View Poll Results: What do you own?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only own a PlayBook

31 37.35%
  • I only own a different tablet (iPad, Android, other)

3 3.61%
  • I own a PlayBook and another tablet

47 56.63%
  • I'm tabletless. Still researching my choices...

2 2.41%
    My original tablet was the first gen iPad. I enjoyed it, got tired of its boring OS, then sold it, and now I own a PlayBook. I've had it for about 1-2 weeks and I like it even with its many minuses. My girlfriend told me how much she wanted an iPad 2 for her birthday last week so I bought her one, but now she says it's too expensive and insists I return it. Since I have about a week left before I hit the return deadline, I thought I'd hold on to it to compare with the PlayBook. The more I use the iPad 2 the more I discover how lacking the PlayBook is - poor app selection, poor quality apps, laggy browser, shoddy wifi, no native email and calendar, etc. And then I switch to the iPad 2 and miss the PlayBook's Flash, great portability, multitasking, new OS feel, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to keep the iPad 2 for myself...but I know the first thing out of my girlfriend's mouth when she finds out is, "Why?! You already have a tablet!"

So I'm curious... Do any of you have two or more tablets from different companies? Why?
    05-25-11 04:34 PM
    I own a playbook, my dad own's an ipad 2. I've used both extensively now.

Yes it's true the playbook is a bit lacking right now in terms of apps and it needs a bit of polish but don't forget the ipad had tones of issues and barely any apps when it first came out too. In a few months the android player will be here and there will be more native playbook apps and RIM will have had more time to sort of the issues the playbook currently has. Don't forget that the playbook has a much much more robust OS than the ipad.

The browser lag can be solved by disabling flash and only enabling it when you're on a site that needs it. Most of the time it's just the flash ads anyways. By the way even the high end android tablets lag when browsing with flash too.
    05-25-11 04:47 PM
    I have the first gen iPad 16GB wifi and now the Playbook 32GB. I got my iPad for my anniversary gift from the wife last year because I had been talking about buying it and really wanted one, and this year I got the Playbook for my anniversary gift from the wife because I had mentioned in passing that it looked neat

I definitely wouldn't even think of selling the iPad, it does alot more for me right now (corp email, VPN that works with our company's VPN, RDP app to remote into work, many better games, radio apps, social apps, etc) however I'm still digging the Playbook alot and haven't really touched the ipad since getting this almost 2 weeks ago. I like the 7" size much better than the iPad, the screen and build quality is great, the OS is awesome and I see great potential for some great apps. I could see this easily becoming my favorite tablet and a strong contender once some good apps comes out and native email comes to it. I do think as it stands now it was overpriced though especially since it's smaller and didn't come with essentials like email and that's a big negative for it I think.

I have a feeling next year I'll be getting some kind of Android tablet or maybe an iPad 3 if it's out and different enough to warrant it.
    05-25-11 04:50 PM
    Simple answer for me, work pays for them... Additionally I do development work with all the platforms, so I kinda need them all around.
    05-25-11 04:52 PM
    if you can call it a tablet, i have a dell streak 5 inch tablet/phone

i also have a playbook 32 gb

the streak collects dust unless i need a wifi hotspot at which point i switch the sim from my torch into it
    05-25-11 04:54 PM
    if you can call it a tablet, i have a dell streak 5 inch tablet/phone
    I personally laughed everytime they called the Streak a tablet, it's most definitely a phone, a big one but a phone.
    05-25-11 04:58 PM
    i have 2 PlayBooks, Xoom, and iPad original.

i've been using them mostly for app testing, but i keep going back to PlayBook.
    05-25-11 05:02 PM
    2 PlayBooks an both and iPad 1 and 2.
    05-25-11 05:05 PM
    i own the playbook 32gb and Verizon Xoom. May sell Xoom to get the new Samsung 10.1 tab as I want a thinner honeycomb tablet. Also looking forward to purchasing the HP Touchpad when it is released.
    05-25-11 05:12 PM
    i got just the playbook and used to have a xoom. i may look at another droid tablet. maybe the toshiba. idk i probably wont though i do like my playbook to much.
    05-25-11 05:44 PM
    I'd like to get a Xoom or the new Galaxy Tab just to have some variety. It's an expensive luxury though haha
    05-25-11 05:58 PM
    I did come close to buying the Dell Streak when it was first released in the UK but felt it was far to expensive for what it was. This is also the way I fell about Apple products, so have never been interested in the Ipad. Not to mention the fact that it is just too big, IMO, for a portable device.

I have been interested in the PB since I first got wind of it and even though I have no need for it I decided to take the plunge. So far I have barely left home without it.

I do own an Asus Eee PC which I purchased a couple of weeks before the PB. The Asus was actually supposed to be instead of the pb but in the end I couldn't resist.

I am very interested in the concept of the Motorola Atrix. However it's a lot of money just to play around with. I'm also half tempted to get a cheap droid tablet as I currently have no experience of Android and what it has to offer.

In the mean time I may pick up the Samsung Galaxy Mini so I can use the Wifi feature for internet on the go
    05-25-11 06:15 PM
    just the playbook for me.
    05-25-11 06:46 PM
    ipad1 and Playbook for myself.
    ipad2 for the wifey..
    i prefer the Playbook.
    Kronk likes this.
    05-25-11 07:08 PM
    PlayBook X2 + an iPad2
    05-25-11 07:19 PM
    Same like above.
    05-25-11 07:21 PM
    I have a first gen iPad that I won and passed it on to the hubby when I got my PB (which I absolutely love!!)....I have no desire to go back to the iPad, but he seems to enjoy it.
    05-25-11 07:24 PM
    I have an iPad nano that never gets used anymore.
    05-25-11 08:08 PM
    I have a 32gb Playbook and an iPad 2 in my household. I love the app selection and screen size of the iPad 2 however I think the Playbook's OS with gestures is absolutely the best on the market right now (even though there are not a lot of apps available yet). I like both devices but mainly use my Playbook for the news apps and web browsing right now.
    05-25-11 10:05 PM
    I bet if you posted this thread in the iPad forums the responses would be a lot different.
    05-25-11 10:17 PM
    PlayBook and Augen Gentouch78!
    05-25-11 10:18 PM
    even if i was a millionaire i wouldn't own two or more.its a waste of money.i rather have me a brand new house and a brand new car.with 2 or more tablets whats that going to bring me.nothing.i guess some people are never satisified with one.they have to have more more more more more.2012 is coming and if you pondering about owning more tablets you got another thing coming to you jack.lol.
    05-26-11 01:13 AM
    10" tablets are too large for me to bringing everywhere, so the 7" playbook is the best choice for me
    05-26-11 02:35 AM
    ah i almost buy dell streak 2 days ago. instead i buy an old htc desire
    so alot of people here got both ipad and pb?
    05-26-11 04:00 AM
    Playbook, both Ipad, amd a commtiva N700
    05-26-11 05:13 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD