Hi, just launched new file explorer app - My File Manager at only $1.99. My File Manager is an essential file explorer for your BlackBerry� PlayBook�, to manage files and folders in the /accounts/1000/shared folder and bridged SDCard folder.

1) SDCard - Support Bridged SDCard access.
    2) Photo Thumbnails - Tiled List view for easier photo organizing with photo thumbnails.
    3) File Size and Date - Detailed List view for detailed file's info with size and date.
    4) Hide File - Hide personal photos/documents while sharing your PlayBook's files to colleagues through Wi-fi Sharing.
    5) Password Protected - Password protected login to secure your hidden private and confidential files.
    6) Zip - Zip and Unzip archive files, Unzip password-protected file (simple symmetric encryption), and Zip file content list view.
    7) Storage Info - Status bar shows total folders/files, selected folders/files, total available storage space, and total file sizes.
    8) Open File - Launch registered app for file automatically by tap-and-hold action.
    9) Folder - Create new folder and delete folder.
    10) Files - Copy files, move files, delete files and rename file.
    11) Select All - Easy to select all files or de-select all files in folder.
    12) Sort By - Sort files ascending or descending by filename, size, and date.
    13) Hidden Photo Tumbnails - Able to hide or show thumbnail for hidden files.

Note:-
    - System files are blocked from view.
    - No photo thumbnails on Bridged SDCard files due to slow bluetooth bridge access.

Should you have any idea or features that you would like to have in file manager, please feel free to send us a request. Thanks for viewing!

Attachment 89304
    Attachment 89305
    Attachment 89306
    Attachment 89307
    Attachment 89308
    Attachment 89309
    Attachment 89310
    Last edited by jotey; 06-28-11 at 03:53 AM.
    05-27-11 06:51 AM
    UI looks really good, personally an FTP option built in would seal the deal
    05-27-11 07:03 AM
    good one 10characters
    05-27-11 07:11 AM
    What is a FTP ?
    05-27-11 08:56 AM
    Some of the compition added the ability to zip and unzip files, could be useful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 09:03 AM
    What is a FTP ?
    File Transfer Protocal: Allows you to tranfser files via dedicated connection from host to client, ex: your PC to PB over IP (Internet) so to speak.
    05-27-11 10:24 AM
    UI looks great. Price point is good. Give me FTP & WebDAV access and you have yourself a customer

Keep up the good work!
    05-27-11 10:45 AM
    Hi jotey!

All I can say is, About Time!

This is a great file management app, in my opinion. Smooth interface, thumbnails and many options. I've purchased all of the other file management apps but they have been uninstalled. Thank You!

Now, if you can add Bridged File support somehow and the ability to view and even open mutlimedia files, ie; pictures, music and maybe video files from a BB MicroSD card, that would be great. The I can buy my 32GB card and start loading all of my PC media onto it.

Definitely worth the price. Good job!
    05-27-11 12:13 PM
    This looks nicer than the other 3 I've used, thanks! Love the ability to hide files that's awesome! Please add zip/unzip if you can and it'll be perfect though it's 99.9% there and much better than the other apps, thanks again!
    Last edited by darkonex; 05-27-11 at 03:08 PM.
    05-27-11 03:01 PM
    Looks good.

Any chance of opening/playing a music file within the app.

Never mind. Figured it out.
    05-27-11 04:31 PM
    Also the ability to password protect it is a very welcome feature especially when you got kids and other prying eyes using the tablet, thanks again!
    05-27-11 04:43 PM
    I'd also like to see an option to attach and send a file via email directly from within the file manager app. Even after we get native email I would want it, but now its a particular need since the Bridge Mail app limits the types of files you can send, and even for those, it doesn't work yet.
    05-28-11 12:22 PM
    can you access files from your bridged phone?
    05-28-11 07:14 PM
    If the answer to this is "yes", then I think i found my file manager. There are a few little things that each of them do that the others don't (File Manager allows access to the SD card, this one lets you protect your files with hiding and passwords, and Air Browser is free cuz -you know- it should be built in); this one seems to be the most complete.
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 05-28-11 at 11:57 PM.
    05-28-11 11:32 PM
    What do you mean by "access". Apparently RIM thinks its sufficient access to just see the files and its overreaching for users to actually want to be able to open them, see whats inside, transfer, copy, etc., at least so far as "Bridge Files" works! I know the Upgrade to end all Upgrades is in the mail, but sometimes it feels like RIM is using incremental, spoon-fed upgrades just to taunt us!
    05-29-11 12:45 AM
    if someone could add "Dropbox" to one of these nice file manager apps we would definitely have a winner. I have tried this one and Air Browser and they are both quite good.
    05-29-11 06:23 AM
    What do you mean by "access". Apparently RIM thinks its sufficient access to just see the files and its overreaching for users to actually want to be able to open them, see whats inside, transfer, copy, etc., at least so far as "Bridge Files" works! I know the Upgrade to end all Upgrades is in the mail, but sometimes it feels like RIM is using incremental, spoon-fed upgrades just to taunt us!
    say i have a video or picture on my bb phone and i want to copy it to my pb so i can watch/see them natively on the pb without having to always bridge.
    05-31-11 01:15 PM
    Thanks for all valuable suggestions. We have submitted new 1.1.0 release that support Bridged SDCard access. Waiting for RIM approval.

We hope all of you will find this feature useful, please check the attached image. Thanks for your support, have a nice day

Attachment 87711
    05-31-11 09:17 PM
    Very nice app, could be a bit bigger. Am I getting old or everything seems terribly small ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hobie392 likes this.
    05-31-11 10:06 PM
    Thanks for all valuable suggestions. We have submitted new 1.1.0 release that support Bridged SDCard access. Waiting for RIM approval.

We hope all of you will find this feature useful, please check the attached image. Thanks for your support, have a nice day

Attachment 87711
    Can you actually play music and or movies from the SD card in your BlackBerry phone using this program?

I've got a 32GB SD card with over 1400 songs in my BB that I would love to be able to play through my PlayBook. If this app allows me to do that I'll buy it in a heartbeat!
    05-31-11 11:11 PM
    wow update to view SD card! now thats amazing!
    06-01-11 05:27 PM

Attachment 87711
    How about hidden or system files? Do these display?
    06-01-11 06:01 PM
    How about hidden or system files? Do these display?
    Why would you want to see system files?
    06-01-11 07:27 PM
    Why would you want to see system files?
    Why do I want to see system files? I don't know, but I own this Playbook and the files on it. In its current unfinished state, the PB is like a work-around machine. How many times over the years has it helped to see hidden and/or system files, when confronted by some intractable bug? As it stands now, you can't see and can't backup bookmarks even though they work perfectly well on the Playbook. The App World file managers can't see them either, so I wanted to try saving them to my PC through wifi file transfer (which works quite well) but of course I can't see them and I wanted to see if they were hidden or somehow filed as system files. Likely a waste of time but I'd like the option.
    06-01-11 11:00 PM
    How come I cannot see the video files (in .mp4) in the video folder? It shows that there is nothing there but I have more than 5 video files in that folder.
    06-02-11 12:06 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD