N4BB has some interesting info. It seems that Volt might be the final name for monaco/monza. Or perhaps not.

http://n4bb.com/6916/rumor-monaco-9850-monza-9860-to-be-branded-as-blackberry-volt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    haris163 likes this.
    05-26-11 10:05 PM
    Thanks for the update. Nevertheless, as far as I am concerned, they might call it Ampere or Watt for all I care. Just release it already!
    05-27-11 12:08 AM
    I just threw up a little bit...
    05-27-11 07:36 AM
    Could care less what it is called. I just NEED it now!

Volt is kind of lame. But to most people, a blackberry is a blackberry anyway.
    05-27-11 09:04 AM
    Hope you all have some patience left in the tank. All sources are now pointing to late July-Mid August release (look for the 7.0 OS to be in and around the .130s).

Don't know what genius thought it would be ok to release the first 2011 devices in the 3rd quarter of the year. Probably the same genius who insisted they rush the Storm out on OS .68.
    05-27-11 10:08 AM
    Hope you all have some patience left in the tank. All sources are now pointing to late July-Mid August release (look for the 7.0 OS to be in and around the .130s).

Don't know what genius thought it would be ok to release the first 2011 devices in the 3rd quarter of the year. Probably the same genius who insisted they rush the Storm out on OS .68.
    Put a gold case on my 9780 and gave it a new lease of life

I'm tempted to try the upcoming HTC Sensation 4G though.....
    05-27-11 10:30 AM
    They should just call it the BlackBerry 2010, because that's when it should've been released. .

I'll probably still buy it, though.
    starmburst1 and ravenlore like this.
    05-27-11 12:31 PM

I have been suffering with a Storm 9530 on its last legs, eligible for an upgrade since January. I nearly smashed it in frustration yesterday. Why has RIM forsaken me?

If the Bold 9900 or Torch 9810 comes out on Verizon next month, I will probably go that route, but I wanted this phone.

Any rumors of why it might be delayed? Last minute hardware changes? It looks like the latest leak of the Torch 2 has a front camera (which may double as a proximity sensor). If the new phones all had that, the video chat on my PB might get used.
    05-27-11 08:57 PM
    N4BB has some interesting info. It seems that Volt might be the final name for monaco/monza. Or perhaps not.

http://n4bb.com/6916/rumor-monaco-98...lackberry-volt

That same article says their information also says it might be branded as a Torch... they may decide to keep it in the Torch family. The number does line up with that thought line.
    05-28-11 08:55 AM
    So we get a name off of a lame chevy car? Just release the updated storm already.

05-31-11 02:01 AM
    Shocking that you bring up the "lame chevy car" considering your name, lol.
    01itr likes this.
    05-31-11 07:49 AM
    Volt? Wasn't that the name of that cartoon dog? No, wait, that was Bolt...
    Like the man said, just release it already.
    05-31-11 09:10 AM
    In all honesty, the people at RIM naming devices should switch jobs with those that give the code names.

Onyx, Monaco, Apollo sound a lot better than Bold, Volt and Curve.

Granted the curve and bold are established brands, but seriously...Volt? And I thought "Merlin" was a bad name for the Bold 9700...remember that?

06-01-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD