Problem started early today. It starts to update for a few seconds, but stops. Anyone else having problems with Viigo not updating?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 05:49 PM
    Me too, in 2 BB (9700 and 9000), viigo is not getting any feeds
    05-29-11 02:44 AM
    Not working for me either. Same conditions on UK Vodafone. (Bold 9000 v4.7ish) Tried a reinstall and it managed to pull down "Whats new with Viigo" threads (with the lastest being the RIM buyout notice.) Hopefully just a temporary failure. Viigo has been rock solid for me for at least two years.
    Last edited by teabloke; 05-29-11 at 06:43 AM.
    05-29-11 06:40 AM
    So far I did a battery pull, I uninstalled and re-installed the app. After re-install, I login and my correct channels load, they just don't update. The weird thing is that if I update a single channel manually, once in a great while I can get a single channel to update and that is it. I wonder if RIM is shutting down the Viigo server and migrating everything over to the new BlackBerry News Feeds.
    05-29-11 10:45 AM
    ok, so i'm not the only one. What I will do without my news for the day?

from my PB
    05-29-11 11:24 AM
    ok, so i'm not the only one. What I will do without my news for the day?

from my PB
    You can always use BlackBerry News Feeds. You can download via App World and migrate all your channels from Viigo to BlackBerry News Feeds. BlackBerry News Feed takes a little getting used to, but works pretty good also.

05-29-11 01:49 PM
    At this point I just wish there was something official whether or not there is a server problem or if it is getting shutdown.

05-29-11 01:51 PM
    My wife was asking me today what was up with viigo.

May just have to download new feeds for her :-(
    05-29-11 08:26 PM
    RIM is planning to get rid of Viigo in August anyway. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/exc...1-more-592356/
    05-29-11 08:50 PM
    I found it works if you manually update 1 channel at a time. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon...

05-30-11 03:09 AM
    For OS6 users there's built in Social Feeds. The only thing I find Viigo is better than Social Feeds is in Flights and Travel section. Although there is BlackBerry Travel app, I think it's better to have them both integrated.
    05-31-11 01:58 AM
    Set to auto update when a channel is opened and it seems to work

05-31-11 03:10 AM
    No new news here. I experienced the outage also on the 28th. Updating singe channels works for me. Tried BB News for a bit, though Viigo was more comfortable, w.r.t. seeing more news per page (BB9000) (single line display rather than multi.
    05-31-11 06:46 AM
    Yeah same here for several days. I hope Viigo stays, it works (usually) BB Newsfeeds is ugly!

05-31-11 07:08 AM
    I am having the same issue as well. Has anyone reached out to RIM to ask about Viigo? I know there was some vague EOL reference in a software roadmap, but I am holding out hope they will keep it going in some form.
    05-31-11 10:16 AM
    No dice here either. I can't get an update; either via "update all channels" or trying individually.

I downloaded the BlackBerry News Feeds app and it seems to work well so far. I've only loaded 6 or so feeds. I do wish you could rename the feeds though. I liked that in viigo. It allowed me to arrange(by renaming) all my feeds so I could read the "Automotive" ones first...."tech" ect....
    05-31-11 11:42 AM
    Issue I noticed today too. Hope it is resolved soon. Don't need to leard another program.
    05-31-11 07:29 PM
    I had to stop using Viigo a couple of weeks back. It refused to pull through certain RSS feeds (which others had no issues with) then slowly stopped dragging in stories.

What makes it worse I cannot seem to get Blackberry News Feed here in the UK for my 8520 (on Virgin network).
    06-01-11 05:48 AM
    When pulling a few channel URLs from Viigo to the BB NewsFeeds app, I had some channels update. But they only upated feeds from last week. Odd.
    06-01-11 06:36 AM
    This stopped working for me as well. I can update some feeds manually, most just stay blank. I was tempted and downloaded the BlackBerry News app, but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I could change my mind if I didn't have to confirm each time I deleted a single post.
    06-01-11 09:52 AM
    This stopped working for me as well. I can update some feeds manually, most just stay blank. I was tempted and downloaded the BlackBerry News app, but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I could change my mind if I didn't have to confirm each time I deleted a single post.
    I think the BB News app is like an updated version of Viigo. The pics are a bit bigger, shortcut keys work and you get a "logo" next to each feed that matches the website.

Only thing it doesn't do is set the number of feeds you like to have at one time. Hope this doesn't clog up memory.
    06-01-11 11:47 AM
    Mine stopped the other day as well. I was able to update most feeds one channel at a time. By doing so I actually found out that some of my feeds have not been automatically updating since March or so.

I've tried the Blackberry Reader but didn't like it nearly as much as Viigo. Hopefully I won't be forced to switch.
    06-01-11 12:29 PM
    For those with older handset and not in America or Canada (so unable to get Blackberrys newer rss offerings) you can try the "xprss" app which is free via the app store. I copy and pasted my links within my handset from Viigo and it works well. Hope this is useful.
    06-01-11 04:04 PM
    Same problem with Viigo since 5-28-2011 )BB 9700 Movistar SV(
    06-01-11 11:18 PM
    Set to auto update when a channel is opened and it seems to work

Did the same thing and it works for most of my feeds but some are just dead. Thinking Viigo is on its way out. If it is we can thank RIM for that.

06-02-11 02:17 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD