-11 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD