I'm stumped. I saw this issue in a couple other threads and on the blackberry website but I have not found a solution. Every time I try to buy an app on appworld for my playbook it rejects it stating �Error ID 10000�. I have tried 3 different credit cards and would really like to buy a couple apps one of these days. Has anyone experienced this and if so have you found a solution?
    05-27-11 05:17 PM
    Yes, I had that...
    It happened because I was using the same Appworld credentials that I had originally used on my BB Storm and Torch. I spent a significant amount of time with RIM tech support and in the end I had to do a security wipe to create a new/different Blackberry ID. That fixed it but again, I had to wipe it and start from scratch...
    You cannot change the existing Blackberry ID unfortunately.
    05-27-11 06:07 PM
    Yes, I had that...
    It happened because I was using the same Appworld credentials that I had originally used on my BB Storm and Torch. I spent a significant amount of time with RIM tech support and in the end I had to do a security wipe to create a new/different Blackberry ID. That fixed it but again, I had to wipe it and start from scratch...
    You cannot change the existing Blackberry ID unfortunately.
    Thanks. That really sucks. Is it easy to do the wipe and reinstall the OS?
    05-27-11 06:59 PM
    Yes but I recommend calling RIM tech support just in case they found a work around.
    The wipe is super easy to do but a backup may be warranted...
    05-27-11 08:34 PM
    I'm stumped. I saw this issue in a couple other threads and on the blackberry website but I have not found a solution. Every time I try to buy an app on appworld for my playbook it rejects it stating �Error ID 10000�. I have tried 3 different credit cards and would really like to buy a couple apps one of these days. Has anyone experienced this and if so have you found a solution?
    There was another thread on this. Don't security wipe your PB it won't help. the issue is with RIM not help ehop then the answer is to use a Paypal account.
    05-27-11 08:43 PM
    I had the same issue and when I researched it the consensus seemed to be it was an issue with some cards with no fix. I used the PayPal option and that worked (with the same credit card).
    05-27-11 10:36 PM
    Well I hope it's easier for you. I could not use my credit card, or my Paypal. Tried several times.
    Definitely call support before making a rash decision. Again, they may have found a way around it since my issue 2 weeks ago.
    05-28-11 02:02 AM
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll call tech support.
    05-28-11 12:38 PM
    I spoke with tech support and they suggested the paypal work around. That did the trick but I also had the guy escalate it up a level because they really should get this fixed. He will be calling me back. If I learn anything new I'll post it here. Thanks again.
    05-28-11 04:04 PM
    Nothing works for me. Not a Swipe (just got a second new playbook) no go to buy an app. Not with fredit card, not with paypall, approved on my paypall site the RIM but nothing.

getting a little bit sick of that.
    08-21-11 03:49 PM
    Access you app world account from a PC, log in, then access you payment option and enter in the credit card info. Wait and hr and try again.

This is what finally worked for me. The trick seems to be changing your credit card info from a computer in app world first than wait an hr. for the changes to take effect with it attempting to log in before then.
    08-21-11 03:57 PM
    Bought my PB in November. Have had error 10000 and even with Support assistance no resolution has been possible to date. Support is hoping with the release of version 2.0 it will be solved. I suggested to Support to check the serial numbers of affected units to see if there is something in common.
    12-27-11 10:29 AM
    I'm also having the same issue and none of the solutions are working... I was able to buy apps a few months ago but I started getting this problem after i put my credit card on my girlfriends blackberry app world id.

I cant buy apps on my playbook but i can buy apps on my i pad.

RIM said there's nothing they can further suggest and they don't know when the problem will be resolved.

RIM will lose me as a customer if this issue is not solved soon...
    03-10-12 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD