Anyone else have serious problems viewing Crackberry on PB with the bridge browser?
    05-24-11 12:26 PM
    Heck, I have problems navigating the main page of CrackBerry on the regular (WiFi) browser on the PlayBook (all the Flash content). I haven't even bothered to try the Bridge Browser.
    05-24-11 12:28 PM
    Ya I have a hard time just viewing the website on the PB browser too, it's just very slow loading and sluggish after it loads.
    05-24-11 12:32 PM
    Heck, I have problems navigating the main page of CrackBerry on the regular (WiFi) browser on the PlayBook (all the Flash content). I haven't even bothered to try the Bridge Browser.
    Ha Funny, seriously I am not having problems.
    You guys want to give specific instances of issues??

I've found CrackBerry.com to be pretty awesome over WiFi on the PlayBook. Like really good in fact.

Bridge Browser... well, I find nothing is too fast over Bridge Browser or Tethered (I prefer going to mobile sites for that).

But let us know of specific instances and we will work to fix things up.
    I turn off flash when viewing Crackberry (and a few others) and it's fine. With flash enabled it's almost useless.

Question for the Crackberry folks: Why is it when browsing CB on my PB I almost always get an iPad 2 ad?
    05-24-11 12:33 PM
    What I find troubling is having to hunt and peck for a "safe" place to tap and drag so I can scroll the webpage without firing off a Flash ad. More often than not I inadvertently open a new tab when trying to scroll the main page.
    OnTopic and claffeeba like this.
    05-24-11 12:41 PM
    No problems, but a bit slow to load at times.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    05-24-11 12:46 PM
    Strange, this site loads just fine and I have no issue scrolling on the main page. It does occasionally hang when loading, but not very often. Although it also hangs on my PC sometimes too.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-24-11 at 12:54 PM.
    05-24-11 12:48 PM
    Again no problems what so ever.
    05-24-11 12:51 PM
    Maybe this ends up being one of those issues that is difficult to pin down? No idea. All I know is that I got frustrated with Flash popups firing off when I didn't expect it (not just on CrackBerry) that I turned off Flash support.
    05-24-11 12:51 PM
    This site stinks on my Dell desktop but is very fast on Ipad...

Talk about ironic...
    05-24-11 12:54 PM

I've found CrackBerry.com to be pretty awesome over WiFi on the PlayBook. Like really good in fact.

Bridge Browser... well, I find nothing is too fast over Bridge Browser or Tethered (I prefer going to mobile sites for that).

But let us know of specific instances and we will work to fix things up.
    My sense is that a lot of the performance issues relate more to individual wifi connection characteristics, than to the site itself. It is a load to load, of course, but for the most part, it is easily tolerable on the PB (under wifi). But it is hard to stay logged in, and because of the crunched page set-up, its hard to have to continually log in after you've been dumped off. I've done the safe versus regular, cache and cookie clearing, rebooting. . . . and it sticks for a few days and then I lose it and have to log-in over and over again. What ever happened to the Crackberry Playbook App? Done and submitted, waiting approval? Still in development? Abandoned? ? ?
    05-24-11 01:01 PM
    I have no issues whatsoever .
    Of course I do not use bridge browser often.
    I did use cb.com twice on bridge browser and every other time via PB browser. an issues.
    05-24-11 01:05 PM
    Anyone else have serious problems viewing Crackberry on PB with the bridge browser?
    I have never had a problem with it. Im on it right now with my playbook
    This really shows how poorly the browser was developed for the PlayBook. The so called "full internet experience" is a joke. I'd rather get a mobile site that runs smoothly than a full site that runs like broken down 1970 car.

The OS on the PlayBook is so unusable, and anyone who says it's "works well" is lowering their standards. Almost any Apple or Android browser and OS runs smoother. Again, this really shows how little RIM worked on usability and good OS performance.

I don't care about specs if the devices can't perform.
    Kevin:

I've mentioned this before.

In this subforum, threads update constantly.

On my computer/netbook: I click on a thread read it and use the Back Arrow (firefox). The threads have not changed (due to activity). I can navigate them all and then refresh. Obviously, when I enter a thread I will get the newest but the main subforum list will not keep changing based on activity.

On the PB, when I use the Back Arrow, the entire page is REFRESHED and threads are now in a completely different order. I have to try finding what's changed or not. Is this REFRESH behavior something on the CB site that can be controlled or is it just the way the pb browser's backarrow works?

I do think the MOSAIC at the top of the page is quite complex and can take some time to populate and fully draw and redraw as you go to a new page or thread.
    05-24-11 01:27 PM
    I've never had a problem with the site on the PB.
    05-24-11 01:33 PM
    On Bridge Browser, I have Crackberry bookmarked for the mobile site. Even with that, after the initial load, I sometimes have difficulty in entering the forums. This is with java and flash disabled on Bridge Browser.

On Wifi, I have no problems with loading Crackberry, even with full flash support. One of the things you do have to be careful with is this; when scrolling, make sure you place your finger where there isn't a flash ad cause the PB is sensitive.
    05-24-11 01:41 PM
    This site loads very slowly on my Playbook. Also, as someone else said, it's hard to find an empty area to scroll through the page. Almost always end up opening a Flash ad inadvertently.
    05-24-11 01:53 PM
    This site works great on Wifi. I haven't tried on the Bridge Browser since I don't use it too often. Absolutely no issues here.
    05-24-11 01:53 PM
    This really shows how poorly the browser was developed for the PlayBook. The so called "full internet experience" is a joke. I'd rather get a mobile site that runs smoothly than a full site that runs like broken down 1970 car.

The OS on the PlayBook is so unusable, and anyone who says it's "works well" is lowering their standards. Almost any Apple or Android browser and OS runs smoother. Again, this really shows how little RIM worked on usability and good OS performance.

Your comments don't match my experience. The browser is currently the only "killer app" on the PlayBook. Sure there is more work to do (checker boards), but overall it has allowed me to dump my netbook for web-browsing.

CB has always been a beast to load. In fact its the site I use to check browser performance on all platforms I try. In my experience, Xoom loads CB best (no checkers), with PB and iPad 2 tied for second best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dodger_moore likes this.
    05-24-11 01:54 PM
    Wifi browser is very fast for me and bridge browser is quite adequate.
    05-24-11 02:02 PM
    Yes specific issues are Kevin that it loads slower than ANY OTHER SITE I navigate to. I am not sure if it is all the flash adds or what but it just seems to load very slow on my PB browser, I don't have issues with other flash heavy sites though. And it seems to take a very long time to load fully, where as other pages do not. Now the Forums load great on the PB without an issue. No issues on my PC with loading CB.com...
    05-24-11 02:04 PM

Not my experience at all. Crackberry loads faster on my PB than on my lap top. In fact, I now use my closed lap top as a prop for my PB. It's the perfect angle for landscape typing.
    05-24-11 02:08 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD