Save yourself the time of contacting your credit card company. It is not your card. I spent the better part of my night yesterday trying for a fix. It is an internal problem that RIM apologizes for and the only work around is to try a different card as some work and others don't. The other very quick work around was setting up a paypal account.

I tried setting up a paypal account ten years ago or so and was turned off by the process. It is a lot quicker and I set up an account by going to their website and was instantly activated. I registered the account with playbook app world using my email address and password and was set. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. Save time and stress. I do have to say that the woman I talked to at RIM support was very professional and let me know right away what my options were. I love my playbook and the aVNC app that I bought makes it even better.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 05-24-11 at 07:29 PM.
    05-24-11 07:26 PM
    Paypal is working nicely now, it wasn't a couple of weeks ago. However, I don't like the fact that, by logging into Paypal in Appworld, you authorized RIM for pre-approval of $1500.

Log in to Paypal and see it yourself - Profile > My Preapproved Payment > Preapproved Payment Plans.

Why $1500, they don't need anything more than $100 in appworld!
    You can go into your Paypal account and kill this. It will reoccur each time you make an app purchase, but you can then kill it each time.
    cocothehouseboy likes this.
    05-24-11 09:06 PM
    Trinity:

When I first made a purchase last week, I did get an email about authorization but checking now, I do not find anywhere that I've authorized them in a set amount or any amount. It says something about "disabled" and to enable to enter a pin for Rim.
    05-24-11 09:27 PM
    Appworld purchases with PayPal have not worked for me since RIM changed to their automatic payment format. They quit workong on my Torch and have never worked on my PB. I've called PayPal and they say everything is setup as it should be. I've even added cash to by PayPal account. PayPal support told me the error messages being generated were from AppWorld and not PayPal. I'll give it another try...
    05-25-11 06:54 AM
    Trinity - thanks - later last night I went that extra step - I CANCELLED.

We shall see what happens the next time I want to purchase from Appworld. $1,500. I could purchase THREE PLAYBOOKS - what do apps do they think I want to purchase for that amount of money!!!!
    05-25-11 09:58 AM
    i tried my credit card and it didnt work for the app world on PB...i tried another one and it still didnt work...the bad thing on top of it, it showed it accepted the credit card twice when i tried buying aVNC...so it charged me while showing me error id 10000...what is the solution? by the way i live in dubai and only recently the telecom regulatory authority granted the consumers the privilage of using the app world...
    did BB rep inform whether they are working on a fix for this? obviously the paypal has its own issues so i will skip trying using it for a purchase...any tips?
    thanks...
    05-31-11 08:58 AM
    can't buy from appworld. keep getting error 11000 and paypal saying billing method not supported, the pre-approve payment then what? i already click approve and still can't buy from appworld. help please.
    05-31-11 10:52 PM
    Did you do this?
    1. log in to Paypal
    2. go to Profile > My Preapproved Payment
    3. now click on Preapproved Payment Plans
    4. select the RIM entry to see details
    i did. Several times.
    05-31-11 11:10 PM
    i did. Several times.
    same here.. still the same problems..
    frustarted..
    05-31-11 11:16 PM
    I am quite sure the problem lies with the blackberry id chosen during original setup.
    I used the same one I originally had when I first activated my Storm and then Torch.
    I had my credit card and Paypal info in there already. I then discovered like you that I could not purchase an app for my pb in appworld.
    After a long but pleasurable chat with Rim tech support, I had to wipe my pb, choose a completely different bb id and after that, no problem.
    Call tech support, it is available and maybe they have found a work around since this happened to me 2 weeks ago. Like you, I tried everything else.
    Somehow there must be a glitch with standard appworld/established payment methods and the pb appworld payment system. Not sure, and don't take what I say to the bank but call support.
    A wipe/os reload does not take very long.
    06-01-11 02:16 AM
    I am quite sure the problem lies with the blackberry id chosen during original setup.
    I used the same one I originally had when I first activated my Storm and then Torch.
    I had my credit card and Paypal info in there already. I then discovered like you that I could not purchase an app for my pb in appworld.
    After a long but pleasurable chat with Rim tech support, I had to wipe my pb, choose a completely different bb id and after that, no problem.
    Call tech support, it is available and maybe they have found a work around since this happened to me 2 weeks ago. Like you, I tried everything else.
    Somehow there must be a glitch with standard appworld/established payment methods and the pb appworld payment system. Not sure, and don't take what I say to the bank but call support.
    A wipe/os reload does not take very long.
    i'll try wipe and change to new id first. will let you guys know if it works for me
    06-01-11 03:37 AM
    don't wipe your playbook...still same error and paypal billing method not supported.
    06-01-11 04:31 AM
    Do you see that you preapproved RIM for $1500? If so, try change the Secondary funding source to something else, like another credit card or bank account.
    I've done this as well. I've even transfered cash to my PayPal account. I cannot purchase apps via my torch or PB after setting up PreApproved payments for both. I contacted Paypal a couple of times and they state that everything on there end is setup correctly. With the PB I get "the amount exceeds your mobile spending limit" error which is simply false. On the Torch I get "There is a system error. please try again later. (Error Id: 579048). This all leads me to believe it is an issue with my BB ID. I hope to be able to call support soon and get their help.
    Last edited by meierjn; 06-01-11 at 01:43 PM.
    06-01-11 08:00 AM
    thanks zhaffry for the tip not to wipe.
    i just hope rim fixes 2 main problems for me and probably for many people:
    - bridging problems
    - buying from app world.

have no choice but to wait for fixes.
    06-01-11 10:05 AM
    Well, TRINITY:

I had cut off the $1,500 authorization so that when I went to buy an app today, I was, of course, denied. So I had to reinitialize the payment scheme which again imposed that quite high limit. I don't see anyway to reduce the amount that Paypal can draw from. Seems all or none. Ideas?
    06-01-11 12:18 PM
    yesterday i tried to add my cc to my bb id and at first it wasn't working but after a while it worked :-) Bought my first app (blaq) late last night and just got a call from my credit card asking if i bought something from digitalriver and i said yes and that was all...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 12:27 PM
    thanks zhaffry for the tip not to wipe.
    i just hope rim fixes 2 main problems for me and probably for many people:
    - bridging problems
    - buying from app world.

have no choice but to wait for fixes.
    another problem is when you put a credit card with your blackberry id you can't delete it after... is that crazy or what?

06-01-11 12:30 PM
    why RIM still haven't solve this problems yet? at least let the users buy apps from the websites. eff.
    06-05-11 12:39 AM
    i can't buy anything either with my paypal account.
    06-15-11 01:32 PM
    i can't buy anything either with my paypal account.
    Did you ever buy an app from your BB phone using the blackberry id and then pay it be paypal? I guess somehow the BB ID ties itslef with paypal account.

I did that on my phone long back and ever since, my bbid and paypal are linked properly.

since today If I have to buy an app and I just enter my BBID credentials and no need to enter any paypal info.
    06-15-11 08:20 PM
    Something happened... I don't know if it was the last update on the PB or what but I though I would attempt to make another purchase through App World. It worked! I purchased 2 apps without any errors or issues whatsoever! It must have been a fix on their end. Maybe the lates 1.0.690.23 update?
    06-27-11 07:43 AM
    Paypal is working nicely now, it wasn't a couple of weeks ago. However, I don't like the fact that, by logging into Paypal in Appworld, you authorized RIM for pre-approval of $1500.

Log in to Paypal and see it yourself - Profile > My Preapproved Payment > Preapproved Payment Plans.

Why $1500, they don't need anything more than $100 in appworld!
    I have made numerous purchases on App world with Paypal and my Paypal account does not have any pre-authorized amount for RIM
    jh07 likes this.
    06-28-11 02:26 PM
    This is the the reason there are not a bunch of apps for the playbook, nobody is going to make apps if people cant buy them. Really RIMM you made an app store people cant buy anything from! come on already!

07-07-11 06:03 AM
    Problem persist...no fix yet?!?!?!
    07-26-11 08:46 PM
    which problems?
    07-26-11 08:47 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD