Ok so yea as the title says my bb keys started to stutter is this covered by warrenty my phone is only about a month old a just developed the stuttering problem a few days ago?

P.S. I'm sorry if there is a post already about this...I tried searching didn't find anything helpful and I don't have time to sift through all of the posts

Anyways thanks for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 10:10 PM
    P.S. I'm sorry if there is a post already about this...I tried searching didn't find anything helpful and I don't have time to sift through all of the posts
    You're not sorry and you didn't search, as your title clearly proves.

05-27-11 04:16 AM
    You are doomed to deal with your keypad for the rest of your life fore starting this thread without REALLY searching. There is little that has no been said concerning the 9780 keyboard, you were just too lazy to search!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-16-11 at 06:46 AM.
    xmen81 likes this.
    05-27-11 05:03 AM
    Ok so yea as the title says my bb keys started to stutter is this covered by warrenty my phone is only about a month old a just developed the stuttering problem a few days ago?

Anyways thanks for the help!

what did you search for?
    05-27-11 06:22 AM
    You're not sorry and you didn't search, as your title clearly proves.

The reason I named my thread this was because I knew that there were already posts about the key stutter issue. I did search and came up with the "how many users not experiencing the stuttering" or "stuttering problem solved" and I'm sorry that like I said in my original post I don't have time to sift through looking for posts on warrenty stuff, I do not want to attempt to repair my device my self either so some of those threadds where of no use to me. I really don't understand why anyone just couldn't answer the question either who cares if there is another thread about key stuttering look if the servers are getting full then yes I really don't care if a moderator deletes this thread. So really what diffrence does it make is it really going to effect everyones life so dramatically that there is another post on the key stutter issue, just now when I was coming to see my replies I saw a new one. Anyway it doesn't matter I already called my service provider and am getting a replacment.

05-27-11 06:54 AM
    I really don't understand why anyone just couldn't answer the question..........

Ummmmm for the same reason as yours, maybe. They didnot have the time to repeat the replies they gave in the other thread.
    05-27-11 07:12 AM
    Anyway it doesn't matter I already called my service provider and am getting a replacment.
    So a simple call to your service provider, and your question was answered.

No need to apologise, search, sift, or create another pointless thread
    05-27-11 07:20 AM
    check the link in my sig. problem solved.
    05-27-11 11:29 PM
    Ummmmm for the same reason as yours, maybe. They didnot have the time to repeat the replies they gave in the other thread.
    I do not mean to be rude, but I find it ironic how you are talking about having the time to post on this thread. If I recall correctly you took the time to search and link 7 threads here, was that really more time efficent for you to do than just typing 'yes its covered under warrenty' or if your so mad about this then why even post in the first place?

05-27-11 11:58 PM
    I do not mean to be rude, but I find it ironic how you are talking about having the time to post on this thread. If I recall correctly you took the time to search and link 7 threads here, was that really more time efficent for you to do than just typing 'yes its covered under warrenty' or if your so mad about this then why even post in the first place?

When did I say, I didnot have the time. I had the time, which is why I could link out 7 threads. You asked why others did not reply, upon which I reasoned that maybe they too didnot have the time to post again.

And I would have answered, if I knew what TELUS's policy of warranty was in the first place.
    Since I donot, I pointed out the 7 threads, which you could not find on your own.
    05-28-11 03:01 AM
    it should be covered under your 1 yr warranty on a new device. call them and see what their exchange policy is.
    05-28-11 04:31 PM
    Since I donot, I pointed out the 7 threads, which you could not find on your own.
    Who said anything about not being able to find the threads? I found them, I think any one has gone on crackberry in the last 5 months has seen them. I just wanted a thread on warranty stuff. Not voiding my warranty or repairing my own device, I have said this before.

Ok look I'll be the adult here (even though I'm 15) This has gone on long enough can we stop fighting now?
    05-28-11 10:29 PM
    So a simple call to your service provider, and your question was answered.

No need to apologise, search, sift, or create another pointless thread
    And yet another pointless comment from you. Surely one has better things to do than police every new thread, issuing pointless comments? Obviously not.

A simple question requires a simple answer. I love how people jump to reply to a new question by calling it pointless instead of offering an answer of any value whatsoever, and with emoticons no less. I honestly do not understand; does your post count really matter that much to you?

To answer the original poster's question: as you have already discovered, your 9780 is under warranty, as is the one that will be replacing it. If your new phone has a stuttering keyboard, send it back for another replacement. I had to send three 9780s back before my carrier suggested the 9800. I wasn't sure if I would like a Torch at first, but now I wish I would have just chosen one in the first place. Good luck with your new 9780. Hopefully it will be your last...
    Last edited by ligh7ning; 05-29-11 at 12:51 AM.
    soren203 likes this.
    05-29-11 12:45 AM
    And yet another pointless comment from you. Surely one has better things to do than police every new thread, issuing pointless comments? Obviously not.

A simple question requires a simple answer. I love how people jump to reply to a new question by calling it pointless instead of offering an answer of any value whatsoever, and with emoticons no less. I honestly do not understand; does your post count really matter that much to you?

To answer the original poster's question: as you have already discovered, your 9780 is under warranty, as is the one that will be replacing it. If your new phone has a stuttering keyboard, send it back for another replacement. I had to send three 9780s back before my carrier suggested the 9800. I wasn't sure if I would like a Torch at first, but now I wish I would have just chosen one in the first place. Good luck with your new 9780. Hopefully it will be your last...
    Thank you finnally someone who understands.
    Where are you from? Because here in canada providers are real jerks I mean 3year contracts instead of 2, the lowest data plan we have is 50 bucks and I don't think that they will ever give me a torch even if I go and switch my phone everyday I have remaning on my warranty.

05-29-11 07:41 AM
    I took my 9780 in to Bell World (after calling Bell, talking to BlackBerry, and having them agree to take in in for repair) and they returned it fixed in 8 days.

I tested it and it no longer repeated, but I'll wait and see over the next few months to see if the problem recurs.

I would suggest talking to your carrier, and getting escalated to BlackBerry.
    05-29-11 08:28 PM
    I took my 9780 in to Bell World (after calling Bell, talking to BlackBerry, and having them agree to take in in for repair) and they returned it fixed in 8 days.

I tested it and it no longer repeated, but I'll wait and see over the next few months to see if the problem recurs.

I would suggest talking to your carrier, and getting escalated to BlackBerry.
    Yep that's what I did I have a replacment coming tomorrow

05-29-11 10:51 PM
    Yep that's what I did I have a replacment coming tomorrow

Good luck with your replacement?
    Last edited by ligh7ning; 07-14-11 at 02:39 PM.
    07-05-11 12:45 PM
    Good luck with your replacement...
    ...from over a month ago

07-05-11 01:20 PM
    Maybe someone should sticky one of these keypad stuttering threads so we don't get anymore new threads started.

07-05-11 04:12 PM
    i switched my keyboard settings to fast and it hasnt stuttered yet! this stuttering fail is really bugging me and im thinking of getting another blackberry lol
    07-05-11 10:53 PM
    Wow. I never realized my crackberry brothers and sisters were such a forgiving bunch (note the extreme sarcasm). Let the poor guy be.

07-06-11 06:19 AM
    ...from over a month ago

Good luck with raising your post count... with yet another pointless one. I am unsure as to why I used an ellipsis but there was actually meant to be a question mark at the end of my post, so, please count this as my official apology. Does one have to say good luck within a certain amount of time anyway? I didn't realize the forum police had rules on that sort of thing but I know now. I truly hope you will be able to sleep at night now that I have corrected this mistake. Maybe you could consider a more suitable name such as Troll_UK, no?
    Last edited by ligh7ning; 07-14-11 at 02:42 PM.
    07-14-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD