So, tomorrow I will be switching from my BB Torch to a white Iphone 3GS 32 GB. I am so scared to switch, it's ridiculous lol. I am a heavy email users and mange many attachments that involve music files. How good is the Iphone as far as managing media attachments and what are some good music apps to purchase? I am a producer and found that the iphone is much more media friendly and will probably be the best phone to work with. Any input peple?
    05-27-11 09:18 PM
    If you dont like it, return it. Done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 09:35 PM
    It is a multimedia device and with the music apps that are in the app store, I'm sure it can benefit you a lot. I'm just not certain if it will handle the music attachments in the emails you might get. Only one way to find out, test it out for a couple tests and see if it does everything that the torch is capable of.

05-28-11 12:25 AM
    It is a multimedia device and with the music apps that are in the app store, I'm sure it can benefit you a lot. I'm just not certain if it will handle the music attachments in the emails you might get. Only one way to find out, test it out for a couple tests and see if it does everything that the torch is capable of.

Right, I've heard the music apps for Iphone are top notch and also that the push email is either hit or miss depending on who you use for e-mail. I just hope i'm not going to miss the great push e-mail that my BB had. It's just going to be an interesting transition.
    05-28-11 08:48 AM
    I made the switch recently also. I've had a BB for a few years and was a heavy e-mail user. I just wanted something new and different. I even switched carriers to get to the iPhone. It's different that's for sure. No more ability to save things to an sd card and move it around. But, you know I haven't really missed it. I had even gone Android but went back to BB. I've switched for good now though. Yes, it's different and some things take getting used to, including not getting e-mails as instantly as I'm used to, but you know my quality of life has probably improved as a result!! I've found it to be really easy to use too. Much easier to dial a number now that the number keys are bigger than the head of a pin. I'm not a BB hater by any means and if I had to stay with the BB I'd have been happy, but the iPhone is new and different and I like it so far.
    05-28-11 06:35 PM
    This is my first and last post on these forums. I've had three Blackberrys curve storm and tour, over the years the improvements has been so minuscule that I finally decided to jump ship. I got the Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and love it. RIM could really learn a thing or two if they bought a few. Mobile me just adds to the amazing experience. I'm extremely satisfied and will never look back, just like how I ditched my sidekick and switched to BlackBerry. Goodbye headaches, and discontinued support after one new version of the OS comes out.
    05-30-11 07:38 PM
    This is my first and last post on these forums. I've had three Blackberrys curve storm and tour, over the years the improvements has been so minuscule that I finally decided to jump ship. I got the Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and love it. RIM could really learn a thing or two if they bought a few. Mobile me just adds to the amazing experience. I'm extremely satisfied and will never look back, just like how I ditched my sidekick and switched to BlackBerry. Goodbye headaches, and discontinued support after one new version of the OS comes out.
    Wow, you made two posts. One was your first and the other, your last. Goodbye.
    05-30-11 07:44 PM
    I've never used an iphone until recently. My mom was obsessive about the white iphone 4 despite having no real need for any of it's features other than using it in an emergency and sending me countless text messages. I set the thing up along with a wireless router for home use. She loves it, I don't. I just cant get used to typing on glass and am not much of an app user, what bb has is sufficient for me. To each his/her own.
    05-30-11 08:22 PM
    I've never used an iphone until recently. My mom was obsessive about the white iphone 4 despite having no real need for any of it's features other than using it in an emergency and sending me countless text messages. I set the thing up along with a wireless router for home use. She loves it, I don't. I just cant get used to typing on glass and am not much of an app user, what bb has is sufficient for me. To each his/her own.
    How long have you tried it? I actually use Smart Keyboard on my Droid and it's a very iPhone-esque keyboard but the keyboard on the iPhone is just amazing, and I think it has to do with the quality of the screen more than anything.
    05-31-11 04:03 AM
    How long have you tried it? I actually use Smart Keyboard on my Droid and it's a very iPhone-esque keyboard but the keyboard on the iPhone is just amazing, and I think it has to do with the quality of the screen more than anything.
    I was visiting her for 10 days. I never really did that much typing but I'm so used to the form factor of the bb I don't see myself switching. I'm by no means a bb snob, I'm sure iphone does wonderful things it's just that for my usage I found that bb does what I need it to do more efficiently which is email and txt. Also, I'm hard of hearing and use hearing aids, berry buzz LED notifications are essential for me.
    05-31-11 10:34 AM
    I was visiting her for 10 days. I never really did that much typing but I'm so used to the form factor of the bb I don't see myself switching. I'm by no means a bb snob, I'm sure iphone does wonderful things it's just that for my usage I found that bb does what I need it to do more efficiently which is email and txt. Also, I'm hard of hearing and use hearing aids, berry buzz LED notifications are essential for me.
    Well the LED notifications are very understandable, esp. if you use bright colors.
    06-07-11 12:30 PM
    So, tomorrow I will be switching from my BB Torch to a white Iphone 3GS 32 GB. I am so scared to switch, it's ridiculous lol. I am a heavy email users and mange many attachments that involve music files. How good is the Iphone as far as managing media attachments and what are some good music apps to purchase? I am a producer and found that the iphone is much more media friendly and will probably be the best phone to work with. Any input peple?
    I know I'm a little late but you should have gotten an iPhone 4. The 3GS will be an end of life device as soon as the next iPhone is released this fall, hence the $49 price. Either way you're better off without Blackberry.
    Last edited by JD914; 06-07-11 at 01:55 PM.
    06-07-11 01:53 PM
    Well, I drank the koolaid about a month ago. With Verizon getting the iphone and my contract up, I upgraded my tour to an Iphone. It took me a few days to get everything squared away but once I did, I really didn't know what I was missing. This gadget can do just about everything. I find myself using far more often than my BB. I do miss the keyboard but with memory training, I can get the touch screen keyboard to work almost as well. And as far as apps, picts, and music, my BB can't touch this. And they make an app for just about everything.
    06-07-11 03:59 PM
    I'm waiting for the expected arrival of the iPhone 4S this summer/fall to make a decision on whether to switch from BB. I really want a global phone, and since the Verizon 4S has been announced as global, it will be very tempting, especially with an upgrade waiting!

06-07-11 05:08 PM
    I'm waiting for the expected arrival of the iPhone 4S this summer/fall to make a decision on whether to switch from BB. I really want a global phone, and since the Verizon 4S has been announced as global, it will be very tempting, especially with an upgrade waiting!

Nothing of that matter or anything else about the next iPhone release has been announced by Apple.
    06-07-11 08:29 PM
    I know I'm a little late but you should have gotten an iPhone 4. The 3GS will be an end of life device as soon as the next iPhone is released this fall, hence the $49 price. Either way you're better off without Blackberry.
    Well, the 3GS is my inrtoduction to the IPhone and I got a pretty good deal on it to, seeing as I bought the phone outright from a private seller. I paid $200 for a 32 gb white 3GS. I have quite awhile till my upgrade with AT&T so I will stick with the 3GS for awhile, then once my upgrade comes around I will most likely upgrade to Iphone 4 or 5.
    06-08-11 04:12 AM
    I just made a switch from my Bold 9650 to the iPhone 4 on Friday and while there are a number of things that I miss, I don't quite think that there's enough to make me go back just yet. If there's something groundbreaking going on for RIM by the time I'm able to upgrade in two years then hey, great, I'll check it out. For right now I'm so in love with the iPhone.

And like they said above, if you don't like it you could always return/sell it but it's kind of hard not to like!
    06-08-11 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD