Hey guys,

I don't know if this has already been covered in another forum or not but I'm going to talk about it anyway. Basically I'm having a problem with my signal on OS6 (any version of OS6 btw not just a specific version), what happens is that little black and white arrow on the top right hand corner which indicates data being transferred to/from the phone keeps on flashing for a few seconds, then it shows an X on the signal bar and says searching for network. It manages to reconnect again but this happens about 3 or 4 times every few hours in a place where I should be getting full reception. It's becoming quite frustrating now and to the point where I'm considering switching back to OS5 because I never had this sort of problem when running any of the OS5 versions. Anyways all I wanted to know is, is there something wrong with my phone or is it a bug which still hasnt been sorted out on OS6? Is there a solution for this or are we stuck with this problem until RIM sorts it out?

And just for extra info I'm running 6.0.0.576 on a Bold 9700 and my carrier is T-Mobile UK. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated
    05-23-11 03:37 PM
    This is usually a problem with your SIM card.

This happened to me a while ago right after I installed OS 6... and I also thought maybe it was a bug in the software. Turned out the SIM card was going bad. The phone drops to "SOS" when it can't read the SIM card properly. I replaced the SIM card and haven't had an issue since.

You could try taking the SIM card out of the phone, and making sure it's clean. Maybe use some compressed air on the contacts in the BB to make sure they're clean as well.
    05-23-11 04:52 PM
    Wow. my 9700 is doing the same odd behavior OS 5 or OS 6. Replaced SIM card last week, no difference. Getting a warranty replacement sent today.
    05-23-11 06:28 PM
    It could still be software related. I've had radio issues with a few versions of OS6. Kept trying different builds till I found one that works for my carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 07:16 PM
    Thanks for all of you're input guys but I've definetly come to the conclusion now its a software related problem and nothing wrong with my phone or sim card, because I put OS5 back on my phone last night and havent any problems with the signal cutting off randomly at all today. Its a shame really, OS6 is great but the memory leaks and now this issue just really put me off it.
    05-24-11 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD