BlackBerry Bold 9900 (QWERTY, Black) Deals, #Bold9900 - Expansys.com UK

Would anyone like to share their positive or negative experience with this seller?
    05-24-11 04:00 AM
    Never bought from them but I do know the y are one of the biggest resellers of pphones and electronic goods in the market. hopefully they should be good to order from,
    05-24-11 04:39 AM
    They are also not good about keeping their delivery dates. By the time they get the 9900, you should be able to buy else where for cheaper. There are multiple places where you can pro-order the 9900, LOTS of people ready to take your money.
    05-24-11 05:09 AM
    Nothing wrong with them, ive bought a few phones off them in the past but they are pretty expensive compared to others...i buy my phones from a place here in the UK called Buy Sat Nav TomTom Garmin HTC PDA Tom Tom GPS Cheap - Reviews. They seem to be pretty cheap compared to other places.
    36thDisciple likes this.
    05-24-11 06:25 AM
    I've bought from Expansys too. They're 'ok'.
    On one occasion they were very accomodating with a return too.
    As others have said though, their prices seem not to be competitive of late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 11:34 AM
    Been buying from them for more than a decade, I think.

With everything they have in stock, they are a first rate retailer. A bit pricey, but usually among the first to get a new gadget, and very quick with shipping. Good at returns policy, too.

Where they fall down and frustrate, is with upcoming devices. Don't know if it is too-aggressive marketing to trick you into pre-ordering, or whether they are just too trusting of promised delivery dates that manufacturers give them. But too often I have had pre-ordered stuff delayed and delayed and delayed. To the point of getting pi$$ed off at them and cancelling my order.

May not have been their fault, but they were what was in front of me and who I vented at.

Now, for the sake of my blood-pressure, I wait till something shows "in stock" before I order.
    05-25-11 12:01 PM
    They are also not good about keeping their delivery dates. By the time they get the 9900, you should be able to buy else where for cheaper. There are multiple places where you can pro-order the 9900, LOTS of people ready to take your money.

Hey I'd much appreciate if you could give me the names of some of these other places like Expansys - provided they ship internationally.
    05-25-11 03:50 PM
    Nothing wrong with them, ive bought a few phones off them in the past but they are pretty expensive compared to others...i buy my phones from a place here in the UK called Buy Sat Nav TomTom Garmin HTC PDA Tom Tom GPS Cheap - Reviews. They seem to be pretty cheap compared to other places.
    I checked them out and they seem to be a bit cheaper than Expansys as you said, but their overall rating in customer reviews seems to be quite poor as well due to their apparent lack of proper after-sales service. Have you had problems with them in that aspect? The reason I ask is because I do the bulk of my personal electronics shopping online particularly from companies/websites in the UK, and I'm always looking to widen my options.
    05-25-11 04:01 PM
    Been buying from them for more than a decade, I think.

With everything they have in stock, they are a first rate retailer. A bit pricey, but usually among the first to get a new gadget, and very quick with shipping. Good at returns policy, too.

Where they fall down and frustrate, is with upcoming devices. Don't know if it is too-aggressive marketing to trick you into pre-ordering, or whether they are just too trusting of promised delivery dates that manufacturers give them. But too often I have had pre-ordered stuff delayed and delayed and delayed. To the point of getting pi$$ed off at them and cancelling my order.

May not have been their fault, but they were what was in front of me and who I vented at.

Now, for the sake of my blood-pressure, I wait till something shows "in stock" before I order.
    I feel you. I pre-ordered the SGS2 32gb the day they put it up back in Feb and its status hasn't changed since.
    05-25-11 04:10 PM
    Please don't waste your money thinking that by pre-ordering you will get this item any sooner than any other person walks on the streets.
    05-25-11 07:57 PM
    Please don't waste your money thinking that by pre-ordering you will get this item any sooner than any other person walks on the streets.
    Unfortunately, that's not what I'm thinking. It's not about getting it sooner in the way you describe. I live in a country where this phone won't be available to purchase until months after its release in Europe and the US. By pre-ordering from such websites, I'd be able to get it at the time it's released in those regions instead of having to wait. Also, I'd be reducing my chance of missing out on the initial batch (on any given website) and having to wait until more stock arrives.

Last edited by S.R.K.; 05-26-11 at 01:50 AM.
    05-26-11 01:44 AM
    Unfortunately, that's not what I'm thinking. It's not about getting it sooner in the way you describe. I live in a country where this phone won't be available to purchase until months after its release in Europe and the US. By pre-ordering from such websites, I'd be able to get it at the time it's released in those regions instead of having to wait. Also, I'd be reducing my chance of missing out on the initial batch (on any given website) and having to wait until more stock arrives.

oops ok... I am in Canada and our stupid Canadian "free trade" agreements sometimes discourage me from ordering form another country anyway. I didn't know that it takes so long to reach your country....

But the good thing is that if you wait, you may get a better well built device as opposed to getting the "initial batch" with errors. The RIM has a history of having issues with their hardware recently. Look at the 9780s and their keyboard issues on first several thousand units.

I am going to wait 3-6 weeks after the initial release and see what people has to say about the device and then decide to buy depend on the outcome. RIM is not Apple so be careful.
    05-26-11 07:59 AM
    oops ok... I am in Canada and our stupid Canadian "free trade" agreements sometimes discourage me from ordering form another country anyway. I didn't know that it takes so long to reach your country....

But the good thing is that if you wait, you may get a better well built device as opposed to getting the "initial batch" with errors. The RIM has a history of having issues with their hardware recently. Look at the 9780s and their keyboard issues on first several thousand units.

I am going to wait 3-6 weeks after the initial release and see what people has to say about the device and then decide to buy depend on the outcome. RIM is not Apple so be careful.
    Well in that case, I'd likely be able to sell it for more than what it cost me since I'd be one of only a few people to own a 9900 in my country prior to its official release here.
    Last edited by S.R.K.; 05-26-11 at 08:53 AM.
    05-26-11 08:50 AM
    I checked them out and they seem to be a bit cheaper than Expansys as you said, but their overall rating in customer reviews seems to be quite poor as well due to their apparent lack of proper after-sales service. Have you had problems with them in that aspect? The reason I ask is because I do the bulk of my personal electronics shopping online particularly from companies/websites in the UK, and I'm always looking to widen my options.
    Nope never had a problem, back in Oct last yr i bought a torch from them..3 times i had to return it due to build problems and 3 times i received a brand new torch from them...for me they were spotless.

Also be aware that pre-ordering from expansys might end up with you having a grey import...one of the biggest reasons why i stopped using expansys.
    05-26-11 10:42 AM
    Well in that case, I'd likely be able to sell it for more than what it cost me since I'd be one of only a few people to own a 9900 in my country prior to its official release here.
    May I ask where are you from? I am from Canada.
    05-26-11 11:05 AM
    My wifes ViPhone4 would disagree. I got it a weeks sooner than it was a availible in stores.
    05-26-11 12:15 PM
    My wifes ViPhone4 would disagree. I got it a weeks sooner than it was a availible in stores.
    Is a 14 days sooner really worth the extra $500+ that you paid for it though? (obviously without updating your contract/they probably charged an extra 400+ just because they could)

For instance, someone making an average of like $800 a week, how can someone really justify spending almost a weeks salary to get a phone only DAYS sooner than others?
    05-26-11 02:20 PM
    Is a 14 days sooner really worth the extra $500+ that you paid for it though? (obviously without updating your contract/they probably charged an extra 400+ just because they could)

For instance, someone making an average of like $800 a week, how can someone really justify spending almost a weeks salary to get a phone only DAYS sooner than others?
    I agree... I would rather save money than spend it so that companies lilke RIM and Apple get rich.

Now I am thinking that I should wait about month after 9900 release to see any issue people at crackberry has to report before I buy it.
    05-26-11 02:35 PM
    I agree... I would rather save money than spend it so that companies lilke RIM and Apple get rich.

Now I am thinking that I should wait about month after 9900 release to see any issue people at crackberry has to report before I buy it.
    Hah I appreciate that you agree with me, but what you just said is LUDICROUS! haha just playin, but at the same time idk :X

I bought my 9650 the day it was released and it had a tiny issue where the trackpad was a little higher on the left half and the top two buttons stopped clicking right after (the buttons issue occurred after months of use and happens to most all 9650's) ANYWAYS, I dopped my phone hard about 2 months after getting it, it worked just fine, but it was scraped up and it bugged me. about a month ago I sent it in to get a referb so I can sell this 9650 once the 9900 gets out and it will not have any scratches on it or anything. The referb has PERFECT everything. Trackpad was fixed too! Nonetheless you can always just go for a referb months after the fact if there really are any terrible hardware problems, which I doubt there will be any seeing as RIM is taking FOREVER to get everything perfect but who knows

I do like your idea about the lets get RIM and Apple rich though.. Why spend $1000 to some shmuck to get his phone a week early? Help out rim and just buy two phones from them for $1000 and boom you have two for the price of one AND you helped out the big companies that make us go crazy (in a good way)
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-26-11 at 03:17 PM.
    05-26-11 03:15 PM
    May I ask where are you from? I am from Canada.
    That's an intricate question, the answer of which will require you to embark upon a lengthy and arduous investigatory journey where success is earned rather than assumed. Lets begin by saying that where I am from is a place of people with which I bare no commonality aside from nationality, as I am not truly "from" there in the strictest sense of the word. Rather, I originate from series of intriguing places as a result of numerable cross-border passions spanning vast distances as well as time. Though where I reside is a different matter altogether. Suffice it to say that it is in a place rich in the industry of your chosen field of study, and of which you may find yourself visiting throughout the course of your worldly travels as countless others before you have. Coincidently, it is also an industry in which my family and I have had a long vested interest. Perhaps our paths will cross one day, friend.
    05-26-11 03:16 PM
    That's an intricate question, the answer of which will require you to embark upon a lengthy and arduous investigatory journey where success is earned rather than assumed. Lets begin by saying that where I am from is a place of people with which I bare no commonality aside from nationality, as I am not truly "from" there in the strictest sense of the word. Rather, I originate from series of intriguing places as a result of numerable cross-border passions spanning vast distances as well as time. Though where I reside is a different matter altogether. Suffice it to say that it is in a place rich in the industry of your chosen field of study, and of which you may find yourself visiting throughout the course of your worldly travels as countless others before you have. Coincidently, it is also an industry in which my family and I have had a long vested interest. Perhaps our paths will cross one day, friend.
    so you're from Canada too, high five!
    36thDisciple likes this.
    05-26-11 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD