So I've been enjoying my playbook and so have friends and family, especially my 4 year old. She loves watching music videos, playing with the piano app and today I downloaded a color book and now she has taken over it fully and has asked for her own. Asked her if she had $500 for one, I was told "No but you have lots of money" and when I said no I don't "well you can work for it" lol. Great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 08:34 PM
    wait till that first bill for tuition comes in the mail
    05-22-11 08:38 PM
    same thing happend to me but it was my wife who wanted one,she played bubble birds once and then could never stop so i had to buy her one lol.now my dauhters been asking for one of her own now.
    05-22-11 08:40 PM
    smart kid. she knows to much.
    05-23-11 05:25 AM
    So I've been enjoying my playbook and so have friends and family, especially my 4 year old. She loves watching music videos, playing with the piano app and today I downloaded a color book and now she has taken over it fully and has asked for her own. Asked her if she had $500 for one, I was told "No but you have lots of money" and when I said no I don't "well you can work for it" lol. Great

Downloaded the same app and my 3 year old is now constantly asking to use it. Fortunately she's got my wife's iphone on lock down so I just had to say "No honey you cant color right now but you can play with mom's phone".
    05-23-11 06:10 AM
    Me too, except it was my husband. He got hold of it on a road trip while I was driving because he was supposedly "too sleepy" to drive [rolls eyes] and never put it down. He keeps saying he is going to get one and wants me to "work it out" with the budget. Well, that's not happening, buster! I have to get my Bold Touch the minute it comes out!
    05-23-11 07:24 AM
    The same has happened to me. My daughter (4yrs old) was sitting next to me playing with her leapfrog, told me that she wanted to play on the playbook, i headed it to her and she would not give it back. The next thing i noticed her and her mom was using it all smiles and giggles until bath time when i was able to sneak and get it back. Its so addicting for all of us just hope i don't get asked to buy another one anytime soon, lol.
    05-23-11 08:50 AM
    mine was the opposite. my gf was using a freezy/laggy dell streak for work. we're bb fans so i got her the playbook the day after launch (couldnt find it day of).

i played with it a bit but she kept taking it back. i finally got some time in with it and then the update for video chat and bbm over bridge was released.

i went and got myself one!

also my little brother and nephews love playing NFS and Robin Hood on it
    05-23-11 09:49 AM
    Heh know how you feel, my girlfriend came with the idea, this thing is too expensive just for you alone... I get it on Tue- to Thursday, you get it the rest of the time... Really?
    05-23-11 09:59 AM
    Even with the 'so-called-low-quality-apps' inside the PB AppWorld, my g/f so addicted with Robin Hood. Yes, I found it entertaining for a while, but that's it. But not for my g/f, she found it amusing and asked me for some more apps like that...

Ok, seriously, I can't afford another PB (this one is free btw) for her, and if I recon, most apps indeed not good, but the question is for who?
    My g/f, my sister, and even my dad found most of the apps I downloaded (free apps) amusing, but not for me!
    So, this is a message for all the devs out there! STOP creating fun games and start creating apps for business and such! (sarcasm, no flame intended)

playbook
    English
    Noun
    playbook (plural playbooks)
    A book containing the text of a play
    A book of games and amusements for children
    (US) A book of strategies (plays) for use in American football

I found most of devs out there should look the 'translation' for professionals that PlayBook is 'a tablet for doing business strategies (plays) for use in office or companies" But don't forget the simple translation also, "A Book for playing"

Geez, what am I talking about.. forget I ever write this.. LOL
    05-23-11 11:26 AM
    My 3.5 years old daughter said the same thing when I told her I don't have money to buy stuff. LOL Fortunately, I still have my old iPad so she is busy with it for now. I saw that Color Book app for PB but I knew it was a bad idea to install it on my PB so I never installed it!
    05-23-11 01:03 PM
    same thing happend to me but it was my wife who wanted one,she played bubble birds once and then could never stop so i had to buy her one lol.now my dauhters been asking for one of her own now.
    Wow, you bought your wife a playbook so she can play bubble birds? Lucky you, you have way more dollars than sense.
    05-23-11 02:18 PM
    Heh know how you feel, my girlfriend came with the idea, this thing is too expensive just for you alone... I get it on Tue- to Thursday, you get it the rest of the time... Really?
    DUDE....custody battle for the PB?! Good luck she will want half!
    05-23-11 04:03 PM

Funny thing is your 4 year old sounds like my 17 year old too.
    05-23-11 10:45 PM
    WHAT?!
    This guy is obviously a troll. We all know NOBODY wants a Playbook, it has no native email or address book and the bridge is buggy.
    Plus, on an iSomething she would be told much better what to do and how to do it.
    4 year olds don't want flash. It's too buggy for them and drains the battery.
    05-23-11 11:01 PM
    Wow, you bought your wife a playbook so she can play bubble birds? Lucky you, you have way more dollars than sense.
    No he is probably the smartest one here, Happy Wife = Happy Husband! In more ways then you can count.
    05-23-11 11:17 PM

Get her a real coloring book?

Not too tough. They run about 2 bucks, 4 or 5 if you are a complete sucker.
    05-24-11 05:39 AM
    LOL this is really funny and the Color App is REALLY addicting..........................
    05-24-11 05:46 AM
    My 4 year old likes Dillo Hills, Popcorn Rush & Bubble Birds. I can sidetrack her for a bit with Angry Birds on my Touch but then she tries to take the PlayBook right back lol. She's also the same little girl some of you have seen in pics with a BlackBerry in hand in some of my reviews (like the Santa Tracker app last December). She's a pro BB user and I feel I need to extend her knowledge with the PlayBook and all it has to offer lol.
    05-24-11 12:16 PM
    When I brought the iPad2 home from work, I pretty much just handed it to the kids to play with, with several stern warnings to be careful. When I got the Playbook, it was "This is Daddy's work tablet and is OFF LIMITS"
    05-24-11 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD