Does LIVE PROFILE use up battery?

The website for the ap says it doesnt, that it runs just like BBM.

But I want to make double sure it doesnt since I cant "close" it at all and its always running.

please confirm, doe sit use up battery if its just on standby?
    05-23-11 03:18 PM
    Any app running in the background will consume some battery.
    05-23-11 03:19 PM
    Actually we should clarify better on the website. There is no battery usage while the app is in the background. We utilize push notifications so the app is not technically sending, receiving, or processing any data while in the background.
    05-23-11 04:32 PM
    Actually we should clarify better on the website. There is no battery usage while the app is in the background. We utilize push notifications so the app is not technically sending, receiving, or processing any data while in the background.
    i personally don't believe that...

I removed LiveProfile from my device because of battery drain (and I hated that it was running in the background...)... After uninstalling Live Profile, and not making any other system changes, or app changes, my battery drain went from 6% /hr, to 3% /hr... To me, that's twice as much battery usage....

Perhaps there should be a way to not have it run in the background, and use ANY battery / resources, unless the app is open, and you are "signed in"...

Similar to MSN messenger... you can leave it signed in, and running in the background, you can sign out, and actually close the app, versus LiveProfile... and not use any battery @ all...

Also, running LP in the background that uses "push notifications", are they actually push, or does the app have to poll for new messages, as this will reduce battery life as well...
    Webby and AcADIeN like this.
    05-23-11 05:50 PM
    It DRAINS the battery. I had it installed and my battery wouldn't even last a full day. Now that I uninstalled it my battery last a full day and I don't have to worry about charging it in the middle of the day like I did when I had Life Profile installed.
    05-23-11 06:22 PM
    I don't want to do publicity but this is what you can do, install my blackbattery (signature) run it without LIVE profile running, wait until you get couple % drop (5% is better) then look at your Avg -% per hour, then run LIVE profile, wait for 5 %, and compare your Avg -%.

by the way blackbattery is free and will always be free.
    05-23-11 06:27 PM
    I don't want to do publicity but this is what you can do, install my blackbattery (signature) run it without LIVE profile running, wait until you get couple % drop (5% is better) then look at your Avg -% per hour, then run LIVE profile, wait for 5 %, and compare your Avg -%.

by the way blackbattery is free and will always be free.
    I did this already, with tinymeter. Sorry to do this publically,but I tried both, and liked tiny meter better...

Anyways, as I said in an earlier post. I found liveprofile to consume almost an additional 3% battery per hour...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 06:45 PM
    I did this already, with tinymeter. Sorry to do this publically,but I tried both, and liked tiny meter better...

Anyways, as I said in an earlier post. I found liveprofile to consume almost an additional 3% battery per hour...

no worry, but I just updated my app like an hour ago, so if you didn't try it in the last hour, you should give it another go
    05-23-11 07:33 PM
    @LiveProfile Hey I'm having an issue with LP on my BB 9650. Everything works fine except I'm not getting notified for messages, but then when I enter the app they are all there waiting for me. It's like push isn't working until enter the app, then my messages come in. People only see the S until I enter the app and it turns to an R. Any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks.
    05-26-11 07:52 PM
    @LiveProfile Hey I'm having an issue with LP on my BB 9650. Everything works fine except I'm not getting notified for messages, but then when I enter the app they are all there waiting for me. It's like push isn't working until enter the app, then my messages come in. People only see the S until I enter the app and it turns to an R. Any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks.
    @emerican ... (@ ... )
    Way to hijack a thread... Try searcing for your issue... Failing that, you should be posting this in the app forum...
    #thisisnttwitter

05-27-11 01:44 AM
    I really like LiveProfile and personally have had no severe battery drain with it. I typically see battery discharge rates of ~ 0.8 - 2.0%/hour according to MeterBerry. Sorry you guys are having problems with it, I think it's great.
    05-27-11 05:24 AM
    When this app came out it drained my battery like crazy and had so many issues so i got rid of it. I recently picked it back up this week and it works great!! I'm not having any battery issues and it's connectivity issues is nearly non existent. Loving it so far.
    06-01-11 09:57 PM
    Are people still having issues with this, or is it just me?

I've downloaded Liveprofile, uninstalled, then downloaded again. The app DRAINS my battery. I used to be able to run without recharging for two days, and now I'm losing power by the end of one day.

I like this app, especially since so many of my friends have phones other than a BB but I'm tempted to uninstall permanently.
    08-22-11 12:51 PM
    can live profile tell us when 2.0 is coming out and what improvements to expect
    08-22-11 02:40 PM
    I just installed Tiny Meter and will see what my results are. Then I'm going to uninstall Live Profile, and check again. Will let ya know. I can't even get my BB to last one full day.
    04-04-12 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD