hey everybody! i just got my first blackberry phone and it looks great so far, but i need some apps!

what are the general apps that all blackberry users should have? i know nothing about blackberry apps at all, so dont forget the basics!

it will mostly be for personal, non work use.
    05-23-11 11:42 AM
    beweather
    google maps
    facebook
    bbm

that's it.
    05-23-11 12:19 PM
    Take advantage of the native ones and all the standard device features. Profiles are highly customizable, and the security afforded by the device's password, used in conjunction with content protection (encryption), is the best available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 01:06 PM
    QuickLaunch is a must have app IMO. Also BerryWeather/BeWeather, Poynt, Scoremobile, Pandora.

05-23-11 02:23 PM
    QuickLaunch is a must have app IMO. Also BerryWeather/BeWeather, Poynt, Scoremobile, Pandora.

I got QL and I wasn't impressed. I'm sort of sad I paid for it.
    05-23-11 03:15 PM
    Moved thread to BB Apps
    05-23-11 03:34 PM

I agree. Luv QL it allows me to have shortcuts right in one place on my main screen not to mention I luv the screen capture ability to post pics of what my screen looks like.

A good cross platform messenger is always nice. I like Trillian(this is a $5 app) to have all my messengers in one app.

BeBuzz is great to be able to give contacts their own led blink color, as well as assign different ones to fb,twitter etc.

BatteryEx is great for keeping tabs on battery levels.

As others mentioned above BerryWeather is great too.

Welcome to the world of BB you'll luv it!
    05-23-11 04:14 PM
    IMHO TuneIn is the only radio app needed and is a must have app, and it`s free.
    If you want the ability to record radio streams you can opt for TuneIn Pro which will set you back a whopping 99 cents.

It has many (thousands?) of broadcast stations across the globe, and several online music streams as well.
    I used to have Pandora and liked it but found I didn`t use it over the online streams from TuneIn.
    05-23-11 04:42 PM
    Calendar Pro (my most important and go-to app)
    BerryReader (greast RSS reader for GoogleReader Feeds)
    BerryPopUp
    QuickLaunch
    ScoreMobile
    Kindle
    iconify (dial by pictures, access to web by icons)
    Google Mobile App
    BlackBerry Travel
    BlackBerry Traffic
    BlackBerry Protect
    MyFitnessPal
    Musical Clock
    OurGroceries

Good Luck
    05-23-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD